Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales >

Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Gama Aviation/Wheels up pay scales

Old 08-10-2019, 06:57 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2019

I was talking to a friend of mine who flys for the Wheels Up program, and it peaked my interest. I figure I have the right answer for some but since this seems to be a very active post I will ask here also.

Do you actually have to have the ATP or just the have the minimum hours?

How does seniority work in accordance to bases of choice? For instance I live equal distance from 2 hubs currently but would like to move to colorado which I assume is a relatively popular base, after a certain number of years do I get a shot at that or does an opening have to happen.

How hard is it to upgrade to PIC after the year? Assuming a move may be required if you wanted to jump in right away.

Anything in particular I need that may not be evident right away from the job postings?

Sorry for the questions but just looking into the industry and this seems to be a great fit for me.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by OkieDuster View Post
I was talking to a friend of mine who flys for the Wheels Up program, and it peaked my interest. I figure I have the right answer for some but since this seems to be a very active post I will ask here also.

Do you actually have to have the ATP or just the have the minimum hours?

How does seniority work in accordance to bases of choice? For instance I live equal distance from 2 hubs currently but would like to move to colorado which I assume is a relatively popular base, after a certain number of years do I get a shot at that or does an opening have to happen.

How hard is it to upgrade to PIC after the year? Assuming a move may be required if you wanted to jump in right away.

Anything in particular I need that may not be evident right away from the job postings?

Sorry for the questions but just looking into the industry and this seems to be a great fit for me.
0 seniority when it comes to bases. You have to have the minimum for ATP, but they’ll put you through a program for the certificate. Upgrade requires an Evaluation and a .299, not hard; just normal ops.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
0 seniority when it comes to bases. You have to have the minimum for ATP, but they’ll put you through a program for the certificate. Upgrade requires an Evaluation and a .299, not hard; just normal ops.
Don’t forget a minimum number of hours...the exact amount seems to be a secret. I do know that there is a minimum of total, PIC, multi, turbine, and multi PIC. The guys coming in at 1500 hours may not meet these minimums after a year.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Busdriver91 View Post
Don’t forget a minimum number of hours...the exact amount seems to be a secret. I do know that there is a minimum of total, PIC, multi, turbine, and multi PIC. The guys coming in at 1500 hours may not meet these minimums after a year.
Yeah, maybe not.
Old 08-12-2019, 08:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Ok so I went to Wheels Up website and there is nothing listed for pilot positions, mostly accountants and sales. Is there a third party who does the hiring for Wheelsup ?
Old 08-13-2019, 04:29 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by Diverb View Post
Ok so I went to Wheels Up website and there is nothing listed for pilot positions, mostly accountants and sales. Is there a third party who does the hiring for Wheelsup ?
That's because GAMA employs the pilots for WheelsUp.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
What he said. WU pilots work for Gama.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Smile And TMC..

And TMC now, I guess....
Old 08-13-2019, 09:22 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
I went to the Gama Aviation website and all the positions listed were for Europe and required the EASA license. Is there a separate Gama for the US? Can someone give me the link for Gama USA jobs ?
Old 08-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: King Air 350i

Originally Posted by Diverb View Post
I went to the Gama Aviation website and all the positions listed were for Europe and required the EASA license. Is there a separate Gama for the US? Can someone give me the link for Gama USA jobs ?
We’re Gama Aviation Signature in the US:

https://www.gamasignature.com/