Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/111299-gama-aviation-wheels-up-pay-scales.html)

SOTA 02-28-2018 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Skip0927 (Post 2539839)
I thought they were going to have a townhall update every wednesday? All part of the new and improved WuP/GAMA

I have negative knowledge of that "K" anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

COKS 03-03-2018 03:10 PM

Thinking about applying,how much time do you all fly and is there a contract? And from what I've read on this thread, since I live in PHX, that looks like an approved base? (If I'm reading that right)

402Driver 03-03-2018 03:17 PM

how does the vacation time work out at Wheels Up?

SOTA 03-03-2018 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by COKS (Post 2542220)
Thinking about applying,how much time do you all fly and is there a contract? And from what I've read on this thread, since I live in PHX, that looks like an approved base? (If I'm reading that right)

Training Contract Yes

50 to 60 hours a month average flying

PHX is a base

SOTA 03-03-2018 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by 402Driver (Post 2542225)
how does the vacation time work out at Wheels Up?

1 week per year awarded by bid

Petethedog 03-06-2018 10:51 AM

I have been reading that places like NetJets and FlexJet require their crews to stick around the FBO until duty periods end. Is this the case at WUP?
The last operator I worked for was pretty reasonable with this. They'd let us know early in the day if they tacked on some additional flying. (Most of the time not). If not, sometimes they would have us hang out for hour or so at the FBO. If nothing came up, you are done.
Also, when are you alerted of the following day's schedule?

EMAW 03-06-2018 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Petethedog (Post 2544318)
I have been reading that places like NetJets and FlexJet require their crews to stick around the FBO until duty periods end. Is this the case at WUP?
The last operator I worked for was pretty reasonable with this. They'd let us know early in the day if they tacked on some additional flying. (Most of the time not). If not, sometimes they would have us hang out for hour or so at the FBO. If nothing came up, you are done.

They may have you hang out at the FBO to back up other aircraft, or they may send you to the hotel. In most cases you will not duty off until late afternoon/evening in case they need to pull you back out. It’s an ever changing schedule. You also get notified of the next day’s schedule when you duty-off under most circumstances. All subject to change as it’s a very fluid operation.

Das Auto 03-06-2018 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Petethedog (Post 2544318)

If there are other aircraft in the vicinity scheduled to launch in the not so distant future, they will have you stick around to back them up. There's no sitting around just because you have duty time remaining like NetJets seems to do. If you end the day in a more remote area they will likely release you for the day. The next days tentative schedule is now being sent late afternoon and confirmed when you call to duty off.

dbflyer 03-08-2018 05:55 PM

In addition to the pay listed in the thread, is there any additional pay for holidays, getting home late, etc, etc. What would you say the average pilot makes over the listed base salary each year?

Thanks

hdgbug 03-08-2018 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by dbflyer (Post 2546551)
In addition to the pay listed in the thread, is there any additional pay for holidays, getting home late, etc, etc. What would you say the average pilot makes over the listed base salary each year?

There is no holiday pay. There are only a couple ways to make extra money.

Assuming you are based at a Tier One base, you get $500 if they start you before 6AM on day 1 or home past midnight (from the timezone you started the duty day in) on day 8. So for day 8, if you're west coast based but start your day on the east coast, they have to get you back to base by 9PM Pacific time (midnight east coast time).

If you work a day off, the overtime rate is $650 (PIC)/$550 (SIC) per day.

If they have to shift your schedule for training, those days are either $500 per day if it was assigned on an off day. Comp days can sometimes also be worked out instead of the $500 if you don't want to loose your day off.

I would say the majority of pilots, unless they are willing to work days off, only make the salary plus maybe a couple days of getting home late.