Old 08-13-2019, 03:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Thanks guys
Old 08-14-2019, 11:38 AM
Works Fri-Sun, golf M-Th

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Golf Cart

If there are any former regional peeps that work for WU/gama could you please shoot me a PM. I have some general questions and rather have a straight forward convo than the peanut gallery's opinion.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:44 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: BE300 Captain

IS Wheels Up still hiring guys? Got a BE-300 type, but cant find anything on their web site. Could someone let me know the link for applying. Thanks so much
Old 08-16-2019, 04:01 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: Back on the "light" side...

It's right on the website....
https://jobs.jobvite.com/gamasignature/job/oKNV5fwh
Old 08-16-2019, 09:10 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Climbto350.com has job postings for Gama FO and Captain.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:40 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by 100LL View Post
Explain this home base option, what do you mean certain cities?

Also explain this review I got from Glassdoor....any truth to this? "

Poor Management Model, pilots are overworked to the point of exhaustion and expected to work like robots, "don't think, just do" philosophy? The King Air checklist procedures will result in an accident at some point (a lot of "heads down" at critical bases of flight attempting to accomplish this ridiculous checklist that is basically a CYA procedure for the legal department - it borders on being dangerous! The clients always watch their assigned aircraft on an APP, always showing up early and pressuring pilots to accommodate an early departure ALL THE TIME, stressing out crews who NEVER have any time to prepare between flights, or simply grab a quick bite to eat before their next scheduled flight! HIGH stress environment, brokers/sales staff over sells the program but no matter what, pilots have to accommodate and put up with whatever the client is promised. Pilots become burned out very quickly and leave for other jobs"
The review of Wheelsup/Game from glass door is spot on. I worked at wheelsup/Gama for 2 years, coming from 10 years at the regionals. I am happily at a mainline airline now. Stay away from this place!!!! Over worked is an understatement. The sales reps are beyond rude, pushy and have no respect for the crews. When it boils down to you should have stayed at one of the bottom regional airlines around rather then work at wheelsup/Gama it's not a good place to work at.
Old 09-19-2019, 03:47 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by 100LL View Post
Explain this home base option, what do you mean certain cities?

Also explain this review I got from Glassdoor....any truth to this? "

Poor Management Model, pilots are overworked to the point of exhaustion and expected to work like robots, "don't think, just do" philosophy? The King Air checklist procedures will result in an accident at some point (a lot of "heads down" at critical bases of flight attempting to accomplish this ridiculous checklist that is basically a CYA procedure for the legal department - it borders on being dangerous! The clients always watch their assigned aircraft on an APP, always showing up early and pressuring pilots to accommodate an early departure ALL THE TIME, stressing out crews who NEVER have any time to prepare between flights, or simply grab a quick bite to eat before their next scheduled flight! HIGH stress environment, brokers/sales staff over sells the program but no matter what, pilots have to accommodate and put up with whatever the client is promised. Pilots become burned out very quickly and leave for other jobs"
The review of Wheelsup/Game from glass door is spot on. I worked at Wheelsup/Gama for 2 years, coming from 10 years at the regionals. I am happily at a mainline airline now. Stay away from this place!!!! Over worked is an understatement. The sales reps are beyond rude, pushy and have no respect for the crews. When it boils down to you should have stayed at one of the bottom regional airlines around rather then go to Wheelsup/Gama it's not a good place to work.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by Howdy700 View Post
The review of Wheelsup/Game from glass door is spot on. I worked at Wheelsup/Gama for 2 years, coming from 10 years at the regionals. I am happily at a mainline airline now. Stay away from this place!!!! Over worked is an understatement. The sales reps are beyond rude, pushy and have no respect for the crews. When it boils down to you should have stayed at one of the bottom regional airlines around rather then go to Wheelsup/Gama it's not a good place to work.
I understand that Gama is not Mainline and need QOL and pay improvements. But since when does sales tell the crews what to do????????? Ops pushes you sometime. Hate to say this so does mainline. It’s a simple matter of the Captain telling ops “NO”. In my 2.5 years here. I have never once talked to a sales person.
I have many friends at mainline carriers. The push to get the job done doesn’t only apply at 135 carriers my friend...
Old 09-19-2019, 01:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
I understand that Gama is not Mainline and need QOL and pay improvements. But since when does sales tell the crews what to do????????? Ops pushes you sometime. Hate to say this so does mainline. It’s a simple matter of the Captain telling ops “NO”. In my 2.5 years here. I have never once talked to a sales person.
I have many friends at mainline carriers. The push to get the job done doesn’t only apply at 135 carriers my friend...
The answer is...they don’t. And neither does ops if you have a valid reason for refusal. If they do, our safety department and DO will both back as long as you have a valid reason for refusal.
In 3.5 yrs I’ve never been pushed to do anything that I wasn’t comfortable doing, but I’ve never just said no either. Usually it’s, “I can’t do that, but I can do this.”
If you are overworked the the point of exhaustion, bang out fatigued. No extra paperwork (unless you want do it to help the other guys in your situation), and you won’t hear anything else. They may ask you the circumstances, so they can avoid it in the future. If you don’t say anything, they don’t know. They’re gonna try to utilize the aircraft as much as possible.

Last edited by EMAW; 09-19-2019 at 01:56 PM.