Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels up QOL and money

Old 07-10-2018, 01:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Boris Badenov View Post
Oh I'm not suggesting that you not take the upgrade. But that pay *is* shameful for that airframe. The two can be true at the same time.
Like Starbucks said.
You could argue that the King Air guys should get more than the jet drivers considering the extra workload. 3 times more levers in the cockpit too!
Old 07-11-2018, 09:59 AM
"Yinzer an'at"

Joined APC: Jun 2012
Position: Sittin at the puter

Phlying4fun- Check your PM's.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:45 PM
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by Starbucks View Post
OK. You're buzzing around doing 5 legs and sweating your balls off while you're trying to change the medieval lav in between flights. Then someone says come over to the XL or the X for roughly the same $$$. What are you going to do? Would you reply with - "I'm sorry. The $$$ is just too low for that airframe. I won't take the new type rating and the same pay. I'll just stay here in my KA and try to keep the sweat from dripping on the circuit breakers".
No, you say "thank you very much, I've been here for a few years, I've got my 1000ME and 1500 turbine time, I will go elsewhere. See yah!"
Old 07-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by dera View Post
No, you say "thank you very much, I've been here for a few years, I've got my 1000ME and 1500 turbine time, I will go elsewhere. See yah!"
Nobody at Gama who is considering/being offered the X, or the XL, is worried about 1000ME and 1500 turbine. Most people who are hired passed those times a long time ago. Most are at Gama because this is where they have chosen to be, or because they are waiting for a call from the Southwest or the like. Pay isn't the only consideration for a lot of people and there are many reasons to stay here, even with other options out there.

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Yikes - 90K to fly a X as a Captain is not competitive - in this market. Perhaps to fly a KA350 today but not a X.
Like someone else mentioned, nobody going to the X as a Captain is going to be making 90k. As far as I know, they have all come internally and have been here for 3+ years. So a X Captain is realistically "starting" 102k+. To me, that seems pretty comparable to others in our market space.

Originally Posted by Deluth16 View Post
Where are the pay rates including second year sic getting pic pay?
PIC
Year 1 - 90k
2 - 94k
3 - 98k
4 - 102k
5 - 106k
6 - 108k
7 - 110k
8 - 112k
9 - 115k
10 - 117k

SIC
Year 1 - 55k
2 - 60k
3 - 65k
4 - 70k
5 - 80k
6 - 82k
7 - 83k
8 - 85k
9 - 87k
10 - 88k

Once you pass your Command Evaluation, you move to year 1 PIC pay regardless of if you upgrade to PIC or remain as an SIC.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by dera View Post
If you were here for a few years and then had those times you wouldn't have been hired in the first place. This isn't an hour building outfit by any stretch.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:14 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
If you were here for a few years and then had those times you wouldn't have been hired in the first place. This isn't an hour building outfit by any stretch.
While I agree this isn't a time building job in the traditional sense of flying a ton a year and pushing 1000 hours, I wouldn't consider it a job were you don't build time. Generally I seem to fly at a rate of about 600 hours per year. I'm sure some fly more and some fly less. While you might be able to build time faster somewhere else, this isn't a bad spot to consistently build a decent amount of time.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
While I agree this isn't a time building job in the traditional sense of flying a ton a year and pushing 1000 hours, I wouldn't consider it a job were you don't build time. Generally I seem to fly at a rate of about 600 hours per year. I'm sure some fly more and some fly less. While you might be able to build time faster somewhere else, this isn't a bad spot to consistently build a decent amount of time.
I think what they (including me) mean is there’s a difference between a job where you build time, and a time building job. Also, the mins here are high enough that if you don’t have the time to at least apply everywhere else, you’re probably not going to get hired here.

That being said, for me this job is a career job as I am not going back to 121. It’s also a lot better than flying for any regional, unless a legacy is your goal.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:14 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
I think what they (including me) mean is there’s a difference between a job where you build time, and a time building job. Also, the mins here are high enough that if you don’t have the time to at least apply everywhere else, you’re probably not going to get hired here.

That being said, for me this job is a career job as I am not going back to 121. It’s also a lot better than flying for any regional, unless a legacy is your goal.
Completely agree with you. I'm here for the long haul as well. Just with the lowering FO minimums, I wouldn't want to scare off good people who may not look at this as a career, and thus wanting to continue to build time, from coming here with a statement such as this isn't a time building company. Someone looking to bypass the regionals or flying cargo could easily read that to say you won't build enough time to ever move on.

We need good lower time people coming in as First Officers, even if they aren't going to stick around forever. I think this is a great place to come, gain good experience, fly to lots of cool places, and steadily build hours.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by hdgbug View Post
Completely agree with you. I'm here for the long haul as well. Just with the lowering FO minimums, I wouldn't want to scare off good people who may not look at this as a career, and thus wanting to continue to build time, from coming here with a statement such as this isn't a time building company. Someone looking to bypass the regionals or flying cargo could easily read that to say you won't build enough time to ever move on.

We need good lower time people coming in as First Officers, even if they aren't going to stick around forever. I think this is a great place to come, gain good experience, fly to lots of cool places, and steadily build hours.
I can agree with that.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:59 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Anyone know total time, ratings, etc on the last F/O’s hired?