Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 04:51 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2021

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
I thought we were gonna hear about some new East Coast destinations (beyond Destin, FL) right about now? Where’s all this impending growth we have been hearing about?

They’re having trouble maintaining what they have, which is impeding potential for growth.

Around 20% of the pilots have left and they can’t staff flights. They waited too long to bring everyone back, and didn’t really do anything to show any appreciation or try to retain pilots so they left and found other jobs. They are also facing a lot of maintenance issues and short airplanes. A lot of flights are being cancelled daily. They’re really having to scale back their growth plans due to these operational issues.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by lonestarpilot1 View Post

Around 20% of the pilots have left and they can’t staff flights. They waited too long to bring everyone back, and didn’t really do anything to show any appreciation or try to retain pilots so they left and found other jobs.

This is a bit exaggerated, they’re moving on to places like FedEx. Don’t know how much appreciation the company can provide to keep them around. Every airline is having trouble staffing right now because they waited too long to bring people back.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:07 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
I thought we were gonna hear about some new East Coast destinations (beyond Destin, FL) right about now? Where’s all this impending growth we have been hearing about?
East Coast flying has always been a rumor. They’re just focusing on increasing capacity and reliability in the current ops in wake of the pandemic.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:31 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Originally Posted by Minepza View Post
This is a bit exaggerated, they’re moving on to places like FedEx. Don’t know how much appreciation the company can provide to keep them around. Every airline is having trouble staffing right now because they waited too long to bring people back.
One pilot went to a place "like FedEx", and had a lot of extracurriculars on his resume to make that happen.

Airlines brought their pilots back in December and begin paying them with the PPP money they received. JSX received PPP money and still didn't take care of the 50%+ pilots sitting at home with no pay. Airlines also begin transitioning all their pilots back onto the line as early as March and even begin hiring again. JSX did not.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by westcoastpilot1 View Post
One pilot went to a place "like FedEx", and had a lot of extracurriculars on his resume to make that happen.

Airlines brought their pilots back in December and begin paying them with the PPP money they received. JSX received PPP money and still didn't take care of the 50%+ pilots sitting at home with no pay. Airlines also begin transitioning all their pilots back onto the line as early as March and even begin hiring again. JSX did not.
Need to be clear about this. The PPP money was tied to 2019 headcount. When COVID hit in 2020 the headcount was much greater than it was in 2019. The company made an honest effort to keep people employed despite getting far less PPP money per pilot than, say, the regionals got.

The company was staffed for tremendous growth, and then came the most extreme collapse in demand to ever hit the industry. It was never going to be pretty. That it wasn’t even uglier than it was for JSX pilots is a testament to the fact that at the end of the day the folks at the helm truly want crews to be happy here.
Old 07-13-2021, 07:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by westcoastpilot1 View Post

Yes, as it was explained by Bob, I don’t think you realize how much worse it could have been for JSX pilots during the downturn. A lot of things they did, they didn’t have to do at all. They’re even going to pay PPP money in back pay which, again, they don’t have to do at all as it was also explained by Bob. JSX isn’t Southwest or American or even a regional, it’s a small pt135 operator, to compare them operationally as well as government aid during the pandemic goes, they’re not the same at all. As far as FedEx goes, the point is that they’re moving on to places like that. I agree, eventually compensation needs to go up especially since the Legacy carriers are hiring. They’re going to have to decide what kind of pilot compensation they’ll have to stay competitive if they truly want to grow the operation.
Old 07-13-2021, 01:50 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

So what is the compensation package like? My son is currently at another 135 operator making good money, but the work hours are a challenge, and doing some really great flying. What could he expect as first year FO? He has just under 1500 hours right now.

Thanks for the input
Old 08-07-2021, 12:16 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by justfun View Post
So what is the compensation package like? My son is currently at another 135 operator making good money, but the work hours are a challenge, and doing some really great flying. What could he expect as first year FO? He has just under 1500 hours right now.

Thanks for the input

If you go to the Airline Profiles under Part 135, they have their compensation published. It is up to date for the most part. They are currently hiring for DAL, OAK, and LAS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2021, 11:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011

Originally Posted by dapuckstopper15 View Post
If you go to the Airline Profiles under Part 135, they have their compensation published. It is up to date for the most part. They are currently hiring for DAL, OAK, and LAS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info!

I never knew that page existed!
Old 08-12-2021, 12:00 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Aug 2021

I’m currently a regional FO living and based in DFW. I recently dropped an app for an FO position out of DAL. Has anyone heard back from the company or have any info on competitive mins. Thanks in advance!