Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Wiggins Airways Careers (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/115130-wiggins-airways-careers.html)

Jim2878 07-17-2018 08:44 AM

Wiggins Airways Careers

Wiggins Airways, Inc. has immediate openings for pilots to fly our BE99, C208 and EMB110 cargo aircraft in service with UPS. **Sign on Bonus** Openings available in KPVD KPQI, KBGR, KMHT.

They seek professional, safety and customer oriented individuals with single pilot, FAR 135 all weather experience. Applicants must be IFR current and possess 1200 total hours; 200 hours Multi-engine, 25 hours of actual instrument time; FAA commercial license with instrument rating. Competitive yearly salary, plus hourly per diem. They offer a comprehensive benefits package. Relocation reimbursement is negotiable. Schedule: Pilots fly evenings and mornings (usually 2 flights per day of 2-3 hrs), home during the day.

Wiggins Airways was founded in 1929, as a Part 135 all freight Regional Air Carrier under contact with UPS and FedEx serving 12 states in new England. ©2018 Wiggins Airways, Inc. Application and information on, www.wigginsairways.com

VidNan 03-14-2021 11:45 AM

Still Hiring?

I see on APC they are still hiring. What aircraft do you normally get put on first? Or do you get a choice. What about bases? What is jnr

nonononononono 03-14-2021 01:17 PM

200 multi to fly a caravan.....WHAT?

usmc-sgt 03-14-2021 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by nonononononono (Post 3206993)
200 multi to fly a caravan.....WHAT?

I thought the rumor I heard (years ago) is that it was possibly driven by FedEx since it’s their plane.

QRH Bingo 03-14-2021 04:28 PM

APC says their page was last updated in 2017 so I would go by Wiggins own website which shows NOT currently hiring.

Wiggins is owned by Ameriflight so it would not surprise me if they start integrating hiring mins to be the same just to keep stuff standard across the board. But also could be that the Caravans are owned by Fed Ex themselves as previously stated.

Seneca Pilot 03-14-2021 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by QRH Bingo (Post 3207050)
APC says their page was last updated in 2017 so I would go by Wiggins own website which shows NOT currently hiring.

Wiggins is owned by Ameriflight so it would not surprise me if they start integrating hiring mins to be the same just to keep stuff standard across the board. But also could be that the Caravans are owned by Fed Ex themselves as previously stated.

The multi requirement is due to the Beech 99s they fly for UPS.

goodridecowboy 03-16-2021 05:27 PM

If I recall correctly Wiggins got purchased by Ameriflight. They may operate under their own certificate / do their own flying but I think it might go through AMF now. Someone double check me though.