Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 03:53 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2013

I’d like to know as well as tomorrow is my last day.
Old 10-30-2019, 04:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Poolside

Dang! Is there something going on at GAMA that everyone is bailing???
Old 10-30-2019, 05:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Peabody17 View Post
Dang! Is there something going on at GAMA that everyone is bailing???
It what has been said before. “The good news is nothing has changed. The bad news is nothing has changed”. So as other company keep looking for ways to innovate QOL and pay we lag. Rumor is “big news” on the horizon but when pilots asked for details that is when crickets are heard. Still a good place to fly. Good insurance 8/6 and if your lucky to get provisionals Captain slot decent first year pay. But sadly you can’t ignore the fact there has been high turn over here.

I will add to this I think the problem will get worse before it gets better...

Last edited by LLWS09R; 10-30-2019 at 05:40 AM.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:10 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: left

Originally Posted by Wahoo5151 View Post
Just a heads up to all current gama employees, please keep tabs on your pay once you put your 2 weeks notice in. I was completely screwed over recently and have had multiple other co workers/friends have the same experience.

Sadly that was my experience too. Its funny how they change calculations to their favor with a complete disregard for how its clearly spelled out in the employee handbook. I really expected more upon my departure, I was very disappointed
Old 10-31-2019, 09:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation Make this a special thread and reach out...

Originally Posted by Surge900 View Post
Sadly that was my experience too. Its funny how they change calculations to their favor with a complete disregard for how its clearly spelled out in the employee handbook. I really expected more upon my departure, I was very disappointed
Hey guys,

If this is true, I would put this on its own separate thread on this forum to see if this is happening to other GAMA pilots. I would also reach out to Steve, Hector, and your pilot recruiter Chip... They are good folks and realize that this would be real bad publicity for GAMA at a time when you are trying to recruit and retain good pilots. I am betting that GAMA will do their best to make this right... And if not, then you can spread the word on this forum and to all your fellow GAMA buds still there.

I am sure that this would be one of the last things that they would want out in public while they are trying to attract and keep pilots.
Old 11-01-2019, 09:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Hey guys,

If this is true, I would put this on its own separate thread on this forum to see if this is happening to other GAMA pilots. I would also reach out to Steve, Hector, and your pilot recruiter Chip... They are good folks and realize that this would be real bad publicity for GAMA at a time when you are trying to recruit and retain good pilots. I am betting that GAMA will do their best to make this right... And if not, then you can spread the word on this forum and to all your fellow GAMA buds still there.

I am sure that this would be one of the last things that they would want out in public while they are trying to attract and keep pilots.
I personally do not fully understand each pilot circumstance since they have departed. However keep in mind some pilots fail to complete their 1 year training (type rating) contract. It clearly states in there they can and will keep your final paycheck unless you render the prorated amount. It’s pretty clear. It’s against the law to with hold a paycheck because they are mad you left. If you tell them your last day Nov 8th and your last day worked is Nov 2nd of course they will not pay the 6 days off. GAMA can accept your resignation for any day after your last day worked regardless of the date you place down on termination letter. Come on this is a business why would I pay you a daily rate to sit at home??
Now the Per Diem taking forever to get into your bank account. Hey even line flying pilots have been slow to receive reimbursement lately. I don’t know what to say about that , but to take a number.

Hector Chip and Steve have no say so in this matter. It’s payroll and D.O. Maybe a few other hire ups. But it’s clear they will keep what they can if the 1 year contract is not complete. “They rarely go after anyone if ever.” But if your new job goes south and you want to come back every pilot in good standings when they departed is welcome back. However if the contract is not fully paid or is not dissolved via working a full year you may not be welcome back. If I ever left I would make sure I left on the best of terms.

Last edited by LLWS09R; 11-01-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 01:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation Respectfully disagree

Good points, and disclaimer that I don’t work there, but I am pretty sure that those guys, Steve, Hector, and Chip, are respected and in high enough positions that they have the EAR of the DO and Payroll. They can let upper management know about the situation and to encourage them to right things that are wrong (If they are wrong), and keep bad press off of these forums.

Personally, in this pilot market, I would defer to paying the people fully unless their behavior was totally egregious. I would rather pay someone a little too much, rather than risking that dirty laundry being discussed on one of the most influential pilot forums and great recruiting tool out there. IMHO....
Old 11-01-2019, 01:26 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: left

Hey guys,

Good points but how pilots are treated upon departure really says a lot about how were viewed by the company. It can be valuable information when one is weighing their options, and fortunately we are in a time when we have options. The Gama pilot group is very tight, hands down some of the best guys and gals I've ever had the fortune to work with. I know several more guys on their way out and have shared my experience with them so they can do what's best for them on their departure. Hopefully others can learn from our experiences
Old 11-01-2019, 03:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Good points, and disclaimer that I don’t work there, but I am pretty sure that those guys, Steve, Hector, and Chip, are respected and in high enough positions that they have the EAR of the DO and Payroll. They can let upper management know about the situation and to encourage them to right things that are wrong (If they are wrong)
Sadly most pilots get an exit interview. Even if I’m 110% wrong and Steve,Chip, and Hector are running the show. The problems of why people are leaving are very clear to them along with 90% of management. Their ability to change anything would come down to the financial decision of DO, Payroll, accountants. I hear it every tour from just about every Captain and FO I fly with that Is planning on leaving. It is generally the same issue(s).

Last edited by LLWS09R; 11-01-2019 at 03:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009

Do you mind sharing what some of those issues are? Im just curious more than anything.
Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
Sadly most pilots get an exit interview. Even if I’m 110% wrong and Steve,Chip, and Hector are running the show. The problems of why people are leaving are very clear to them along with 90% of management. Their ability to change anything would come down to the financial decision of DO, Payroll, accountants. I hear it every tour from just about every Captain and FO I fly with that Is planning on leaving. It is generally the same issue(s).