Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Latest on Tradewind Aviation (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/117726-latest-tradewind-aviation.html)

MaxMar 11-27-2019 09:56 AM

Smoking Man,

SIC training consists of one week of Indoc / 135 IFR rules and one week of systems, both in OXC at company HQ. Then you are flown to DFW for 4 sim sessions in the FlightSafety PC-12 Legacy machine with Tradewind instructors followed by a checkride. You are on payroll beginning from day one, during training your housing and transportation are taken care of by the company.

Smoking Man 12-02-2019 06:43 PM

Tradewind Training

Many thanks to all who took the time to reply.

SonicFlyer 01-04-2020 08:29 PM

How many hours can a SIC in SJU expect?

majuro15 01-14-2020 08:46 AM

I just got hired for a 7 February training class. Just a little about me, was hired at 550TT, SEL, instrument, comm. No CFI/CFII. I have 300+ hours of XC and 150+ of night, which I was told made a big difference. I am an Air Force officer with MX background as well as management background from civilian career. Looking forward to joining a great company and seeing where it leads for my career.

DBono 01-14-2020 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by majuro15 (Post 2956515)
I just got hired for a 7 February training class. Just a little about me, was hired at 550TT, SEL, instrument, comm. No CFI/CFII. I have 300+ hours of XC and 150+ of night, which I was told made a big difference. I am an Air Force officer with MX background as well as management background from civilian career. Looking forward to joining a great company and seeing where it leads for my career.

Congrats on landing a great gig and congrats on the start of a great career change. You won't regret it!

dera 01-14-2020 06:05 PM

Probably the best entry level 135 job there is. Enjoy it.

Iaqton 01-14-2020 07:10 PM

Curious what times of year tradewind is running classes? Have a banner tow gig for the summer months, but would be thrilled to join the HPN base. Met some very nice TW pilots while working at MMU who all had great things to say about the company.

Would a new hire be able to get the NE base? Or NE for shuttle season, SJU for the winter?

Thanks!

MaxMar 01-15-2020 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Iaqton (Post 2956974)
Curious what times of year tradewind is running classes? Have a banner tow gig for the summer months, but would be thrilled to join the HPN base. Met some very nice TW pilots while working at MMU who all had great things to say about the company.

Would a new hire be able to get the NE base? Or NE for shuttle season, SJU for the winter?

Thanks!

We’re running 1-2 classes every month except June July August and September last time I checked. We are currently in a big hiring push right now, HPN base is a guarantee. March classes and after will start straight into the Northeast, but if you want to spend your winters in SJU you can be down there October - Easter pretty easily. Company housing while you’re down there or a stipend if you want your own place. We’re hiring big time right now, goal is 36 new hires before the summer season really kicks up and we’re barely a third through that number, definitely submit an app if you are interested.

Iaqton 01-15-2020 06:51 PM

Thanks for the response. Finishing up my IR and COMM SE now, going to drag rags this summer to get to 500 hours and get an app in asap.

SonicFlyer 01-15-2020 07:11 PM

What is FO pay, QOL, schedule like these days? Do they still have training contract?