Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Old 11-22-2018, 10:13 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by NojoyE135 View Post
Do not come to JetSuite inc or X. Management offered a slap in the face “new” pay package alienating most pilots currently on property. Captains flying 75 hours a month. Most first officers fly 20 hours monthly and sit on home standby or worse FBO standby for days at a time with seniority not recognized for anything except bidding. Monthly pilot calls that turn into a battle of upset pilots and upset off management that won’t do what’s right for the pilot group. Talks of possible unionization. I’d stay far away, lots of people here looking to jump ship. Recent pay raise still wasn’t enough to keep some captains.
Thank god ALL of the regionals and majors are hiring... People have plenty of options these days.
Old 11-22-2018, 02:45 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Thank god ALL of the regionals and majors are hiring... People have plenty of options these days.
Absolutely. No future here, at least until changes start happening
Old 11-22-2018, 06:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Position: Phenom Captain

Originally Posted by fugoid View Post
What about the new hire bonus? How is that paid out?
Is KCCR a base? I live near there and was thinking o could fly company metal is I was based elsewhere for the commute
E135
The following is the list of approved domiciles:
• KSJC
• KBUR
• KCCR
• KSNA

P300/100
• The airports included are:
• KATL
• KBNA
• KBOS
• KBWI
• KCLT
• KEWR
• KFLL
• KIAD
• KJFK/ KLGA
• KMCO
• KMIA
• KPBI
• KPHL
• KRSW
• KTEB
• KTPA
• KDFW
• KDEN
• KIAH
• KLAS
• KLAX/ KBUR
• KOAK
• KONT
• KPHX
• KSAN
• KSAT
• KSDL
• KSEA
• KSJC
• KSLC
• KSNA
• KVNY
Old 11-22-2018, 07:47 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by NojoyE135 View Post
Do not come to JetSuite inc or X. Management offered a slap in the face “new” pay package alienating most pilots currently on property. Captains flying 75 hours a month. Most first officers fly 20 hours monthly and sit on home standby or worse FBO standby for days at a time with seniority not recognized for anything except bidding. Monthly pilot calls that turn into a battle of upset pilots and upset off management that won’t do what’s right for the pilot group. Talks of possible unionization. I’d stay far away, lots of people here looking to jump ship. Recent pay raise still wasn’t enough to keep some captains.

Everybody welcome our resident thread troll! You being here legitimizes our thread and for that we are grateful! Since every thread on Airline Pilot Central has a person like you we would be incomplete without you. So thank you NOJOYE135!

Since I don’t like speaking without facts I will take every point in your comment, dissect it and point out the correctness or incorrectness of it. So everybody grab some popcorn sit back and enjoy the show...

Management offered a slap in the face “new” pay package alienating most pilots currently on property

A first year First officer on the new pay scale NOJOY speaks about based on an 8&6 schedule (which averages 17.6 days/month)makes the following...

$78,432 for X
(day rate+perdiem)X 17.6X12. +$10,000
$88,432 for Inc
(day rate+perdiem+charter premium)X17.6X12. +$10,000

Compared to $51,187 on the old pay scale. This is a $27-$37,000 increase for a first year first officers. Just for scope of the thread doing all the same math using 20 year captain pay scale at JETSUITE INC Comes out to be $242,112 per year our an 8&6 schedule. A slap in the face really???

The only slaps heard at JETSUITE are pilots high-fiving each other.

Captains flying 75 hours a month. Most first officers fly 20 hours monthly and sit on home standby or worse FBO standby for days at a time with seniority not recognized for anything except bidding.

Management went on a hiring spree of low time guys, this left us short staffed on captains and overstaffed on FO’s. The FO’s that were hired did not meet ATP standards for upgrade. This will only be resolved with upgrades. Which will essentially happen when you meet ATP minimums on jetsuite X.

With regards to seniority not being recognized for your daily schedule that is correct and OK as long are not a lazy. Everybody at Jetsuite is expected to pull the same daily weight AND WE DO WORK. At least now we have a pay scale that rewards it.

Monthly pilot calls that turn into a battle of upset pilots and upset off management

I agree with this...lately the pilot calls have been less than professional which in my personal opinion does not represent the great pilot group that we have here at Jetsuite.

For this, we are working on a way to organize our comments and concerns prior to the pilot call in an effort to efficiently use this valuable opportunity that management extends to the Pilot group.

management that won’t do what’s right for the pilot group.

This is wrong in so many levels... Below I will state all the ways within our pilot conditions that in my opinion management does what is right for the pilot group.

-401(k) company matching
-Crew meals
-100% company paid for quality uniform (except shoes and belt)
-Long day bonuses ( for working longer than a 12 hour duty day)
-Productivity bonus ( for working over 16 days per month)
-Cell phone reimbursement
-Keeping all travel/hotel/airline/FBo points,rewards and money
-Hilton or Marriott property hotels (unless unavailable)
-Company funded HSA health savings accounts
- PTO/Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- AND NOW THIS HUGE PAY STRUCTURE

There are a couple more that I may have forgotten but I think we all get the idea.

Talks of possible unionization.

We do have a union and always have at least since I’ve been on property for 4 years now. It is called JPAC, it is 100% free at no charge to any pilot

I’d stay far away, lots of people here looking to jump ship. Recent pay raise still wasn’t enough to keep some captains.

I think it will be quite the opposite with the new pilot conditions people will have a hard time staying away.

Pilots always jump ship expecting to find greener pastures. Many of the captains who have left have gone to airlines like Alaskan, Southwest and United which many of us will agree are great career paths. I will point out that 80% of the pilots who have left to the airlines have never worked in a prior 121 carrier (so they don’t really know what they are getting into. Junior manning, crash pads,reserve, commuting, etc ) For those of us who have been abused by 121,we can appreciate JetSuite for what it has to offer. With these new pilot conditions no other 135 operator even comes close except for NetJets.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:20 PM
Gets Weekends Off

REGIONALS?! I would rather be castrated than go back to a regional.
Old 11-23-2018, 05:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by IslandHop View Post
REGIONALS?! I would rather be castrated than go back to a regional.
You can thank the availability of good jobs at both the regionals and majors for your new contract. Without competition for pilots, your management would have little incentive to offer any improvement.
Old 11-23-2018, 06:08 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Didn’t want to get involved but Island Hop you are seeming a little too much like a fanboy. There is a lot of good about Jet Suite but a LOT needs to be fixed, especially on the X side.

Furthermore, we are NOT union. JPAC is an advisory committee to management. Do you even know how unions work? We don’t have one.

Jet Suite isn’t a terrible place to be by any means, but there is still a lot of work to be done in the QOL department. The pay is fine but it’s not groundbreaking. Certainly a step up but there is nobody but you singing their praises for the new pay. It brought us from well below industry standard to being on par with a low middle-tier regional. Woo.

Your lack of understanding of the industry throughout this thread continues to make me wonder if you are even a pilot here or just a management plant. By the way, NetJets isn’t 135, they’re 91K.

At this point I almost entirely doubt you are a pilot actively flying here and not someone who works in recruiting.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

You can thank the availability of good jobs at both the regionals and majors for your new contract. Without competition for pilots, your management would have little incentive to offer any improvement.
Could not agree more Dave! Happy tides have changed.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:02 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

What are the minimums for Jetsuite?
Old 11-23-2018, 11:07 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by iahflyr View Post
What are the minimums for Jetsuite?
1500tt for inc
x guys have been hired with as little as 300tt and a commercial.