Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Old 12-17-2019, 04:56 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Wow. New “free” insurance blows. Not even worthwhile when you’re not paying anything for it. At this point, I wish they had an option to pay for the regular players like Cigna, BCBS, or United. Great time to be going backwards on the benefits Gama.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:41 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Position: BE300 Left Seat

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
Wow. New “free” insurance blows. Not even worthwhile when you’re not paying anything for it. At this point, I wish they had an option to pay for the regular players like Cigna, BCBS, or United. Great time to be going backwards on the benefits Gama.

Did you get an internal document outlining the coverages, etc or are you just speculating that it will be crummy cause no one has ever heard of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2019, 06:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by JRSK View Post
Did you get an internal document outlining the coverages, etc or are you just speculating that it will be crummy cause no one has ever heard of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To be fair most medical doctors and their billing departments have never heard of it either.
Old 12-17-2019, 06:37 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
Are we basing this off straight pay? There are other carriers with below or same as GAMA rates being paid to fly jets at reputable carriers. Also besides NJA we are only company that offers 100% FAMILY paid medical insurance. So one could argue we are not the lowest paying carrier and we do offer a pilot with family an additional 3-5k medical premiums where companies like XO FE has you pay.
“Comparison only”
XO pays a FO 55,000 8/6 HB Jet
GAMA pays a FO 55,00 8/6 HB KingAir

XO 150.00 x12 medical insurance= -1800.00
GAMA 0x12 medical insurance= -0.00

XO pays for dinner via credit card= 0.00 in pocket
GAMA you get 59.00x8 days minus your appetite.= 472.00 in your pocket

I hope your questioning all 135 carriers
Not for nothing, but can we please stop with the, “for a King Air” rhetoric?? An airplane is an airplane. The King Airs fly a LOT of the same routes as jets. And if you want to get technical, from someone who has flown multiple types (jet, turboprop, etc) technically a King Air is more of a pain in the ass to fly. Nothing like bouncing around in the mid 20’s during thunderstorm season... lol. The point is, let’s stop with the “for a King Air” stuff...
Old 12-17-2019, 06:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by StainRJDriver View Post
Not for nothing, but can we please stop with the, “for a King Air” rhetoric?? An airplane is an airplane. The King Airs fly a LOT of the same routes as jets. And if you want to get technical, from someone who has flown multiple types (jet, turboprop, etc) technically a King Air is more of a pain in the ass to fly. Nothing like bouncing around in the mid 20’s during thunderstorm season... lol. The point is, let’s stop with the “for a King Air” stuff...
I think you quoted the wrong person Chief. I’m not the one saying “for a king Air” I’m trying to defend Gama compensation as compared to their equal part 135 carriers. Yes a new hire at Gama will fly a king air. A new hire at XO will fly a jet. That’s pretty much black and white.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by StainRJDriver View Post
You're right. Having flown both you could argue that life is harder on the King Air and therefore should demand a higher compensation, but unfortunately that's not how it works. When comparing salaries for competing carriers flying the same equipment, the King Air does pay well in comparison.
I used to fly the Q400 and when the proposed pay package came out it was less than the 50 seat RJ salary. For a 74 seat aircraft which burned less fuel and generated more revenue. For some reason tubo props don't demand the same pay. It's not fair but it is what it is.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:44 AM
New Hire

For someone looking to get into the charter industry who besides Wheels up/Gamma should I be looking at?

I have the total time requirement and will be adding multi and instrument after the first of the year.
Old 12-19-2019, 03:05 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by OkieDuster View Post
For someone looking to get into the charter industry who besides Wheels up/Gamma should I be looking at?

I have the total time requirement and will be adding multi and instrument after the first of the year.
It depends on what your looking for. QOL, Pay, Career ambition, quick time building?You need to provide more information or the best company I can tell you to look into is “every part 135 carrier”
Old 12-19-2019, 05:46 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
It depends on what your looking for. QOL, Pay, Career ambition, quick time building?You need to provide more information or the best company I can tell you to look into is “every part 135 carrier”
Hometime then QoL and pay. Someone who will do type training I have the raw hours.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by OkieDuster View Post
Hometime then QoL and pay. Someone who will do type training I have the raw hours.
Well Gama FE XO are decent companies 8/6. Jetlinx claims your home more night than an average 135 carrier but the down side to that is you must live where they base their aircraft. To get a good foot in the door I’d consider for 2-3 years the above mention 3. After that look into NJA or Flexjet if you truly are looking for a career in part 135/91K. There are other “part 134.5 carriers” with a 135 certificate. However heed the warning buyer beware!