Around 1700tt time by the time I apply,
On pace for
1200 SE turbine
500 Se turbine pic
1000 total pic
50 multi
Plenty of ifr and cross country
Looking forward to applying as a fo.
If any gama pilots have any other suggestions, feel free to let me know.
CPR seems like it might be a good candidate for a Tier 2 base. Certainly wouldn't hurt to ask about it during an interview. I haven't really dealt with the approval process. Someone else might be better able to chime in on that.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Back on the "light" side...
Default Gama/WU Day off pay

Did I see awhile back that Gama/WU was giving folks day off pay for busy times and if so what was it again, thanks!
Old 01-29-2019, 08:42 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by blulavboy View Post
Did I see awhile back that Gama/WU was giving folks day off pay for busy times and if so what was it again, thanks!
It varies by how busy/short we are for the event. Also, even though you volunteer you won’t get paid unless they give you duty.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:48 PM
Wrenching on avionics

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: sitting

Hi,
Curious if anyone is basing out of SAN. How's it working out for parking?
Also, anyone have a typical schedule they may share? Have spent the last 25 years in a much different part of the industry flying helos so I have a lot to learn. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-25-2019, 04:12 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: Freight Dawg
Default Employee parking

Originally Posted by jetpiloto View Post
I'm off to indoc for Gama on the 4th, and this is my first "home-based" gig. I know the company doesn't cover parking, so I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas as to whether or not the FBO that we purchase fuel from here might offer complementary parking for a local Gama pilot for 8 days every other week...I can check with them, but not sure if it's Atlantic or Signature...

What are some of you doing regarding parking during your 8 days on...Are you all just biting the bullet and paying for parking? (I think it's only about $5/day, so it's not the end of the world if I have to pay to park...just looking to save money where I can.)

Thanks!
I’m paying $15 a month to park in the “employee” lot at my home base. It is in the economy lot and has a 24 hour shuttle. I chose this instead of asking Atlantic to park for free. Free would have had me tipping a driver or paying a ride share. I used the employee lot at SEA when I flew FedEx out of SEA.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Pirot View Post
I’m paying $15 a month to park in the “employee” lot at my home base. It is in the economy lot and has a 24 hour shuttle. I chose this instead of asking Atlantic to park for free. Free would have had me tipping a driver or paying a ride share. I used the employee lot at SEA when I flew FedEx out of SEA.
$5 a day reimbursed has always more than covered my driver tips.

Some places (ie DEN) you have to have approval to park in the landside employee lot and they don’t approve just anyone. And it’s $36 a month. Some places you can arrange to park with a local hotel. Different every city.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:56 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Default waiting for a response.

I applied a week ago to gama for wheels up FO position. I was hoping by now I would have heard something from them. Does anyone know a way to reach out to contact the recruitment department? The opportunity to be able to work for them would be great for so many reasons.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by airplane2503 View Post
I applied a week ago to gama for wheels up FO position. I was hoping by now I would have heard something from them. Does anyone know a way to reach out to contact the recruitment department? The opportunity to be able to work for them would be great for so many reasons.

Just out of curiosity, what is your flight time break down? What have you been doing up to this point - what are you currently flying, what have you flown previously?
Old 02-27-2019, 10:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2014

Originally Posted by airborne840 View Post
Anyone at Gama have experience with Mil Leave and how that affects the salary that Gama pays. I'm assuming they prorate the dates taken for military duty and reduce the annual income?
Gama has been fantastic working with my military commitments.

Any drill/UTA days that impede your 8 day on duty tour will be docked. I try to reschedule my UTAs to my 6 days off to avoid that, thereby 'double dipping' in a manner of speaking.

Any active duty orders you will be put on mil leave without pay. I recently was given Title 10 non-vol partial mobilization orders and was on leave; communication is key when returning to Gama off active duty as they will restart your compensation and benefits the very next day you come off orders/leave.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:55 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by That Guy 74 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is your flight time break down? What have you been doing up to this point - what are you currently flying, what have you flown previously?
I've been doing 135 flying...
2000 total time
1500 pic
1175 ME
1150 ME turbine
150 night
just don't have my ATP is all.