Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Old 11-23-2021, 04:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by tlove482 View Post
I see they have Phenoms listed under Superior Air Charter. Are these day trips as well? I can't tell if it's separate from JSX or not.

They’re separate from JSX. They’re bringing back what used to be JetSuite Inc. Separate certificate and it is charter. I believe you still apply through JSX’s career page however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2021, 06:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dream Job

Originally Posted by dapuckstopper15 View Post
They’re separate from JSX. They’re bringing back what used to be JetSuite Inc. Separate certificate and it is charter. I believe you still apply through JSX’s career page however.

Thanks. That's kinda want I thought but I wanted to make sure.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2021, 09:05 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by maxconthrust View Post
IS JSX currnetly hiring?

What does the 2022 hiring forecast look like? is it slowing down or are pilots moving to the regionals since air travel has slowly picked up?
You might as well go to a real airline unless you live somewhere like Vegas or Oakland with no other regional bases. Management has made it clear that the pilots should only view the company as a stepping stone and should not expect QOL to be improved or pay to increase to be competitive with other regionals.

Pre-Covid it was a pretty good alternative to the regionals, but now you can go elsewhere to make more money while having a similar quality of life (if you live in base), and the option to fly your butt off to build time if you like (not an option here)
Old 12-01-2021, 10:02 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by JOHNinHPN View Post
You might as well go to a real airline unless you live somewhere like Vegas or Oakland with no other regional bases. Management has made it clear that the pilots should only view the company as a stepping stone and should not expect QOL to be improved or pay to increase to be competitive with other regionals.

Pre-Covid it was a pretty good alternative to the regionals, but now you can go elsewhere to make more money while having a similar quality of life (if you live in base), and the option to fly your butt off to build time if you like (not an option here)
JSX is not a regional. It’s a pt135 medium/large jet operator. Those salaries typically go for 70 to 130k+. You probably won’t get what you’re asking for if you compare it to a regional. It’s true, the daily flights are “regional” but it’s nowhere near regional QOL or branding, it’s its own thing. With that said, today’s call sent a pretty bad message to the pilot group. I would imagine a bunch more updated their stuff tonight.
Old 12-02-2021, 02:01 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Apr 2021

Reference the above posts about how JSX pilots were treated during COVID, and you’ll see this is nothing new. Management has never truly cared about the pilot group, they’re just a means to an end.

In a lot of ways regional pilots enjoy a higher quality of life than those at JSX. The problem is, JSX is the first jet job for a lot of people, so they don’t know how it compares. They simply compare it to the worst regional stories they’ve heard.

A good regional will excel over JSX in that they’re an established and stable operation. Right now most regional pilots can feel comfort knowing that they will have a job in a year, their base will be open, and the company will still be around. They also got their ATP, and are gaining 121 time that can be applied towards an upgrade (JSX FOs get neither). A lot of majors pick up FOs straight from the right seat at a regional because of this.

The day to day operations also run so much smoother at a regional. All the little things they have in place really add up. Dispatchers, cleaners, caterers, deice crews, ramp marshallers, etc. make it so that you can focus solely on your job and not be in the back helping flight attendants cross seat belts, loading drinks, taxiing blind hoping you don’t hit your wing tip on something etc.

Regionals also offer a much better ability to commute. JSX has said recently they do not want commuters at all. This is because the operation is day trips. This might sound great if you live in base, the problem is you now have to worry about what happens if they change their strategy a year later and decide to displace everyone at your base (as they did to PHX, SNA, and BFI over COVID). It also makes it harder to upgrade if there no seat availability in your base.

Lastly the training at a good regional is much better. At JSX they give you the bare minimum to pass the checkride, and then throw you on the line to figure it out as quick as possible. Regionals prepare you so that you can actually be an effective crew member and backup the captain from day one.

Despite what management wants you to believe, JSX does not have superior QOL to the regionals. In fact many people will tell you if anything it’s about the same, the advantage going to the regional simply from the standpoint of stability.

Hope this helps anyone trying to make a decision about whether to go to JSX. Management is hoping that pilots will quit and the. they hire a new, cheaper group where they need them. Don’t be the pilots who drinks the kool aid and believes their sales pitch about the superior QOL and a new up and coming company that’s going to take over the country.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by westcoastpilot1 View Post
Reference the above posts about how JSX pilots were treated during COVID, and you’ll see this is nothing new. Management has never truly cared about the pilot group, they’re just a means to an end.

In a lot of ways regional pilots enjoy a higher quality of life than those at JSX. The problem is, JSX is the first jet job for a lot of people, so they don’t know how it compares. They simply compare it to the worst regional stories they’ve heard.

A good regional will excel over JSX in that they’re an established and stable operation. Right now most regional pilots can feel comfort knowing that they will have a job in a year, their base will be open, and the company will still be around. They also got their ATP, and are gaining 121 time that can be applied towards an upgrade (JSX FOs get neither). A lot of majors pick up FOs straight from the right seat at a regional because of this.

