Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Old 11-13-2018, 03:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Do you guys operate HondaJets? I thought I saw/heard a Hondajet with your callsign?!?!?
The one or two Honda jets are managed aircraft, not part of the wheels Up fleet.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:58 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Default Crew coolers and workout gear

What is GAMAs policy on crew coolers? That leads me to the next question if you ever find the time or the place to work out on the road? I really had to work to get my medical back and I want to keep it. Thx.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

[QUOTE=GoNavy;2715824]What is GAMAs policy on crew coolers? That leads me to the next question if you ever find the time or the place to work out on the road? I really had to work to get my medical back and I want to keep it. Thx.[

Some guys, but very few, carry crew coolers. Space is very limited. For most of the ones that do, they just carry emergency food/snacks to get them through to a break or the end of the day.
As far as working out on the road, 95%+ of the hotels have workout rooms. You’ll have to make time to work out when we’re busy because there are a lot of 12+ hr duty days. It can be done and we have a few guys that work out daily.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

How much vacation do Wheels Up / GAMA pilot’s accrue? What are the travel benefits?

I’m at an excellent 135 operator, I plan on fulfilling my contract and then re evaluating. Ideally I’d want to be living in Denver. I’d be coming in with a year as a PIC on PC-12s, all 135 experience. We currently get 18 days paid vacation and ZED fares, 4/3 schedule. Home most nights. I know Wheels Up will have pilots on the road for 8 days.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2014
Position: Freight Dawg

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
How much vacation do Wheels Up / GAMA pilot’s accrue? What are the travel benefits?

I’m at an excellent 135 operator, I plan on fulfilling my contract and then re evaluating. Ideally I’d want to be living in Denver. I’d be coming in with a year as a PIC on PC-12s, all 135 experience. We currently get 18 days paid vacation and ZED fares, 4/3 schedule. Home most nights. I know Wheels Up will have pilots on the road for 8 days.
Hi MaxMar, I just got hired. There are 8 days or one tour of PTO/vacation and 5 sick days. I had lots of single engine turbo prop time and 7700 total time and had to come in as a first officer because I only had 1500 multi hours. They require 2500 multi to be hired as a captain. Travel to and from base is included in your 8 duty days. I've had 7 on, 7 off jobs that ended up being 8/6 because I had to travel to work on my 7th day off.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post

8 days of vacation per year to be used on a complete 8 day rotation. If you add the 6 days before and after the tour, we get a total of 20 days off in a row once per year.
You could definitely be based in Denver as it is one of our bases, however returning back to base in the middle of your tour will be unlikely.
No ZED fares however we keep all our airline and hotel points.
The mins for captain aren’t published but I know that if you don’t have a significant amount of multi and multi pic, you will be offered an fo position. Upgrade eval would be at 1 year, regardless of your seniority. Hope this helps.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Busdriver91 View Post
8 days of vacation per year to be used on a complete 8 day rotation. If you add the 6 days before and after the tour, we get a total of 20 days off in a row once per year.
You could definitely be based in Denver as it is one of our bases, however returning back to base in the middle of your tour will be unlikely.
No ZED fares however we keep all our airline and hotel points.
The mins for captain aren’t published but I know that if you don’t have a significant amount of multi and multi pic, you will be offered an fo position. Upgrade eval would be at 1 year, regardless of your seniority. Hope this helps.
Ah. Ours is 18 days of On Duty, so if you stacked them 4 per week, it’s just over a full month off for the first few years. I don’t have hardly any multi at all, and CAs here make slightly more than FOs at Gama. And having travel benefits is nice. Guess I’d have to decide how much I’d want to live in Denver and if it outweighed the paid time off / being home a lot. Thanks for the info!
Old 12-31-2018, 06:38 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2017
Default Gama pay

Please excuse me if these questions have been asked previously on Gama:

1. How much does Gama pay you monthly during training on the king air?

2. How long is the training period for an initial type rating?

3. Where does initial training take place?

Thanks in advance!!!
Old 12-31-2018, 07:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Bone75 View Post
1. How much does Gama pay you monthly during training on the king air?

2. How long is the training period for an initial type rating?

3. Where does initial training take place
1. You are at your applicable salary for your hired position for training. Starts one week prior to your Indoc class date so you can accomplish CTS.

2. Initial type training is right around 3 weeks, depends on the sim centers schedule.

3. We use CAE in Dallas, Flight Safety in ICT and ATL, and TrueSimulation in Tampa.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Default Military Leave at Gama

Anyone at Gama have experience with Mil Leave and how that affects the salary that Gama pays. I'm assuming they prorate the dates taken for military duty and reduce the annual income?