Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 04:15 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by majorpilot View Post
Just show up at gate and (if seats avail) OAL JSers are accepted if in CASS. Best-kept JS secret IMHO—why deal with the terminal when you don’t have to?

Just have to get from ACI in SNA to your Delta gate...
YUP! That’s it!
Old 12-03-2019, 07:38 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: 320/A

Originally Posted by majorpilot View Post
Just show up at gate and (if seats avail) OAL JSers are accepted if in CASS. Best-kept JS secret IMHO—why deal with the terminal when you don’t have to?

Just have to get from ACI in SNA to your Delta gate...
Thanks for the responses everybody. And excuse my ignorance that I should be looking for Delux Public Charter in the ALPA Jumpseat Guide. Now that I have made the alter-ego name association, I'm on track!
Old 12-04-2019, 03:50 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

Originally Posted by Broing View Post
Anyone have training gouges for indoc for JSX and the Emb 135?
If you were hired by JSX then the Training Manager will send all that information to you prior to indoc training. Mostly just limitations, memory items and SOPs. All the aircraft systems, training manuals for the aircraft will come from CAE once you get there.
Old 12-04-2019, 05:53 PM
Chief A'Hole

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Barely Flying!

The training on the 135 is probably one of the easiest type ratings out there. CAE has a great staff in that program, especially Dan York. If you get him for your type ride it’s a lot of fun.

DH
Old 12-05-2019, 07:52 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Default Mixer

I have an interview next week. In the email about the Mixer event it says attire is casual, but polished. Are guys wearing their suits to this event or is it more of a nice polo and dress pants affair?
Old 12-05-2019, 08:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by Brohland1 View Post
I have an interview next week. In the email about the Mixer event it says attire is casual, but polished. Are guys wearing their suits to this event or is it more of a nice polo and dress pants affair?
Most guys just took off their jacket and tie. I think one person changed into a polo.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:24 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

It's pretty mellow. There was one person in our group that wore a polo and slacks. All the rest had a suit and tie, but I didn't get a vibe that that mattered.

At the second interview (technical portion), they fly you out to Dallas and it was the same with dress. Two of us wore a polo and slacks.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:54 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Originally Posted by Brohland1 View Post
Suit and tie for the interview, business casual for the mixer. This is still a professional interview and should be treated as such.
Old 12-11-2019, 07:20 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019
Default Interview!

Hey all! Long time lurker, first time poster. Wanted to thank the OP for starting this thread a while back as it piqued my interest a year ago to start communicating and bumping into JSX staff at all the career fair/conferences this year.

Just got back from the JSX interview and I can happily confirm all of the previous posts on the low-stress, social nature of the entire event.

Four Parts:HR, Chief Pilot, Technical (done concurrently with other candidates, so the order can be random) & Mixer

[HR] is a two person panel, TMAAT-style conversation; one is an active pilot and the other is the recruiter. [Chief Pilot] is a quick chat about your resume, background, and general personality check. [Technical] is paired with another candidate and your flight team is given a complete scenario from ground taxi + weather all the way to destination and back. Gotcha questions along the route - with some tangents to discuss thought process. [Mixer] is the unofficial interview, but as previously mentioned it comes highly recommended as a chance to brush elbows with current line pilots and staff. Business casual and make an effort to be social and human! If you can pass a Turing test and enjoy a drink/chat then you'll do great.

General Vibe Check: Great company, everything as advertised in terms of feel, benefits, and growth. "Too good to be true" seems to hold altitude here, and for my personal interest I was also able to meet those fabled 500-hr hire pilots who are now pinning on captain. There's a very human feeling and a dynamic energy for a company that's truly growing into its own that's pervasive throughout the entire event.

Final Thoughts: I feel great about the whole operation. 2019 seems to have exceeded expectations in every metric for the company and for 2020, JSX seems well positioned to take-off (all puns intended). Some basic QoL changes are on the horizon, such as per diem restructuring, introduction of line bidding, and possible(/) base assignments as the needs of each route change. As a first jet job, I can't wait to hopefully be a part of it and everyone in the company (first time jet pilots included) seem confident in the direction and vision of leadership.

Hope this helps! Joyful, Simple, eXperience ~
Old 12-11-2019, 12:24 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Any word on training dates for the Inc side? Readily available or spring time? How far out can they give you a class date provided the interview goes well? I’m hoping for an April or May class