Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Old 12-03-2018, 08:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Definitely no home basing for JSX, all new hires get BUR base. JSinc is home based. I do know of a couple of pilots and FAs that do commute on the X side but they all have crashpads.

There's no risk of two maximum duty days in a row at the moment. FOs generally fly 2-4 legs a day with a couple of days per rotation on either home or airport standby (paid at full day rate). Captains fly on average 4-5 legs a day, occasionally 6, but they've gotten better at keeping it "no more than 4". I don't know if the long days will come back for CAs if more airplanes start showing up without new people upgrading though. Hopefully it won't get back to that point, but for now it's pretty good. All of our scheduled flights run between 07:00 and 21:30 so no weird hours. Occasionally you might get a charter at odd hours of the night but it's definitely the exception.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:00 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by HeavyIronDad View Post
Many thanks to everyone for providing first-person information vs. the rumors, half-truths and just plain nonsense common to other threads.

Three questions, please:
1. What is the difference between gateway cities and home basing? A recruiter recently assured me JSX has home basing, but I am skeptical, based on what I read here.
2. IslandHop estimates only 2-3 overnights per 8 days; it sounds like a commuter would be on the hook for his own hotel 4 - 5 nights each week. Are there any patterns that tend to include more overnight hotels? Or is it a total crapshoot?
3. QOL: I am not afraid of working hard, but I might balk at more than 1 (or 2?) 14-hour days in one 8 day rotation. Is that common? Or are long days usually followed by long breaks? That would help a lot.

thanks in advance!
1. Gateway is the same as home basing provided your home is in one of those gateways - they airline to and from your gateway at the beginning.

We definitely do not have gateway/home basing on the X side at this time. Maybe we will get it (management please), but for now everyone is going to BUR.
X side is not exactly commuter friendly. That is, in my opinion, one of the most significant drawbacks if you are not local to SoCal. Being required to relocate to one of the highest cost of living areas in the country.

2. That sounds about right. I would guess 8/6 averages a few more overnights than 7/7. If you're back in base (BUR), you are on your own for where to stay. Anywhere out of base and a hotel is provided. Some people do kinda commute (nothing like commuting in 121) and have crashpads in BUR.

3. 6 leg days used to be common, then scaled back. Now with added OAK, SNA and MMH flying, everyone is concerned they may be coming back. So the answer is, it depends. On average, 3-4 legs a day, 7-8 hours of duty. It's only rough when we start doing 6 legs a day with 20 minute turns. Again, haven't seen anything like that since summer but with the added flying, who knows.

Last edited by skruts; 12-03-2018 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Phenom Captain

Originally Posted by HeavyIronDad View Post
Many thanks to everyone for providing first-person information vs. the rumors, half-truths and just plain nonsense common to other threads.

Three questions, please:
1. What is the difference between gateway cities and home basing? A recruiter recently assured me JSX has home basing, but I am skeptical, based on what I read here.
2. IslandHop estimates only 2-3 overnights per 8 days; it sounds like a commuter would be on the hook for his own hotel 4 - 5 nights each week. Are there any patterns that tend to include more overnight hotels? Or is it a total crapshoot?
3. QOL: I am not afraid of working hard, but I might balk at more than 1 (or 2?) 14-hour days in one 8 day rotation. Is that common? Or are long days usually followed by long breaks? That would help a lot.

thanks in advance!

If these questions were for the X side it seems like the X guys got you covered...

As for inc...

1-P300/100 bases
• The airports included are:
• KATL
• KBNA
• KBOS
• KBWI
• KCLT
• KEWR
• KFLL
• KIAD
• KJFK/ KLGA
• KMCO
• KMIA
• KPBI
• KPHL
• KRSW
• KTEB
• KTPA
• KDFW
• KDEN
• KIAH
• KLAS
• KLAX/ KBUR
• KOAK
• KONT
• KPHX
• KSAN
• KSAT
• KSDL
• KSEA
• KSJC
• KSLC
• KSNA
• KVNY

You are positive spaced to and from the aircraft to your home plus you keep all the airline miles (I haven’t paid for an airline ticket for personal since hired here with all the miles I get per year)

2- you might have gotten me confused with someone else, I don’t remember ever sayin that.

