Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 03:29 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

It was an entirely JSX-focused hiring event, so no one asked about Inc. Suggested open class dates were February / March.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:23 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by lifetakesflight View Post
Some basic QoL changes are on the horizon, such as per diem restructuring
Whats going on with the per diem?
Old 12-11-2019, 05:13 PM
Line Holder

LOL -- they mentioned something about the current per diem structure when being paid for airport standby needed to be prorated , but if you work there I'd refer you to the company haha. The topic only came up after someone asked about per diem during the company overview brief. Keep in mind this is only secondhand rumor, I'm but a lowly applicant atm!
Old 12-11-2019, 07:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Position: King Air 200 PIC

How does the bonus work? Do you have to pay any of it back if you leave in the first 2 years?
Old 12-11-2019, 08:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2013

They indicated March would be the next class dates. Things are amping up for interviews and hiring in 2020.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:00 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by JustJon View Post
How does the bonus work? Do you have to pay any of it back if you leave in the first 2 years?
The bonus was indicated to be broken into 4 payments:

- $5k on day 1
- $5k after 90 days
- $10k after 1 year
- $10k after 2 years

Each payment incurs a one-year contractual commitment, tied to reimbursement.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:27 PM
New Hire

Default Ready to apply?

Originally Posted by Brohland1 View Post
They indicated March would be the next class dates. Things are amping up for interviews and hiring in 2020.
Thanks to all for the input in this thread, it has been incredibly helpful. I've had my eye on JSX for months now and am busting my butt to get to their updated hiring minimums (1200TT).

I'm currently 1100TT, 350 ME. Should be above 1200 in a month. If I apply in January/February would it be realistic to expect a march class date or is that too short notice?

Dumb question as I'm merely a CFI with no 135/121 experience. Can I use any sim time to meet 1200 TT? I'd assume not.

Thanks in advance
Old 12-17-2019, 11:02 AM
On Reserve

Position: Instructor Pilot
Default JetSuite

Appreciation all the information provided; couple quick questions.

1) I applied and immediately received an HR 15 min interview opportunity but I specifically want the JetSuite DEN Domicile and I am unsure if the interview is for JSX or JetSuite. How do I tell? How do I professionally inform HR my desires without burning any bridges (as I very well may take a different position if I cannot find a job elsewhere/if the seat-lock is quicker than anticipated).

2) I did not see any prior military in the comments/posts applying
or already working there. What is their take on military hours/reserve jobs? My reserve position is extremely easy to schedule but I am concerned with the 8/6 7/7 stuff-I can basically send my schedule out a year prior to the schedulers to work in or is this not a possibility with JetSuite as they are working with a smaller pool of pilots?
Old 12-17-2019, 06:27 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Phenom Captain

Originally Posted by JeraJakerz View Post
Appreciation all the information provided; couple quick questions.

1) I applied and immediately received an HR 15 min interview opportunity but I specifically want the JetSuite DEN Domicile and I am unsure if the interview is for JSX or JetSuite. How do I tell? How do I professionally inform HR my desires without burning any bridges (as I very well may take a different position if I cannot find a job elsewhere/if the seat-lock is quicker than anticipated).

2) I did not see any prior military in the comments/posts applying
or already working there. What is their take on military hours/reserve jobs? My reserve position is extremely easy to schedule but I am concerned with the 8/6 7/7 stuff-I can basically send my schedule out a year prior to the schedulers to work in or is this not a possibility with JetSuite as they are working with a smaller pool of pilots?

If you have been offered the interview informing/ensuring you are interviewing for the correct operation will certainly not burn any bridges. It may simply change your interview date since to my understanding interviews are done separately for inc and X. Just be clear and specific of your situation.

We currently have crew members that fly for inc which also fly reserve in the military. I have never heard of a conflict between schedules leading to an issue (100% of our current management with operational influence over the pilots has military background so i am sure they would understand)
Old 12-17-2019, 08:09 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by lowandslow33 View Post

I'm currently 1100TT, 350 ME. Should be above 1200 in a month. If I apply in January/February would it be realistic to expect a march class date or is that too short notice?

Dumb question as I'm merely a CFI with no 135/121 experience. Can I use any sim time to meet 1200 TT? I'd assume not.

Thanks in advance
I reached out every month from 400TT to 1000TT with updates before I was asked to re-apply in November. I was given an interview date of December, then early class date of February, though it was made clear March (three months away) was expected for my hiring class.

Given a basic assumption of hiring enough at each event to fill out a class, if you applied in January you'd hopefully grab a February interview, then hopefully be assigned a May class. Tons of extenuating factors not withstanding, of course.

For your second question, no. Sim time is only usable to substitute for certain certifications/checkrides. When a company asks for your TT, they're looking for your actual flight time. Makes sense to me since they'd be interested in your actual butt-in-seat experience. [but if someone has any other anecdotal evidence, I'd love to know!]

Last edited by lifetakesflight; 12-17-2019 at 08:23 PM.