Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels up QOL and money

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 01:03 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2018
Default Wheels up QOL and money

Hello everyone I’m new to this site so forgive me in advance for any repeat questions.
1. The upgrade time to captain I’m hearing two different stories. Is it automatically after one year or is it based on merit?
2. When your bases say west coast, willl your tour stArt at your base or fly to meet the plane?
3. The per diem card , is it loaded and yours to keep? What happens if you barely use it?
4. How much PIC does a Sic actually log?
5. Overall what are your thoughts on the company? Is it a good place to work at? I know that all companies will have their ups and downs.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2018, 04:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Originally Posted by Tuffgong View Post
Hello everyone I’m new to this site so forgive me in advance for any repeat questions.
1. The upgrade time to captain I’m hearing two different stories. Is it automatically after one year or is it based on merit?
2. When your bases say west coast, willl your tour stArt at your base or fly to meet the plane?
3. The per diem card , is it loaded and yours to keep? What happens if you barely use it?
5. Overall what are your thoughts on the company? Is it a good place to work at? I know that all companies will have their ups and downs.

Thanks
1. “Merit”. Is a loose term. Don’t do anything stupid and as long as you have the mins. Should be around the 1 year mark. Nothing is automatic here.
2. Both.
3. My per diem card is loaded multiple times a day.... You get per diem for a day on duty.
4. No way I’m getting into a logging time discussion. There are pages on that.
5. It’s got it’s issues, but it’s better than your average 135. But it’s still a 135....
Old 06-28-2018, 07:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Thanks
Upgrade Eval is at 1 yr for people hired as SIC. do what you are supposed to and there won't be any problems.
You will start on an airplane in the US (99% of the time). That's about as much as anyone knows until we get our orders.
There is no card for perdiem. We get a company card to use for hotels, travel, and whatever other business expenses we run into. You turn in per diem numbers with your expense reports and get paid what you are owed.
Logging of time by SICs is changing. For me if I'm not listed as PIC on the daily paperwork, I'm logging SIC.
Top of the line as far as 135s go.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:19 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017

How’s qol compared to a regional? Looking to stop commuting.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by Deluth16 View Post
How’s qol compared to a regional? Looking to stop commuting.
I was at a regional for many years and I can tell you life is much better for me here at Gama. If you are senior at a regional and getting 15 plus days off, your life may be better there. If your long term goal is airlines then it might be better for you to stay put. We only get 12-13 days off a month so you should factor that. As far as commuting goes, your blood pressure won’t go up here because company pays for a positive space ticket every time. I’m east coast based and on average my first day starts around 9 or 10 am and last day get back just after dinner time. Other guys on here, especially west coast guys, will say they start earlier and definitely get back very late every time.
Lots of things to factor but for me I wish I made the jump earlier.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:49 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
Upgrade Eval is at 1 yr for people hired as SIC. do what you are supposed to and there won't be any problems.
You will start on an airplane in the US (99% of the time). That's about as much as anyone knows until we get our orders.
There is no card for perdiem. We get a company card to use for hotels, travel, and whatever other business expenses we run into. You turn in per diem numbers with your expense reports and get paid what you are owed.
Logging of time by SICs is changing. For me if I'm not listed as PIC on the daily paperwork, I'm logging SIC.
Top of the line as far as 135s go.
So, your allowed up to 59 per day that turn in receipts for? I was told hats we get a card that is loaded for our per diem.
Old 06-28-2018, 11:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2013

So, your allowed up to 59 per day that turn in receipts for? I was told hats we get a card that is loaded for our per diem.
You were told wrong. $59 day per diem domestic $65 international plus $5 a day for tips. Per diem is paid separately from you salary. You are issued a company credit card which is used by logistics to book hotels and airline tickets. You also use it to pay for rental car gas etc.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:32 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

To say it another way, you request 59 a day (65 international) on your expense report for the tour. That's per day you are on the road, most likely 8 days. Standby at home, doesn't pay per diem. But that really doesn't happen all that much. No receipts required, because it's not based on what you use, it's a flat rate.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:39 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
To say it another way, you request 59 a day (65 international) on your expense report for the tour. That's per day you are on the road, most likely 8 days. Standby at home, doesn't pay per diem. But that really doesn't happen all that much. No receipts required, because it's not based on what you use, it's a flat rate.
So if I understand correctly you don’t have to submit pictures of all the receipts? Just at the end of your 8 day shift you tell them you worked 8 days and they give you $472 on your check if it’s all domestic?
That would be amazing instead of submitting every receipt.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:23 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2015

Originally Posted by PrettyFlyGuy View Post
... Just at the end of your 8 day shift you tell them you worked 8 days and they give you $472 on your check if it’s all domestic?
That would be amazing instead of submitting every receipt.

It is not put on your PAY check. The per diem is with your expense report on a separate check... You must submit your shift expenses (receipts), mainly Hotels, Uber, Airline and any other authorized expense in order to receive your per diem. This check takes somewhere between 1-3 weeks to appear in your bank account.