Since inc basically operates to any airport in the US, CAN, MEX and the Caribbean overnights at home are random. If you live in a place like or near SOCAL,NORCAL, LAS, PHX, TEB your chances for an overnight in base increase exponentially.

3-on average I would say you work 2-3 12 hr days per month. That being said I have had months with 7 12 hr days and some with none for example in November which is a busy month, I had 3. Keep in mind the company recognizes the additional strain of a 12 hr day therefore they pay an additional 100$ long day bonus for each. And operations asks how you are feeling about a 12 hr day prior to assigning it. At any time we’re the mission cannot be completed safely by either crew member a non punitive fatigue management program is honored by the company.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:34 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Thanks to both of you for sharing what you know. I will try to return the favor when I see a question I know something about.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:29 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: Lawn Dart Captain

Originally Posted by IslandHop View Post
If these questions were for the X side it seems like the X guys got you covered...

As for inc...

1-P300/100 bases
• The airports included are:
• KATL
• KBNA
• KBOS
• KBWI
• KCLT
• KEWR
• KFLL
• KIAD
• KJFK/ KLGA
• KMCO
• KMIA
• KPBI
• KPHL
• KRSW
• KTEB
• KTPA
• KDFW
• KDEN
• KIAH
• KLAS
• KLAX/ KBUR
• KOAK
• KONT
• KPHX
• KSAN
• KSAT
• KSDL
• KSEA
• KSJC
• KSLC
• KSNA
• KVNY

You are positive spaced to and from the aircraft to your home plus you keep all the airline miles (I haven’t paid for an airline ticket for personal since hired here with all the miles I get per year)

2- you might have gotten me confused with someone else, I don’t remember ever sayin that.

Since inc basically operates to any airport in the US, CAN, MEX and the Caribbean overnights at home are random. If you live in a place like or near SOCAL,NORCAL, LAS, PHX, TEB your chances for an overnight in base increase exponentially.

3-on average I would say you work 2-3 12 hr days per month. That being said I have had months with 7 12 hr days and some with none for example in November which is a busy month, I had 3. Keep in mind the company recognizes the additional strain of a 12 hr day therefore they pay an additional 100$ long day bonus for each. And operations asks how you are feeling about a 12 hr day prior to assigning it. At any time we’re the mission cannot be completed safely by either crew member a non punitive fatigue management program is honored by the company.
So on the Inc side, you can choose any of these bases?

Does JetSuites have KCM?
Old 12-06-2018, 06:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Phenom Captain

Originally Posted by flyjustinfly View Post
So on the Inc side, you can choose any of these bases?

Does JetSuites have KCM?
Yes and yes
Old 12-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014
Position: Lawn Dart Captain

Originally Posted by IslandHop View Post
Yes and yes
Thanks, sent you an IM
Old 12-08-2018, 08:22 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Is there any potential transition between X and Inc, or are they two separate entities?

Also, how long is training and what is/isn't provided during training? (hotel, training pay, etc.)
Old 12-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by Benstein View Post
Is there any potential transition between X and Inc, or are they two separate entities?

Also, how long is training and what is/isn't provided during training? (hotel, training pay, etc.)
Yes, but I believe there is a one year seat lock. Only a few people have transitioned between sides though it is possible for now.

Indoc through completion of sim for X took about a month. Then about 3-4 weeks of a wait for IOE, and 1-2 weeks of IOE depending on how often they schedule you.

Hotel with breakfast and rental car for group to share is provided. Training pay of $150/day + $51/day per diem. You won't see most of that money though until, usually, the month after training due to how the pay is worked out.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Chief A'Hole

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: Barely Flying!

Originally Posted by Benstein View Post

This is what I did when I was there. Spent a year on the 100 then was able to hold captain on the X side and moved over. If you want to be home every night, the X side is for you. If you want to live wherever you want the inc. side is the right choice. Both have awesome crews to fly with and have their own pros and cons.

DH