Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Old 02-10-2020, 11:58 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: Freight Dawg

Originally Posted by shamirfersobe View Post
Just a general note for everyone that wishes to apply at Wheels Up. This might only happen to me, but who knows.
I Applied couple weeks ago, 2,500 tt, more than 1,000 PIC 135 Turbine (SEL) and around 150 instruments with few (50ish) hours of Multi Time. They replied back saying they wanted at least 300 Turbine Multi or 500 Piston multi for an SIC position.
back when I had 3000 hours and 40 hours multi time I went and flew cargo in Cessna 402 planes. I got my multi time up to 1500 and made close to 50k.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:08 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Aerial Survey

Originally Posted by shamirfersobe View Post
Just a general note for everyone that wishes to apply at Wheels Up. This might only happen to me, but who knows.

I Applied couple weeks ago, 2,500 tt, more than 1,000 PIC 135 Turbine (SEL) and around 150 instruments with few (50ish) hours of Multi Time. They replied back saying they wanted at least 300 Turbine Multi or 500 Piston multi for an SIC position.

I had 250 ME and received the same response. It’s odd they don’t post these ME minimus in their job postings to save candidates who don’t meet the 300 ME the trouble of applying. Humm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-2020, 09:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by StillHope View Post
I had 250 ME and received the same response. It’s odd they don’t post these ME minimus in their job postings to save candidates who don’t meet the 300 ME the trouble of applying. Humm

I agree with you their minimums should be stated somewhere. But with everything in life “Waivers” still exist. So why shoot your self in the foot before you know if WUP/ARGUS/WYVERN will wavier minimal MEL in exchange for 3,000+ hrs total time. Anyone barely meeting ATP mins will not get any waivers. But a motivated PlaneSence/Air choice One/ Boutique air/ TradeWinds etc....FO that paid there time in a SEL-Turbine can get a wavier. So rules are not set in stone. It comes down to a total picture concept not just an over all one size fits all number.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Position: PC-12 PIC

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
I agree with you their minimums should be stated somewhere. But with everything in life “Waivers” still exist. So why shoot your self in the foot before you know if WUP/ARGUS/WYVERN will wavier minimal MEL in exchange for 3,000+ hrs total time. Anyone barely meeting ATP mins will not get any waivers. But a motivated PlaneSence/Air choice One/ Boutique air/ TradeWinds etc....FO that paid there time in a SEL-Turbine can get a wavier. So rules are not set in stone. It comes down to a total picture concept not just an over all one size fits all number.
That's exactly what I thought... but I guess they're set with the 300 turbine multi or 500 multi piston....
Old 02-11-2020, 05:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Skywest will put you in the right seat of an E175 with 1500 hours. There are always other options.
Old 02-14-2020, 03:48 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

At what point do they conduct a logbook review? Preferred format?

Last edited by MiracleMets; 02-14-2020 at 03:49 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-15-2020, 06:52 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by MiracleMets View Post
They do not care what format it’s in. Do not loose one second of sleep over that issue. It’s been 3 years since I was sitting where you are but I don’t recall them actually looking at a log book unless you did not have an ATP. At the time I applied I held 2 ATP type ratings so it was assumed I met the company minimum ( aka ATP minimums) by default. They may ask you to bring them to indoc if you currently do not hold an ATP type rating.
*Disclaimer*
However keep in mind if you don’t already hold an ATP type rating a FAA examiner will examine the logbooks quite extensively as there is a laundry list of items that must be documented. I would pull out the old FAR/AIM “brick” and go threw each requirement and document when you met those minimums with a small post it note in your log book for easy verification.
Old 02-15-2020, 07:29 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
They do not care what format it’s in. Do not loose one second of sleep over that issue. It’s been 3 years since I was sitting where you are but I don’t recall them actually looking at a log book unless you did not have an ATP. At the time I applied I held 2 ATP type ratings so it was assumed I met the company minimum ( aka ATP minimums) by default. They may ask you to bring them to indoc if you currently do not hold an ATP type rating.
*Disclaimer*
However keep in mind if you don’t already hold an ATP type rating a FAA examiner will examine the logbooks quite extensively as there is a laundry list of items that must be documented. I would pull out the old FAR/AIM “brick” and go threw each requirement and document when you met those minimums with a small post it note in your log book for easy verification.
Thanks for the response. I have two ATP type ratings as well. Great info. Thanks.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:29 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: Freight Dawg

Originally Posted by MiracleMets View Post
Gama never looked at my logbook
Old 02-24-2020, 01:08 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Default interview soon.

Originally Posted by StillHope View Post

I have a friend who has a skype interview soon for SIC. He has about 30 hours of twin time. I want to help, I believe he was sent some Jepps. Does anybody know the process?