Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 07:52 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2018

Originally Posted by skruts View Post
What's the deal for you all now? Were you all just given the same no-fly lines as everyone else and basically on indefinite hold or are you still going to do IOE on schedule?
My group was told that we are on the no-fly lines list right now, with no set date for IOE. The chief said he would reach out once they have a day set for Hanger Day, and then we'll have our IOE set at a later date. My guess is neither of those are going to happen in the near future, but I appreciate and respect the open communication this company has had from the very beginning.

Its been an awesome experience, and something that is unfortunately lacking in this industry.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:02 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2019

Same for us, indefinite hold on IOE and no-fly lines. It's a waiting game now. In other news, for some light (sad) corona reading, check out the skift.com article from the CEO. It's good to know that we're still making media cycles though; it's important to stay relevant even during this downturn.

https://skift.com/2020/03/25/jetsuit...s-disappeared/
Old 03-25-2020, 01:13 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Do the no fly lines still get paid a minimum guarantee?
Old 03-25-2020, 01:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by FlyBoy443 View Post
Do the no fly lines still get paid a minimum guarantee?
Yes, you get paid 8 days. Normal min guarantee is 14. The other option was UTO for 60 or 90 days which is unpaid but you still keep benefits
Old 03-28-2020, 06:22 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2016

First time posting on a forum. Lemme know if I did it wrong, please.

NorCal Active Duty AF guy separating the in fall. I think. 2700 TT, 1000 PIC/700 IP - all AMEL

I have a phone interview next Friday. Surprising given the current state of affairs, right? I am hoping to fly out of OAK (or Buchanan if that’s still a thing?) Focusing on QoL for my transition.

Can someone please do me a solid and explain the difference again between Inc and X. I’ve read through the entire forum and still need help on that.
Old 03-28-2020, 06:58 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Originally Posted by HockeyC130 View Post

NorCal Active Duty AF guy separating the in fall. I think. 2700 TT, 1000 PIC/700 IP - all AMEL

I have a phone interview next Friday. Surprising given the current state of affairs, right? I am hoping to fly out of OAK (or Buchanan if that’s still a thing?) Focusing on QoL for my transition.

Can someone please do me a solid and explain the difference again between Inc and X. I’ve read through the entire forum and still need help on that.
Inc. flies Phenoms. I think it’s 8 on, 6 off. Airline you to the plane on day 1, and home on day 8. Smaller operation than JSX.

JSX flies scheduled, airline style “public charter” under Part 380. 30 passenger Embraer 135s and 145s. Airline style bidding and schedules, with the goal of getting you home nearly every day of your rotation. At least that was the op before coronavirus. State of flux right now with a bare bones schedule until things improve. Terrible time to be getting into the industry right now but if you insist, this is a place that honestly tries to treat people right. Attrition was low pre-corona... you had some younger types leaving for the majors, but that’s about it. Nobody really left for anything else.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:09 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2016

Very thorough response, thanks.

I’ve got a lot to consider, but have until the fall until I make it official.

Appreciate the convos in the forum, this seems like a great place to be when people aren’t precluded from socializing within 6’
Old 03-28-2020, 02:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2020

Not a bad time to maintain involvement in the ANG or Reserves. Definitely helps the transition to being new in the Civilian world. Plus Tricare Reserve Medical is very good.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:44 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

I just had my phone interview. They do not yet know when the face to face interview will be but the person that I spoke with for my phone screen was a real nice gentleman that had a lot of good info about the company. They do not know when the hiring freeze will end but I know the company is in great hands.

Also, congrats on the separation, I hope your career transition goes smoothly, and I hope all of this corona stuff won't impact anything for you. It sucks that there is no hockey to watch haha.

Go Avs
Old 03-29-2020, 03:45 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Oct 2019

Interesting that they’re still doing phone interviews. I guess it’s a given that airlines will come back much smaller than they were, with a lot less of the public flying a lot less frequently. I’m somewhat optimistic that JSX could find its own decent slice of that pie, even if the pie overall is smaller.