Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2021, 08:24 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Everyone that’s on UTO that’s wanted to come back has been back now. They’re going to be hiring soon. If things keep working out with the pandemic, there’s about to be massive growth next 12 months. Still doing day trips, I think that’s what most prefer. They’ll work with some of the commuters to group working days together but the schedules can be random. You’re guaranteed 14 days of work at minimum per month. As things stabilize more and more with new flying and more pilots, schedules will get better.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:13 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Originally Posted by Minepza View Post
Everyone that’s on UTO that’s wanted to come back has been back now. They’re going to be hiring soon. If things keep working out with the pandemic, there’s about to be massive growth next 12 months. Still doing day trips, I think that’s what most prefer. They’ll work with some of the commuters to group working days together but the schedules can be random. You’re guaranteed 14 days of work at a minimum per month. As things stabilize more and more with new flying and more pilots, schedules will get better.
Everyone who wants to be back is not back now. There are many people who want to be back, but their base has been closed or severely downsized, leaving them with commuting as their only choice of coming back. Commuting is not easy at JSX, especially in this climate. As mentioned above, it is day trips. There are very few jumpseat agreements, and the schedules are very bad for commuting, (i.e. 7 days on, 2 days off, 4 days on again type schedules). They are also working their current pilots very hard because they are short-staffed. This means commuting pilots will have to pay for travel and a crashpad out of pocket and never be home. This won't be sustainable for the pilots who are currently commuting. Management doesn't seem to have a lot of sympathy for the situation and has made comments that they would rather these pilots resign so that they can hire new pilots, based where they need them. A lot of pilots will be leaving in the next few months if things continue on the current course.
Old 06-06-2021, 03:14 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2021
Default Update

Originally Posted by Minepza View Post
Everyone that’s on UTO that’s wanted to come back has been back now. They’re going to be hiring soon. If things keep working out with the pandemic, there’s about to be massive growth next 12 months. Still doing day trips, I think that’s what most prefer. They’ll work with some of the commuters to group working days together but the schedules can be random. You’re guaranteed 14 days of work at minimum per month. As things stabilize more and more with new flying and more pilots, schedules will get better.
Everyone who wants to be back is not back now. There are many people who want to be back, but their base has been closed or severely downsized, leaving them with commuting as their only choice of coming back. Commuting is not easy at JSX, especially in this climate. As mentioned above, it is day trips. There are very few jumpseat agreements, and the schedules are very bad for commuting, (i.e. 7 days on, 2 days off, 4 days on again type schedules). They are also working their current pilots very hard because they are short-staffed. This means commuting pilots will have to pay for travel and a crashpad out of pocket and never be home. This won't be sustainable for the pilots who are currently commuting. Management doesn't seem to have a lot of sympathy for the situation and has made comments that they would rather these pilots resign so that they can hire new pilots, based where they need them. A lot of pilots will be leaving in the next few months if things continue on the current course.
Old 06-06-2021, 05:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Right, I mean they’ve been given a choice to come back.
Old 06-24-2021, 05:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Hiring FOs in DAL and OAK. Heck of an opportunity for someone who wants day trips out of Dallas.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

Originally Posted by BobSacamano View Post
Hiring FOs in DAL and OAK. Heck of an opportunity for someone who wants day trips out of Dallas.
Great news Bob! Say hello to Kramer for me.
Old 06-26-2021, 05:44 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2015

How is the schedule out of Oakland? Are there still day trips? Or major growth going to happen?
Old 07-07-2021, 07:44 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2013

Originally Posted by flyer15 View Post
How is the schedule out of Oakland? Are there still day trips? Or major growth going to happen?
All trips in all bases are day trips.
Old 07-08-2021, 01:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

what is the pay and benefit package like?
Old 07-09-2021, 03:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2015
Position: Left

I thought we were gonna hear about some new East Coast destinations (beyond Destin, FL) right about now? Where’s all this impending growth we have been hearing about?