Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Latest on Tradewind Aviation

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2021, 04:56 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Saw Tradewind is hiring and recently updated their payscales. Figured I may submit an app, does any have the good bad and ugly on these guys?
Old 07-02-2021, 03:04 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by Searching4work View Post
Saw Tradewind is hiring and recently updated their payscales. Figured I may submit an app, does any have the good bad and ugly on these guys?
Very interesting company especially SJU base that is run like military unit. Apply , and become one of the sons of San Juan and a member of TW squadron. Full sent
Old 07-30-2021, 09:54 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2019
Position: CFI/CFII/CSEL/CMEL

Bumping this up. Getting ready to submit an app and was wondering if anyone has some updated information? Hiring, QOL/schedule, pay, hours, contract, etc. Any info is good info. Think it would be a sweet spot to spend some time. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-30-2021, 04:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015

Originally Posted by Jersey13 View Post
Bumping this up. Getting ready to submit an app and was wondering if anyone has some updated information? Hiring, QOL/schedule, pay, hours, contract, etc. Any info is good info. Think it would be a sweet spot to spend some time. Thanks in advance.
We’re currently hiring for fall classes, running at least two with 8 pilots each. The schedule is still 4-3 but most pilots are working more than that, some schedules don’t have 13 days off per month so those have additional pay added to compensate. Pilots are working extremely hard, most are running 6+ legs and 14 hour days regularly. The pay scales on the APC page are accurate, our most junior Captain is a February 2021 hire. Most pilots are going to pull between 500 and 800 hours in a year. There is a training contract, begins at date if hire and continues until 1 year as a PIC.
Old 01-29-2022, 05:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Default Tradewind Aviation joins JetBlue Gateways

Tradewind Aviation announced yesterday that it is now a JetBlue Gateways Partner, allowing pilots who meet the requirements of the Gateway and successfully interview to go directly from Tradewind to JetBlue. Tradewind is also taking delivery of 20 PC-12NGXs over the next few years to replace older aircraft and expand the fleet. The payscales were recently updated with raises across the board, and Tradewind is implementing a Flight Duty Pay program for additional pay after 6 legs or 6 hours of flying in a duty day.
Old 01-30-2022, 05:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

What are the requirements to meet to transfer to JetBlue?

I tried seeing if they put out an article or post about it, but didn’t find anything.
Old 01-31-2022, 11:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by kaputt View Post
What are the requirements to meet to transfer to JetBlue?

I tried seeing if they put out an article or post about it, but didn’t find anything.
You have to interview and be accepted into Gateways off the street, Tradewind is one of a couple operators you could build time at. For current Tradewind employees you must have a CFI, 500 hours dual given, and be a graduate of an AABI accredited university to apply for Gateways.
Old 01-31-2022, 11:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2011

Originally Posted by MaxMar View Post
You have to interview and be accepted into Gateways off the street, Tradewind is one of a couple operators you could build time at. For current Tradewind employees you must have a CFI, 500 hours dual given, and be a graduate of an AABI accredited university to apply for Gateways.
Ah okay, makes sense. I’m not eligible for any of the pathways it seems, but appreciate the info.
Old 03-01-2022, 06:38 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2021

I heard from a friend that the Chief Pilot, DO, and flight training director all quit within a week of each other, and that the company told Captains and FOs they shouldn’t log all the time? Can anyone confirm what’s up over there?
Old 03-05-2022, 03:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: Director of Operations

I heard from a friend that the Chief Pilot, DO, and flight training director all quit within a week of each other, and that the company told Captains and FOs they shouldn’t log all the time? Can anyone confirm what’s up over there?
They all got great offers to move on to bigger and better positions. The new chief pilot is great. I’ve worked with her at another company and she’ll do a great job. As for logging, I think that is related to the lack of A062 at their company. Tradewinds is a great company, but I think they will start to suffer major attrition since their fleet is comprised mostly of PC12s.