Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Old 09-20-2019, 10:18 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Originally Posted by Derp View Post
Can anyone share some light on what kind of medical plans they have in Jsx. Interested in employee+spouse rundown. I understand that it's a high deductible plan with company sponsored HSA. But how much of a deductible are we talking about. Also, is the medical paid by JSX or does it bite into your paycheck?
It’s like $250 per month for you and your wife. Deductible is $3k with full coverage but company gives you $2100 in an FSA account so it ends up being a $900 deductible.

This is for the health insurance only. Dental, Vision and Life Insurance is provided to each pilot free of any premium. And we use United Healthcare (UHC).
Old 09-20-2019, 10:35 PM
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Da40Pilot View Post
Your salary is taxed but not the full amount that a resident would. So if California does 10% state income tax and you make $100,000 a year, those $100,000 only get taxed 5% due to the 51% rule and the rest will be taxes by your state (so if your state has no income tax) your rate is just 5%. Still better than the full 10%. But yes, as our flying starts expanding outside of CA this will go away (if it hasn’t already)
From the American Bar Association:

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/b...16/12/08_wood/

You might think first and foremost about the Internal Revenue Service when you think about taxes. If you live or do business in California, however, state taxes are a big piece of what you pay, and surprisingly, you might have California tax exposure even if you never set foot in the Golden State.

In fact, as many individuals and companies across the country and the world are aware, California aggressively draws people into its tax net. California has high individual (13.3 percent) and business (8.84 percent) tax rates. When you add the state’s notoriously aggressive enforcement and collection activities, California does well with both residents and nonresidents on any California-source income.

California can tax you on all of your California-source income even if you are not a resident of the state. If California finds that you are a resident, it can tax you on all of your income regardless of source. A nonresident’s income from California sources includes income from a business, trade, or profession carried on in California. If a nonresident’s business, trade, or profession is carried on both within and outside California, the income must be allocated across multiple states. Not surprisingly, California often finds a way to steer more dollars toward the state. For that reason, some multistate businesses try to compartmentalize their California and non-California operations.
This is another item worth perusing:

https://www.caltax.com/wp-content/up...entsONLINE.pdf

Truly, Franchise Tax has all the enthusiasm and no more finesse than a school of piranha in a feeding frenzy.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:29 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2013

Excargodog, First year pay here for Captains is over $100k and that’s a conservative number. You can’t escape taxation and California is never going to go away. I’ve dealt with the FTB letters being a non-california resident and I’ve never had to pay the full tax.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:22 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

How many days do you work per month?

I live in LAS and would be trying to work as a pilot around my fire dept schedule (about 9-10 days a month that I can usually move around)
Old 09-22-2019, 10:37 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2018
Position: E175

Originally Posted by VegasChris View Post
How many days do you work per month?

I live in LAS and would be trying to work as a pilot around my fire dept schedule (about 9-10 days a month that I can usually move around)
This is a full time job . However the schedules are 8 on 7 off , 7/7,4/3 such .
If you can fit in both jobs ,thats great . Bids are valid for 2 months . So you would know how your flying is going to be for 60 days in advandce .
Old 09-22-2019, 11:39 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2019

Originally Posted by gurugee View Post
If you can fit in both jobs ,thats great . Bids are valid for 2 months . So you would know how your flying is going to be for 60 days in advandce .
How often does it so happen that you can pick additional flights in those off days?
Old 09-22-2019, 01:41 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2017

Originally Posted by gurugee View Post

That actually works out very well for me knowing 60 days in advance- plenty of time to trade around my fire dept schedule.

Hopefully lots of local trips out of LAS and ending in LAS
Old 09-26-2019, 06:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: in a Big Box that moves back,forth, up, down and makes cool sounds

Thread Bump.

Guys,
It’s been one week since I applied.
Absolute crickets so far.

Another poster a few pages back said he had correspondence within two hours of applying.

Am I SOL??

Thoughts, Opinions??

Thank You in advance.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:04 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by klondike View Post
Thread Bump.

Guys,

Another poster a few pages back said he had correspondence within two hours of applying.

Am I SOL??

Thoughts, Opinions??

Thank You in advance.
What are your times?
Old 09-26-2019, 08:23 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: 135 FNG

Originally Posted by klondike View Post
Thread Bump.

Guys,

Am I SOL??

Thoughts, Opinions??

Thank You in advance.
Having gotten the call (email, actually) and talked to a few others that have, it seems there is some variation in response times. I suspect they process applications in batches. I also know a guy with very high times and qualifications that got a TBNT. A response is coming.