Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Tradewind Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 09:42 AM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by bwana View Post
I have really been looking at Tradewind lately, it looks like an amazing company to fly for. At the end of my current contract (oct this year) I think Tradewind will be at the top of the list. Just curious what the chances of being based in Puerto Rico full time are like.
100% chance.
And yes, it is a great company. You'll love it there.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:34 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2019
Default HOU

I have seen references to HOU as a domicile, but I haven’t seen much information about it. Are those local flights, or are those pilots mixed in to PR and NE shuttles during the appropriate time of the year? Thanks in advance for your time
Old 02-20-2019, 04:36 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by WRP43 View Post
I have seen references to HOU as a domicile, but I haven’t seen much information about it. Are those local flights, or are those pilots mixed in to PR and NE shuttles during the appropriate time of the year? Thanks in advance for your time
Unfortunately the Texas operation has ceased, so DAL and HOU are no longer domiciles.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

I have really been looking at Tradewind lately, it looks like an amazing company to fly for. At the end of my current contract (oct this year) I think Tradewind will be at the top of the list. Just curious what the chances of being based in Puerto Rico full time are like.
Tradewind is an absolutely fantastic place to work! Chances are high that you could get Puerto Rico full time, just be aware though that being a full time PR Pilot means you’ll need to have your own housing / car etc. The company housing and cars are for Northeast transplants only.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:53 AM
New Hire

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
Tradewind is an absolutely fantastic place to work! Chances are high that you could get Puerto Rico full time, just be aware though that being a full time PR Pilot means you’ll need to have your own housing / car etc. The company housing and cars are for Northeast transplants only.
Good to know! Thanks for the info!
Old 02-21-2019, 04:13 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Zero.. only during busy season for a few months or as a tourist
Old 02-21-2019, 06:51 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2017

Best to say ,, slim chance ,,. PR base has enough pilots for 2 airplanes unless one day TW increases that number. Turn over rate is very low close to zero . As an SIC ? Maybe, depends on needs. So don’t give high hopes to others since you don’t fly. Rest is correct cars , apartment etc.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:25 AM
New Hire

Unfortunately the Texas operation has ceased, so DAL and HOU are no longer domiciles.
Thanks for the reply!
Old 05-03-2019, 09:19 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2018

What is the schedule like here? Do they have CASS and KCM?
Old 05-04-2019, 10:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by 2BluSkyz View Post
What is the schedule like here? Do they have CASS and KCM?
4 on 3 off, some schedules are 3-on, 1-off, 1-on, 2-off.

We have CASS on certain cargo and regional carriers. Biggest name is JetBlue, and with them it’s cabin CASS only. No KCM, but we do get a discount with Clear.