Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List

Old 11-06-2019, 10:27 AM   #21  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: GIV Left Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron1215 View Post
I have been working at Cirrus for the past two years. So far they have been very good to me. In the current environment of pilot shortages, it is hard for every airplane to get all the days off you might like. However, they do pay a day rate for the days on over 20 and a hourly rate for flight hours over 25 per month.
You work more than 20 days a month?!?! 😳
Old 11-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #22  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Here is what I know. No hotel points. Never heard of company paying for a hotel for personal use or booking rooms on your own and keeping points. No vacation/sick time at all. You get fuel points except with Atlantic FBO, which is used 90% of the time. You go to training on your DAYS OFF. The compensation posted on APC profile is assuming you work well over the hours needed to get hourly pay added, which doesn’t always happen.
If you live in Vegas your home a good amount. Trying to commute is hard because schedule changes all the time. Getting days off you want is difficult because not enough pilots. Medical plan is below average especially with family. Pilots are always leaving so that speaks for itself.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:02 AM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: 175

You aren't going to come to an agreement to book your own hotels through the chief pilot, unless you're paying for said hotels with your own money. They use hotels.com and book cheap crap.

Training on days off - forgot about that one, but true.

The management doesn't respect the pilots, it's an "El-CheapO" operation.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:29 AM   #24  
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2019

We use Atlantic when we are in Las Vegas and when they are the only FBO available. I personally cant remember the last time I used an atlantic on the road.

On the road we stay at Hilton, Marriott and Hyatt properties unless they aren't available. We can request specific hotels, and if they are reasonable operations will book them for us.

Again, I enjoy working here, they treat me fairly. If management didn't respect the pilots then I wouldn't feel that way.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:01 PM   #25  
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel Dancer View Post
You work more than 20 days a month?!?! 😳
It is totally optional to work more than 20 days in a month. You get to choose how to take your 10 days off per month. So you can mix and match a few days here and the rest there to fit you personal needs. If you want to work extra days to make more $$$ you can. Seems like a good system to me.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:13 AM   #26  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Quote:
It is totally optional to work more than 20 days in a month. You get to choose how to take your 10 days off per month. So you can mix and match a few days here and the rest there to fit you personal needs. If you want to work extra days to make more $$$ you can. Seems like a good system to me.

Yikes only 10 days off a month hopefully they are paying above average salaries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-13-2019, 04:42 AM   #27  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingLV View Post
We keep all of our fueling points.

As for the hotel points, again, it's just how the company has been booking hotels for the past couple of years. With how much we have grown in the past year, it will probably change but up until this point it hasn't bothered anyone. If you want to book your own hotel and collect the points, the chief pilots door is always open and y'all can come to an agreement.

In my experience, the open door policy is this:
You walk in and discuss your concerns and when you go to leave, the bridge over the alligator infested moat has been removed.
Good luck
Old 11-13-2019, 05:20 AM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013
Position: A350 Captain (RET)

Quote:
It's also optional to provide a quality of life for your employee and working them over 20 days a month does not seem to embrace that concept. It is a LOUSY SYSTEM and one that should be avoided.

Fly safe,

OC
Old 11-13-2019, 06:32 AM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingLV View Post
They book hotels through a third party, and they use those free nights accrued to book future stays. If you were going out of town, you can ask the DO or CP to use some free nights if they are available to book your hotel. If you are really concerned about your hotel points then you are welcome to book your own hotels as some have done in the past.
Hotel costs should always be passed on to the owner/charter customer. If Cirrus is using the points it steals from its pilots to cover a crewmember(s) stay while on a trip, it is simply pocketing the money. This is "Dirtbag Operator 101"basic operating practice. Good companies don't do this.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:20 AM   #30  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhut View Post
Hotel costs should always be passed on to the owner/charter customer. If Cirrus is using the points it steals from its pilots to cover a crewmember(s) stay while on a trip, it is simply pocketing the money. This is "Dirtbag Operator 101"basic operating practice. Good companies don't do this.
Beautifully written you deserve a medal!! Only pilots can prevent them selves from being walked all over. The best voting power they have is there own two feet. Isnít JUSTIFICATION AND RATIONALIZATION two terms you learn with the new FOI as excuses a new pilot may try to rationalize there lack of performance.