Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2019, 06:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
It depends on what your looking for. QOL, Pay, Career ambition, quick time building?You need to provide more information or the best company I can tell you to look into is “every part 135 carrier”
Agree with LLWS,

We really need more information as to what is important to you.. Having tons of friends at GAMA and knowing their recruiter, I can tell you that they would be an excellent choice, especially if you have a family and need free insurance coverage for the entire family. Netjets does this as well.

But you really should decide what is important to you, and then ask the forum. You should also go to the Part 135 profiles here, where you can see the pay and benefits for most decent part 135 carriers (and no, that’s not an oxymoron anymore...).

Every company on here has a certain benefit that makes them different, and much of those benefits vary in importance to different pilots. GAMA and Netjets offer free health insurance to the entire family. XOJET’s smallest fleet is super mid, so you are starting big. As of today, Delta Private Jets offers travel benefits and a preferential application review at Delta. flyExclusive has a fast upgrade and has a very liberal basing policy where you can live and fly out of anywhere. PlaneSense offers part-time flying and a 7/7 schedule. TMC hires part time pilots, etc., etc.

See, everyone is offering something a little different and some are better and some are worse. You just need to decide what is important to you and remember that if you are under 40, you must also consider the great disparity of what you would make in a 135 career vs. a 121 career.

Good luck..
Old 12-19-2019, 06:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Lightbulb Thread diversion and I’m guilty too..

This probably deserved it’s own thread, and I’m guilty too for chiming in.

Life at JetLinx depends on your owner and how important home life is for you. I have two close friends that came here because “hard days off” aren’t always honored there, and one worked several 22 day months with pressure to work more. I would disagree about the claim that their pilots spend more home time there. And if they do, they can’t plan on it. But they, along with XOJET, have been chosen for the Destination 225 Program that flows to Southwest Airline. So they’ve got that going for them.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2019
Position: BE300 Left Seat

Happy New Year’s Eve to all. Anyone at WUP seen actual docs on the new medical insurance yet? Like starting tomorrow you have to see if your current doctor is on their list of providers, are your prescription meds on the formulary, in network vs out of network, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2020, 04:36 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2017
Default Training

Sorry if this has been asked before. How is training conducted at Gama aviation/WheelsUp? About how long does it take, approximately how many sims do you get etc? Thanks for any information.
Old 01-05-2020, 02:59 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: Freight Dawg
Default Training at Gama

Originally Posted by Arthur27 View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before. How is training conducted at Gama aviation/WheelsUp? About how long does it take, approximately how many sims do you get etc? Thanks for any information.
Training starts at the company HQ in Shelton, CT. One week of orientation and indoctrination, preceded by 40-60 hrs of home CTS. You will get a part 135 oral at the end of the week. You then go to Groton, CT for water survival training. Finally you go to Flight Safety for your BE300 type rating which takes two weeks, one for ground school and one for simulator training. You then get scheduled for IOE with an instructor pilot. It’s a good job.
Old 01-05-2020, 03:29 PM
Line Holder

Default Training at Gama

Training starts at the company HQ in Shelton, CT. One week of orientation and indoctrination, preceded by 40-60 hrs of home CTS. You will get a part 135 oral at the end of the week. You then go to Groton, CT for water survival training. Finally you go to Flight Safety for your BE300 type rating which takes two weeks, one for ground school and one for simulator training. You then get scheduled for IOE with an instructor pilot. It’s a good job.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:02 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2017

Thanks for the info!
Old 01-07-2020, 06:54 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

I believe they recently extended the indoc portion a couple days (so maybe a week and a half for indoc). Primarily to train on flows, checklists, and system checks prior to getting into the simulator. However, I don’t have a schedule of the new training to confirm. I think this changed only happened in the last couple months, so maybe someone that has been through indoc recently can confirm.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
I believe they recently extended the indoc portion a couple days (so maybe a week and a half for indoc). Primarily to train on flows, checklists, and system checks prior to getting into the simulator. However, I don’t have a schedule of the new training to confirm. I think this changed only happened in the last couple months, so maybe someone that has been through indoc recently can confirm.
Yes it has been extended.
Old 01-12-2020, 08:01 AM
Line Holder

Default New Health Insurance

Originally Posted by JRSK View Post
Happy New Year’s Eve to all. Anyone at WUP seen actual docs on the new medical insurance yet? Like starting tomorrow you have to see if your current doctor is on their list of providers, are your prescription meds on the formulary, in network vs out of network, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the need to use the new insurance in January. The website
Isn’t as user friendly or informative as the UHC website. My primary care physician was on the website. Another doctor and a clinic were not. I had been seeing the other doctor since last Spring. The PHCS insurance added my doctor and the clinic with one phone call. The insurance company called me and gave me satisfaction that all I would be paying is the $750 deductible. There really isn’t an in network, out of network. So I’m happy and all my stress about the new insurance is gone.