Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   PC-12 Ops...info request (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/113051-pc-12-ops-info-request.html)

Junglejett 04-18-2018 10:01 AM

PC-12 Ops...info request

A local group of professionals approached me about a putting a PC-12 to work. I can read all the Pilatus literature but wanted to get real world experience with the airplane. Reliability. Average fuel burns/speed on various stage lengths/alts..or from a planning perspective, is there a ROT on fuel burn and speeds. Again, looking for some good wags. Not looking at a NG right now...so "legacy" birds.

Thanks!

JetAJunkie 04-18-2018 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Junglejett (Post 2575051)
A local group of professionals approached me about a putting a PC-12 to work. I can read all the Pilatus literature but wanted to get real world experience with the airplane. Reliability. Average fuel burns/speed on various stage lengths/alts..or from a planning perspective, is there a ROT on fuel burn and speeds. Again, looking for some good wags. Not looking at a NG right now...so "legacy" birds.

Thanks!

Rule of thumb is 500lbs the first hour and 450 to 400 an hour after that depending on altitude. It trues out about 265 on a good day.

CharleyFox 04-20-2018 02:57 PM

I always just thumbed it at 400lbs an hour average, then add 600lbs on top of that for reserve. So for a 3 hour flight I'd put on 1800lbs and you're guaranteed to get it there with plenty reserve. Normally cruise at FL240 to FL260, at about 255-260TAS. It has been a while since I flew them regularly though, that's just what is on the top of my head.

They are amazing airplanes, you can do just about anything in them. About the only thing is you can get them aft CG if you really load them down. They are extremely reliable. The legacy models are great. My only beef with them is the generators. The main is capable of powering everything in flight, but if you lose it, the secondary is very limited in amperage output, so load shedding is a must. They fixed that on the NG's by putting two full size generators on them.

JetAJunkie 04-23-2018 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by CharleyFox (Post 2576669)
I always just thumbed it at 400lbs an hour average, then add 600lbs on top of that for reserve. So for a 3 hour flight I'd put on 1800lbs and you're guaranteed to get it there with plenty reserve. Normally cruise at FL240 to FL260, at about 255-260TAS. It has been a while since I flew them regularly though, that's just what is on the top of my head.

They are amazing airplanes, you can do just about anything in them. About the only thing is you can get them aft CG if you really load them down. They are extremely reliable. The legacy models are great. My only beef with them is the generators. The main is capable of powering everything in flight, but if you lose it, the secondary is very limited in amperage output, so load shedding is a must. They fixed that on the NG's by putting two full size generators on them.

There is also a STC to put a PT6A-67P in the /45 or /47 so when it’s time for an engine change you can replace the 67B so you can get duel geared 300A gens even in the legacy it’s such a nice thing to have!