Latest on Tradewind Aviation

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Latest on Tradewind Aviation

Old 01-15-2020, 08:53 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by majuro15 View Post
I just got hired for a 7 February training class. Just a little about me, was hired at 550TT, SEL, instrument, comm. No CFI/CFII. I have 300+ hours of XC and 150+ of night, which I was told made a big difference. I am an Air Force officer with MX background as well as management background from civilian career. Looking forward to joining a great company and seeing where it leads for my career.
Congrats! Proof that quality time is always valuable.

Just curious, was your XC time the point to point type or 50nm?
Old 02-04-2020, 05:21 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
We’re running 1-2 classes every month except June July August and September last time I checked. We are currently in a big hiring push right now, HPN base is a guarantee. March classes and after will start straight into the Northeast, but if you want to spend your winters in SJU you can be down there October - Easter pretty easily. Company housing while you’re down there or a stipend if you want your own place. We’re hiring big time right now, goal is 36 new hires before the summer season really kicks up and we’re barely a third through that number, definitely submit an app if you are interested.

Good info to know! I’ve been waiting for some companies to call, with no luck yet. Happened to stumble upon this tradewind forum. Guess I will be putting my app in tonight. Really hoping to get SJU as a base though. Any confirmations with the latest contract requirements?
Old 02-06-2020, 10:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Learjet91 View Post
Good info to know! I’ve been waiting for some companies to call, with no luck yet. Happened to stumble upon this tradewind forum. Guess I will be putting my app in tonight. Really hoping to get SJU as a base though. Any confirmations with the latest contract requirements?
SJU as a base is tough, the demand fluctuates so much that there’s only maybe a dozen pilots who are actually based there. The remaining 40-50 pilots are Northeast based transplants. You’ll certainly have the chance to live down there for 6-7 months at a time if you want to, year round is tougher.

The current contract starts from date of hire and is valid until 1 year after becoming a PIC. $17,500, pro rated after 9 months as a PIC. If you are not offered the chance to upgrade within 6 months of 135.243 IFR mins you are released from the contract.
Old 02-09-2020, 03:55 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Position: PC-12 PIC

SJU as a base is tough, the demand fluctuates so much that there’s only maybe a dozen pilots who are actually based there. The remaining 40-50 pilots are Northeast based transplants. You’ll certainly have the chance to live down there for 6-7 months at a time if you want to, year round is tougher.

The current contract starts from date of hire and is valid until 1 year after becoming a PIC. $17,500, pro rated after 9 months as a PIC. If you are not offered the chance to upgrade within 6 months of 135.243 IFR mins you are released from the contract.
As he said. Most pilots are hired N/E Based either at HPN or OXC. SJU base is staffed up for summers. During winter, HPN and OXC pilots will have the opportunity of relocating for couple of months (COMPANY PAID) to fly in sunny San Juan and St Barths. Overall, great company if you come in with a growth mindset.
Old 02-10-2020, 03:22 PM
On Reserve

Thanks for the info! Good to know.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:57 AM
On Reserve

What are the schedules like? I saw the schedules are 4 days on / 3 days off. Are those consecutive days or are they random mixed days throughout the week?
Old 02-23-2020, 06:33 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: 767 FO

Hey guys and gals,

Just got my verbal from CP on friday for HPN base. Is there any current employees here I can PM a few questions to? I'll be relocating to the area. Thanks!!

Last edited by BrDrav; 02-23-2020 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:43 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Learjet91 View Post
What are the schedules like? I saw the schedules are 4 days on / 3 days off. Are those consecutive days or are they random mixed days throughout the week?
Depends on several factors like season, location (SJU/HPN) and seniority. The goal is 4 on 3 off. However, last summer in the Northeast many schedules went to 3 on / 1 off / 1 on / 2 off.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by BrDrav View Post
Hey guys and gals,

Just got my verbal from CP on friday for HPN base. Is there any current employees here I can PM a few questions to? I'll be relocating to the area. Thanks!!
I’d be happy to answer any questions you have either on the forum or over PM. I am a line captain and instructor at Tradewind.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:43 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2020
Position: 767 FO

I’d be happy to answer any questions you have either on the forum or over PM. I am a line captain and instructor at Tradewind.
PM sent. Thanks Max