Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Cirrus Aviation has Immediate Openings

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 01:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Varsity View Post
Pilots are voting against Cirrus, it's why the company is a revolving door and advertising on APC cold with troll accounts. The company sends you to training on the few DAYS OFF you get. Ridiculous.

Management is ambivalent towards pilots; disregarding industry standards to improve QOL, yet begs them to work there. Most of the planes they fly are old, tired and carry bottom dollar charter customers to the Las Vegas strip.

I find it funny that managers posting on here act shocked at cirrus's poor reputation amongst pilots. As if they don't already know.
EQS702 is eager to work there. He Doesn’t need any QOL benefits. Just the feeling he knows managment is happy with profits. That is what gets him threw a 17.5 hr work day. Ooooops I mean 14 hr part 135 and 3.5 hr 91 😉
Old 11-17-2019, 04:25 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Camel Dancer View Post
MRChallengerCP is this true?
Your asking the guy who posted that they have a “vacation type” program? LOL
You either get vacation or you don’t. At this company, you don’t.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:28 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
EQS702 is eager to work there. He Doesn’t need any QOL benefits. Just the feeling he knows managment is happy with profits. That is what gets him threw a 17.5 hr work day. Ooooops I mean 14 hr part 135 and 3.5 hr 91 😉
That’s awesome! Sadly cus it’s true.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:12 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Cavok1 View Post
That’s awesome! Sadly cus it’s true.
First, our staffing plan is to have 3.5 pilots per aircraft. If you do the math and do it right you will see there are a lot of extra days each year for vacation, sick days, training etc. The plan is funded and that's what we are hiring to.

Second, most on call time is done in Las Vegas so those living in Las Vegas are on call at home. The light and mid aircraft don't spend a lot of time away over night. If you like to be at home this is a good fit. If you like to constantly be on the road building hotel points it probably not. Our salaries are reviewed annually, are based off the pro pilot surveys and are engineered to start at the 80th percentile.

Third, we are reasonable people and do reasonable things. My brother Mark is our DO. Due to bad timing, he was stuck as a low seniority captain at Horizon for years. He experienced the low pay and tough schedules that caused the current pilot shortage. We understand the 121 side and try to incorporate the good parts. If you see our GOM you will find it extremely concise because we wrote every word of it. We are Argus platinum and its not a rubber stamp like it is for some operators. The head of our sales/ops team is a scheduled dispatcher who teaches at the local college. Our sales/ops team members are slowly trained to that level.

Back in the 2010 time frame we had some pilots who had terrible credit for whatever reason. They did not have credit cards and couldn't get them. We issue company CC to our crew to pay for misc expenses, but as some people had abused the cards we tightly control limits. One way we are able to do that is by arranging and paying most expenses, hotels, ramp, fuel etc from the main office. This is the original reason we started using hotels.com. The guest checking in doesn't have to have the CC used to book the hotel. Now we book so many hotels (yes even though most crews aren't away often), centralized systems are the only way to operate efficiently.

Is our company evolving as we learn, as we grow and as conditions change? Are we consistently getting better? Of course.

We don't look at things from just one perspective and we ask the same of our team. We are not here to have an adversarial relationship or to have our employees, our company or our aircraft owners taken advantage of. If a business dealing is one sided it will generally be short lived. That is not our goal.

I hope you find what I've said as reasonable. If you did and are interested in our company, chat with our Chief Pilot or DO.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2017
Position: 175 CA

Originally Posted by woods View Post
First, our staffing plan is to have 3.5 pilots per aircraft. If you do the math and do it right you will see there are a lot of extra days each year for vacation, sick days, training etc. The plan is funded and that's what we are hiring to.

Second, most on call time is done in Las Vegas so those living in Las Vegas are on call at home. The light and mid aircraft don't spend a lot of time away over night. If you like to be at home this is a good fit. If you like to constantly be on the road building hotel points it probably not. Our salaries are reviewed annually, are based off the pro pilot surveys and are engineered to start at the 80th percentile.

Third, we are reasonable people and do reasonable things. My brother Mark is our DO. Due to bad timing, he was stuck as a low seniority captain at Horizon for years. He experienced the low pay and tough schedules that caused the current pilot shortage. We understand the 121 side and try to incorporate the good parts. If you see our GOM you will find it extremely concise because we wrote every word of it. We are Argus platinum and its not a rubber stamp like it is for some operators. The head of our sales/ops team is a scheduled dispatcher who teaches at the local college. Our sales/ops team members are slowly trained to that level.

Back in the 2010 time frame we had some pilots who had terrible credit for whatever reason. They did not have credit cards and couldn't get them. We issue company CC to our crew to pay for misc expenses, but as some people had abused the cards we tightly control limits. One way we are able to do that is by arranging and paying most expenses, hotels, ramp, fuel etc from the main office. This is the original reason we started using hotels.com. The guest checking in doesn't have to have the CC used to book the hotel. Now we book so many hotels (yes even though most crews aren't away often), centralized systems are the only way to operate efficiently.

