Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

User Tag List

Old 01-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #181  
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Default Home-Based Gama Aviation pilots out of IAH?

If so, can you PM me? I've got a couple of quick questions...

Thanks.
jetpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:16 PM   #182  
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018
Default Home-Based Gama Aviation pilots out of IAH?

OK. What about anyone with Gama who's just overnighted here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpiloto View Post

Thanks.
jetpiloto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:15 PM   #183  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: PIC

In over four years here, I have not landed at IAH. Lots of times at HOU, and varying amounts of visits to SGR, DWH, EFD, TME and BPT. What's the question?
polymox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:44 PM   #184  
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpiloto View Post

Thanks.
We would all be glad to answer any of your questions. If you want to know the likelihood of overnighting there during your 8 days on, then I wouldn’t count on it. It’s definitely possible but not enough to count on it occurring regularly.
Busdriver91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:56 AM   #185  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Default Check bags or carry-on?

Anyone care to weigh in on checking bags vs. carry-on? I need to buy a new bag, would prefer a travelworks 26", but would have to check it. In the past I've avoided checking a bag when it might be difficult for the bag to catch up with me. Also, I believe someone said the 26" fits in the wing locker ok?
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:25 PM   #186  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Anyone care to weigh in on checking bags vs. carry-on? I need to buy a new bag, would prefer a travelworks 26", but would have to check it. In the past I've avoided checking a bag when it might be difficult for the bag to catch up with me. Also, I believe someone said the 26" fits in the wing locker ok?
I think that the Luggage works 26 fits in the wing locker, but it’s tight. The standard 22 is what I carry, and that’s it. It’s more than adequate for how I pack, which is more than adequate for an 8 day tour. A lot of guys bring a backpack or briefcase too, but it takes up more room so the least amount you have the easier it is.
As far as checking a bag, if you are in uniform they probably won’t make you do it. However, I like to travel home in civies and I never check a bag. As far as going to work, the only time I check is on a regional where you have to gate check and get it back on the jetway upon deplaning. I don’t like the prospect of having to go without my bag on tour.
EMAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 12:45 PM   #187  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005

Thanks, EMAW. I agree, I've done a tour with previous carrier without bag and it was a bad deal. I think I'll opt for the 22. One more question for you, travelworks is offering the "air" version (plastic, lighter). Any experience with that?
Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #188  
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed View Post
Thanks, EMAW. I agree, I've done a tour with previous carrier without bag and it was a bad deal. I think I'll opt for the 22. One more question for you, travelworks is offering the "air" version (plastic, lighter). Any experience with that?
Not personally. I have the metal frame.
EMAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 09:44 AM   #189  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Can someone please talk to what the latest Gama interview process is like for an initial 350 type rating FO? Phone interview? F2F? Technical questions? etc... Thanks.
Bone75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:53 PM   #190  
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone75 View Post
Can someone please talk to what the latest Gama interview process is like for an initial 350 type rating FO? Phone interview? F2F? Technical questions? etc... Thanks.
It depends on what your wanting to do FO/CA. As an FO more instrument question like ..when do you need to file an alternate, Fuel requirements, may talk about the last plane flown engine, etc.... Kerp in mind the just want to know if you can pass your checkride not that you are Captain Sully. If your looking for street CA they may do an in-depth Part 135 Oral over 135 policy and procedures and EOD. Most of the interviews I know of are over SKYPE or Facetime
1212135 is offline   Reply With Quote