Any Jet linx pilots 4 a question

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Any Jet linx pilots 4 a question

Old 05-14-2016, 07:51 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Default Any Jet linx pilots 4 a question

What kind of rotation is there if there are 3 pilots assigned on a particular aircraft?
Old 05-14-2016, 07:55 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Downward Dog

Did these guys stop being bad news for pilots?
Old 05-14-2016, 10:11 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by WesternSkies View Post
Did these guys stop being bad news for pilots?
They never had 3 pilots assigned to 1 aircraft? or are you reffering to something else
Old 05-14-2016, 11:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Downward Dog

Something else. Just heard talk of how guys were treated, furloughed and such.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:39 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2016

As far as I know JL has not furloughed anyone, on the contrary they are trying to crew each aircraft with 3 crew members, however the growth and new acquisitions have set that back.
They do tend to hire typed high time (3k min) pilots, but everyone is hired as a captain with captain pay.
But they have recently been hiring SIC's to fill the gaps until they meet the requirements of ARGUS, WYVEM, IS-BAO, which they hold so dearly.
I know of internal upgrades within the fleet where a BE400/CJ guy goes into a XL, XL guy moves into a G200 or C640, X, etc until they meet the mins and then jump to CA pay. But if they are already typed on another aircraft, they maintain the captains pay plus the upgrade until they meet the mins.
Best bet is to look at their website and see what positions are open.
24 pilot positions last time I looked.
You can be based or opt for a "floater" position if available and be home based.
That's the best Intel I have.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2016

Anyone know if they are hard and fast on the type requirement even for high time experienced applicants?
Old 06-11-2016, 04:46 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2012
Position: 135, right side

Originally Posted by flyingagain View Post
Anyone know if they are hard and fast on the type requirement even for high time experienced applicants?
I was hired as an FO, no type required. They are ARGUS/WYVERN though, so to be captain you need 250 PIC in type.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Falcon 900B

Originally Posted by Gvdriver View Post
What kind of rotation is there if there are 3 pilots assigned on a particular aircraft?

Originally Posted by flyingagain View Post
Generally they like to hire people with time in type due to their ARGUS requirements. They do hire guys into a new type, but you'll be SIC for a while until you get 250 hours in type. Also 3000 total time to be PIC, 1500 TT required for SIC. In a 3-person rotation, they'll want at least 2 to be PIC qualified.

They do need people, they have aggressive growth plans which started last year. Job postings are here: About Us Careers - Jet Linx

When hired, you're assigned to a specific aircraft (job postings/openings are usually for a specific aircraft). Some airplanes are staffed with a 3-person rotation, others only 2... depends on how much the airplane is used according to the management contract they sign with the owner. Jet Linx does not own any airplanes, it's all aircraft management for the owners, with some owners agreeing to allow Part 135 use.

They generally want people to live in base (12 or 13 bases now, with goals to add 2-3 more bases each year)... but they do have floater positions available to fill manning gaps. The floaters can live anywhere and travel via airline to/from their rotation. But there's no set rotation like an 8/6 or 10/5 like some companies have.

Even for the guys that live in-base, there's no set rotation... only 5 hard days off per month. That might scare some people away, but it's not as bad as it sounds. It's not like they use you for the full 25 other days each month. Some extra days off are given if the airplane is down for MX or off on a trip without you... there's other standby days where you're on call, but aren't used. Yes, some pop-up trips happen... but on your standby days you're still at home - not hanging out in a hotel or FBO. Standby is 0800-1700 for same-day trips (which would have to end by 10pm), and they can still contact/notify you up until 8pm for next-day trips.

I've been with Jet Linx for a few months now, and have been enjoying it. Good people to work with, and a good relationship with Ops/Flight Coordination. They'll listen to your inputs as PIC, and won't push you on fuel/wx, etc... as long as you have a reasonable explanation for your decision. Very safety oriented.

I'm happy to answer questions... PM if you like, or post a Q here. I'm also happy to have a phone call discussion with anyone who's seriously interested; PM to exchange contact information.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:31 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: CRJ-200 FO

Are the salaries posted anywhere? Looks like there are a couple positions in the ATL area that I qualify for. Curious what the starting salary is.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:43 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Turning money into noise.

Originally Posted by samuraiguytn View Post
Are the salaries posted anywhere? Looks like there are a couple positions in the ATL area that I qualify for. Curious what the starting salary is.
I'd like to know ballpark pay rates also. I've heard mixed things about them over the years. Was not aware pilots are only getting 5 days off a month. Hopefully the pay is in line with that fact.