Is our company evolving as we learn, as we grow and as conditions change? Are we consistently getting better? Of course.

We don't look at things from just one perspective and we ask the same of our team. We are not here to have an adversarial relationship or to have our employees, our company or our aircraft owners taken advantage of. If a business dealing is one sided it will generally be short lived. That is not our goal.

I hope you find what I've said as reasonable. If you did and are interested in our company, chat with our Chief Pilot or DO.
You had pilots putting business expenses on their personal credit cards?!?

That's a new one
Old 11-18-2019, 07:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Hummmmmmm.....Where to begin

1. You plan on having 3.5 pilots per aircraft.
-I planned on being a billionaire by this age in my life too. Plan vs reality in a pilot shortage market can be two different numbers.
2. If pilots like building hotels points then this place is not for those pilots. Well you just cleaned HR desk of applications pretty quickly.
3. Pay raises reviewed Annually..... I’ll review you right now. Nope I will keep the money. Most respectable companies have set pay with this type of chartering.
4. I’m not sure your a reasonable person/s but I’ll give you a pass on this one.
5. A salesman is making the dispatch reliability call????? If this isn’t a oxymoron I don’t know what is. I’m sure safetys number 1 priority behind his 3-5% commission for selling a flight. This makes me seriously wonder. A lost client ( Broken airplane)can affect a sales person bottom line pretty drastically a $50,000 aircraft charter = to a sales man 1,500-2,500... would you want to lose that kind of money over a pilot crying about severe icing? And believe me the sales rep will be meeting with the general manager and accountants quickly to show all this lost company revenue. AKA his lost commission.
6. Of course the hotels can’t just be booked on Hilton.com we have to use hotels.com. Apparently it takes a PHD to book a room.
7. Also why were pilots abusing the credit cards? Many Fortune 500 company issue credit cards to employees. Those who abuse it get fired. Issuing credit cards to traveling employees is not some radical new concept. A quick company handbook explaining the do and don’t sum up the corporate policy. Those who choose not to adhere to the policy usually find themselves standing at the unemployment line.

Last edited by LLWS09R; 11-18-2019 at 07:16 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:41 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Bet you wish you never opened this can of worms. Years of misguided business sense might have just bit you on the old tuchus.

Up the creek with no paddles or should we say no pilots.

Klingon wizard of Oz. Now there is a movie idea. That's good business sense.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2017
Position: Phenom Left Seat

The head of our sales/ops team is a scheduled dispatcher who teaches at the local college. Our sales/ops team members are slowly trained to that level.
To Echo LLWS09R comment about your sales/ops guy, your DO/CP can assign local operational control to a dispatcher and let them move aircraft. However, having that one person run SALES/OPS together is a clear conflict of interest and isn’t allowed. I for one am not on here to bash your company, just have questions based on pure interest. That aside I have to say doing that operating that way is not only contrary to safety, it sheds some light onto the way your management thinks about revenue vs safety.

You HAVE to have two separate positions:
The dispatcher verifies the aircraft is airworthy and ready to fly, verifies the crew is well rested and legal to fly. Under the authority granted by your A008 may then dispatch the flight.

Based off of that information the sales person may sell a trip within the confines of the aircrafts’ performance and the crews duty and rest time.

For the life of me I don’t know how you are having one person ethically do both jobs. The dispatcher in part 135 should be the pilot’s advocate against the rampant revenue dreams of the sales person and their blatant disregard for safety.

Last edited by Camel Dancer; 11-19-2019 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Additional wording
Old 11-19-2019, 06:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Camel Dancer View Post
To Echo LLWS09R comment about your sales/ops guy, your DO/CP can assign local operational control to a dispatcher and let them move aircraft. However, having that one person run SALES/OPS together is a clear conflict of interest and isn’t allowed. I for one am not on here to bash your company, just have questions based on pure interest. That aside I have to say doing that operating that way is not only contrary to safety, it sheds some light onto the way your management thinks about revenue vs safety.

You HAVE to have two separate positions:
The dispatcher verifies the aircraft is airworthy and ready to fly, verifies the crew is well rested and legal to fly. Under the authority granted by your A008 may then dispatch the flight.

Based off of that information the sales person may sell a trip within the confines of the aircrafts’ performance and the crews duty and rest time.

For the life of me I don’t know how you are having one person ethically do both jobs. The dispatcher in part 135 should be the pilot’s advocate against the rampant revenue dreams of the sales person and their blatant disregard for safety.
It amazes me how many brand new posters are creating accounts to defend a company that both openly admits it short changes pilots and has internal conflicts of interest.

“You screw a pilot out of one minute of pay. He will screw you out of 30 minutes of pay”.-Bob Crandall (former CEO of American Airlines)
Old 11-19-2019, 09:54 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by Varsity View Post
You had pilots putting business expenses on their personal credit cards?!?

That's a new one
Actually, yes. Some of our pilots wanted to try to collect credit card points so wanted to pay on their cards. Thank you for pointing out a situation where we can't win. We are either the bad guy for stealing credit card points or the bad guy for making pilots pay on personal cards.