Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Old 04-06-2019, 06:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by newpilotusa View Post
Hi,

I don't know if you could help with these questions but just wondering, I currently have over 2,000 TT with a lot of multi turbine and multi turbine PIC. I have no ATP written and I'm really interested in JSX and not the regionals. It says that an ATP written is required at the bare min but I have heard of people getting hired without the written. Is that still a possibility?

Is Phoenix Mesa Gateway a base for JSX? I saw a job opening on their website that specifically stated for JSX.

How senior is the LAS base?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions.
Depending on your experience no written may be ok. I wouldn’t let it stop you from applying.

IWA is not, PHX/SDL is to become a gateway for JSX in summer.

LAS is decently junior.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by IslandHop View Post
It varies a lot really... we just had a bid for dec 4- Jan 28. the 4 most junior FOs on the inc side; 2 of them got an 8&6 staring Tuesday-Tuesday, one got a 7&7 Wednesday-Tuesday and one got a 5 on 3 off, 5 on 5 off line. So it’s pretty random... Captains tend to bid 4n3 go senior then 7&7 and 8 n 6 go junior. Generally all the 8n6 run Tuesday-tuesday, the 7&7 generally run Wednesday-Tuesday and the random lines are random some have all weekends off, some work every weekend in the bid period. Predominantly you will have 4 weekends off in a 56 day bid period regardless what line you get.... I hope my explanation isn’t too confusing
Any chance someone can explain why there is a position for ERJ-135 f/o listed for palm beach,florida on the X suite website? Just curious.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:19 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: Line holder

Originally Posted by New Guy 007 View Post
Any chance someone can explain why there is a position for ERJ-135 f/o listed for palm beach,florida on the X suite website? Just curious.

The one that says “JetSuite Inc.” (the charter side) and references “Phenom 100 and Phenom 300”?

All the ERJ/X FO positions I saw were listed bases above.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:02 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Any chance they are hiring FO's? I have applied and got an interview with them 6 months back, never heard a response back from them nor did any of the people in the interview class.

I re-applied a couple months back but no response - curious if it's worth it anymore?

From the interview, I really enjoyed the company. I had even followed up with a thank you email after the interview, and not even a response from that. I initially interviewed at 275tt. I now have 800tt. I am not looking to go to the airlines. 135/91 is my career goal.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by sadietp View Post
Any chance they are hiring FO's? I have applied and got an interview with them 6 months back, never heard a response back from them nor did any of the people in the interview class.

I re-applied a couple months back but no response - curious if it's worth it anymore?

From the interview, I really enjoyed the company. I had even followed up with a thank you email after the interview, and not even a response from that. I initially interviewed at 275tt. I now have 800tt. I am not looking to go to the airlines. 135/91 is my career goal.
In the past they have had a very, very bad track record of not getting back to people after interviews. One person I know of heard nothing for four or five months and got a call with an offer out of the blue.

With that in mind, your times are definitely low right now. Low time hiring is, for the most part, gone completely. Captain qualified, or close to it, seems to be the latest trend.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Phenom Captain

No idea. Probably a typo... Anything east coast would be for inc
Old 04-08-2019, 03:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by IslandHop View Post
No idea. Probably a typo... Anything east coast would be for inc
Howdy IslandHop, yea I thought so, just hoping with what I read here the increase in airplanes, more cities, more flying, that there might be so expansion on the east coast. Appreciate you taking the time to reply. Do you know if they are having issues hiring for the SuiteX side for the ERJ. This sounds like it would be a pretty fun job! All though, looked on UTube for the X side, none of the flights that were on the videos never had more then 8 or 9 pax on board, hard to stay in business with loads like that!
Old 04-08-2019, 10:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018

In my experience loads have been averaging somewhere around 75-80% recently so definitely pretty healthy. New destinations are expected to be announced this year, but they will be west coast cities. The east coast may come eventually, and it has been brought up, but I wouldn't be holding my breath.
Old 04-09-2019, 10:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Position: Phenom Captain

Howdy IslandHop, yea I thought so, just hoping with what I read here the increase in airplanes, more cities, more flying, that there might be so expansion on the east coast. Appreciate you taking the time to reply. Do you know if they are having issues hiring for the SuiteX side for the ERJ. This sounds like it would be a pretty fun job! All though, looked on UTube for the X side, none of the flights that were on the videos never had more then 8 or 9 pax on board, hard to stay in business with loads like that!
They are hiring hard core. Mainly looking for guys closer to the 1500 hr Mark now. Keep in mind those videos are probably older back when they were first starting... Inc uses X frequently to get us to and from the aircraft and the last couple of times I have been on X I have had to take a jumpseat cause they were full (keep in mind I live in Vegas which is their most popular destination). Eventually the plan is to spread to the east cost but as for now I would say it is still a ways out.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

Originally Posted by sadietp View Post

I have flown on a few JetSuiteX flights lately and they have all been 90% full. Spoke with the Captain and they are only hiring pilots who can be PIC within 6 weeks of start date. You do regular training, complete your IOE from the right seat. Your next rotation you are in the left seat doing your Captain upgrade. If they feel like you do not have the experience to complete this process then will not get called for a in person interview. They are understaffed on the PIC side. This came from a training/IOE Captain so I believe it is very accurate.