Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 12:28 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Now that we have back and forth beef in this thread does that legitimize this whole operation?
Old 09-15-2019, 02:56 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Position: King Air 200 PIC

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger View Post
What were your quals when you got hired? Retired 121? Current RJ CA? I ask because I'm looking for a quick upgrade too if I come over

Benefits do look pretty good.. Pretty generous HSA company contribution w/ high deductable plan.
I saw that vision, dental, and life is paid 100%, where did you get healthcare benefits info? I’m looking at applying also. Thanks
Old 09-15-2019, 03:11 PM
Line Holder

Default Sick days and commuter question

Couple questions here:
Are there paid sick days at JSX or are they lumped in with the 12 paid vacation days. If you do get sick and have to call in at the beginning of a 7 or 8 day rotation how is that dealt with? Do you have to burn 7 or 8 days of PTO or sick days or is it handled some other way?

Does anyone at JSX commute? What are the details on flight benefits? CASS, non-rev for family, ZED fares, etc. I may have asked this once before but are there any parking arrangements for commuters or are you stuck paying the daily economy rate at your home airport? Much thanks for any info
Old 09-15-2019, 06:42 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2017

Originally Posted by JustJon View Post
Couple questions here:
Are there paid sick days at JSX or are they lumped in with the 12 paid vacation days. If you do get sick and have to call in at the beginning of a 7 or 8 day rotation how is that dealt with? Do you have to burn 7 or 8 days of PTO or sick days or is it handled some other way?

Does anyone at JSX commute? What are the details on flight benefits? CASS, non-rev for family, ZED fares, etc. I may have asked this once before but are there any parking arrangements for commuters or are you stuck paying the daily economy rate at your home airport? Much thanks for any info
I can’t speak with certainty to the sick days question so I’ll leave it to someone else but it has been told to me that there is no sick bank and PTO is used until you run out and then it goes to UTO. Not positive on this though.

There is zero protections or accommodations for commuters. The expectation officially is still that you “live in base.” What you do on your off days though (commute) is your own business. CASS with growing agreement list. No majors right now but F9, NK, And JB.

Zed on SWA, JB, and now NK after a certain amount of time.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Line Holder

Originally Posted by skruts View Post
I can’t speak with certainty to the sick days question so I’ll leave it to someone else but it has been told to me that there is no sick bank and PTO is used until you run out and then it goes to UTO. Not positive on this though.

There is zero protections or accommodations for commuters. The expectation officially is still that you “live in base.” What you do on your off days though (commute) is your own business. CASS with growing agreement list. No majors right now but F9, NK, And JB.

Zed on SWA, JB, and now NK after a certain amount of time.
Thank you!
Old 09-16-2019, 12:32 PM
Line Holder

We do get separate sick days that do not count against PTO. While
On rotation, you may find yourself on hotel standby if you call in sick. If you are already “in base,” then you just spend the day home and pick back
Up the next day.

Also, we just added FedEx to our JS agreement.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:46 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Quick summary of JSX from someone who just joined recently:

This is an operation that’s slowly but surely becoming a 121/135 hybrid and I mean that in the best possible way. You get the best of both worlds. Yes, we do the flight planning and w&b (all on the iPad through Arinc Direct) but we have an entire staff of in house ground crews, gate agents and mechanics at each station. For those of you asking if it’s possible to get a part time job here, you must not be taking the company seriously.

I just wanted to outline a few things that have not been mentioned too much and that separates JSX from the regionals and low cost carriers:

1. Crew meals. If you fly 3 legs or more in a day you can spend $50 on the company provided AMEX (everyone gets a personal expense account) which basically means you rarely ever pay for food while on duty. Company also pays for all your Ubers to and from the hotels (no need to wait for hotel vans).

2. Bases. You can pick the base of your choice (OAK, LAS, PHX, BUR) and get it right out of training. The only base that is not listed and that will require some seniority to bid is SNA. It is rumored that San Diego and Portland will be the next 2 destinations added to the west coast (not sure if they will become bases).

3. The Operation. You show up and the plane is a 60 second walk from where you enter. The removal of the busy commercial airport operations and the precious time you save dealing with that over the course of a year (parking, kcm checkpoints, walking from one end to the other, waiting in line etc...) is quite the gem. You still do get KCM and CASS privileges.

4. Bidding. We are migrating to NavBlue where we’ll do true line bidding in a few months. For now, the company does its best at accommodating your preferences (sleep in base, early/late starts, weekends etc) and from what I’ve seen, they work hard to accommodate you.

5. Benefits. The major ZED agreements right now are FedEx, Spirit, Frontier. Bennies with Southwest and JetBlue. Rumor is that Delta will be added by end of year to Zed.

6. Money. This is a company that is backed by JetBlue and Qatar. This is such an important point. This allows JSX to truly focus on growth through strong financial backing and partnerships. They are spending a ton on growth and most importantly the customer experience which is literally the one and only thing that sets us apart from ANYONE and it will be the one and only thing that will bring explosive growth. The focus on the customer, which is the exact opposite of what majors and regionals do.

7. Chief Pilot. This is a big one. The guy who’s in charge of us is someone who has battled and seen everything that’s wrong with regionals and LCC’s as it relates to pilot culture and QOL and has set quite the tone in regards to how much he cares that you come to work happy and content. The pilot group at JSX is one of the best I’ve seen and everyone truly wants to be here as opposed to walking around with the typical mentality of “get in, get out asap” and believe me, if that’s your plan, they’re good at weeding you out during the recruiting process.

8. Upgrade. If you have the time and experience you’ll spend no more than 30 days on the right seat. There is no lag here or wait, they understand the growth that’s coming in 2020 and want to upgrade as many people as possible as long as they show they can handle the airplane and get accustomed to the operation. This is a proactive operation that’s run as such, not a reactive one.

9. Pay. $130k-$150k a year is doable 1st year on left seat if you pick up some extra days. Lots of incentives and extra pay opportunities here.

10. Management. It’s a well managed place with smart people who are forward thinkers. This place feels like a silicon valley tech company and they always welcome your feedback and treat you with respect.

11. Uniforms. Leave your hat, blazer and epaulets at home and let em collect dust. Our uniform consists of black Nike pants and a black mesh polo and is very comfortable. They also allow beards/facial hair if you’re into that European pilot look lol.

I hope this provided some insight. Glad to see more Compass people joining the group.....
Old 09-17-2019, 10:16 AM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Excellent write up. Really appreciate it. A few of us have interviews so we'll see. I'm not gonna hide the fact that my long term goal is a major, but if I came I wouldn't be in a rush to leave, if that makes sense.
Old 09-17-2019, 11:08 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by Da40Pilot View Post

5. Benefits. The major ZED agreements right now are FedEx, Spirit, Frontier. Bennies with Southwest and JetBlue. Rumor is that Delta will be added by end of year to Zed.
So does family (Spouse, kids) benefit from the ZED agreements as well? Or are there any travel benefits for them? Sorry, I am pretty unfamiliar with how that works.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2019, 11:11 AM

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee

Originally Posted by mcnitchell View Post
So does family (Spouse, kids) benefit from the ZED agreements as well? Or are there any travel benefits for them? Sorry, I am pretty unfamiliar with how that works.

Thanks!
I'm interested in this as well