The day to day operations also run so much smoother at a regional. All the little things they have in place really add up. Dispatchers, cleaners, caterers, deice crews, ramp marshallers, etc. make it so that you can focus solely on your job and not be in the back helping flight attendants cross seat belts, loading drinks, taxiing blind hoping you don’t hit your wing tip on something etc.

Regionals also offer a much better ability to commute. JSX has said recently they do not want commuters at all. This is because the operation is day trips. This might sound great if you live in base, the problem is you now have to worry about what happens if they change their strategy a year later and decide to displace everyone at your base (as they did to PHX, SNA, and BFI over COVID). It also makes it harder to upgrade if there no seat availability in your base.

Lastly the training at a good regional is much better. At JSX they give you the bare minimum to pass the checkride, and then throw you on the line to figure it out as quick as possible. Regionals prepare you so that you can actually be an effective crew member and backup the captain from day one.

Despite what management wants you to believe, JSX does not have superior QOL to the regionals. In fact many people will tell you if anything it’s about the same, the advantage going to the regional simply from the standpoint of stability.

Hope this helps anyone trying to make a decision about whether to go to JSX. Management is hoping that pilots will quit and the. they hire a new, cheaper group where they need them. Don’t be the pilots who drinks the kool aid and believes their sales pitch about the superior QOL and a new up and coming company that’s going to take over the country.

Well you obviously mostly have no idea about what you’re talking about. I hope you didn’t end up going to a regional after leaving JSX. Job security at the regionals? JSX is established, there is job security, they just need to pay more considering everyone else is.
Old 12-02-2021, 11:36 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Minepza View Post
Well you obviously mostly have no idea about what you’re talking about. I hope you didn’t end up going to a regional after leaving JSX. Job security at the regionals? JSX is established, there is job security, they just need to pay more considering everyone else is.
I feel like he has a pretty good idea and a sense of how this industry goes.

Originally Posted by westcoastpilot1 View Post

I agree with many of these points.

Management keeps pointing out how our performance is great and revenue is up. Nothing but praises going out for our flight crew with no reward to show for it. The company makes many good moves operationally but the relation with the pilot group is getting more distant over the years. Our management in flight ops mentioned that our COO has the pilot groups best interest but I beg to differ. When "John from HPN" brought up his points in the call, our COO was on his heels and said things that I am sure he is regretting because he made our pilot group seem like we are worthless. JSX shouldn't have the culture of "shut up and fly". Like he mentioned pilots here are making this their stepping stone or they are here for a retirement gig. Most people aren't here to stay but this is a place where they can get people to stay. They should make it tough for pilots to make a decision to leave but our COO don't think we are deserving of anything. The COO is insulting and completely inconsiderate. You have people that want to be here and grow with the company but he couldn't give two $h#%'s.

This pilot group actually has a decent QOL compared to the regionals. It's not the best, but it is good for most of the pilot group. You are right, they could easily change the model and all of a sudden, it wouldn't be as attractive and we could have a really bad schedule.

Change is needed here for the pilots, and it starts with the CEO and COO apologizing to the pilot group for not understanding the pilot group. Our needs have been brought up but not addressed correctly. Crew meals, more pay, and a bid system that ACTUALLY works would be a great start. The clock is ticking for a union. Management will want to stop it but this pilot group should HEAVILY consider one. The company will keep pouring KoolAid down your throats but how much longer are we going to take this? Our JFAC can't do enough. Not knocking our new JFAC but things need to happen quickly and the pilots need a contract NOW.

John from HPN, you cracked me up on that phone call. It was great!
Old 12-03-2021, 04:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2019

How low will JSX go on F/O Mins, since 135 Regs say 500TT?
Old 12-03-2021, 05:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by lbell View Post
How low will JSX go on F/O Mins, since 135 Regs say 500TT?

Minimum is 1000TT. We strongly prefer 1200TT but there are some pilots that have been hired recently with 600ish hours.

Old 12-03-2021, 08:11 PM
New Hire

Originally Posted by BurnerPilot View Post
I feel like he has a pretty good idea and a sense of how this industry goes.

I agree with many of these points.

Management keeps pointing out how our performance is great and revenue is up. Nothing but praises going out for our flight crew with no reward to show for it. The company makes many good moves operationally but the relation with the pilot group is getting more distant over the years. Our management in flight ops mentioned that our COO has the pilot groups best interest but I beg to differ. When "John from HPN" brought up his points in the call, our COO was on his heels and said things that I am sure he is regretting because he made our pilot group seem like we are worthless. JSX shouldn't have the culture of "shut up and fly". Like he mentioned pilots here are making this their stepping stone or they are here for a retirement gig. Most people aren't here to stay but this is a place where they can get people to stay. They should make it tough for pilots to make a decision to leave but our COO don't think we are deserving of anything. The COO is insulting and completely inconsiderate. You have people that want to be here and grow with the company but he couldn't give two $h#%'s.

This pilot group actually has a decent QOL compared to the regionals. It's not the best, but it is good for most of the pilot group. You are right, they could easily change the model and all of a sudden, it wouldn't be as attractive and we could have a really bad schedule.

Change is needed here for the pilots, and it starts with the CEO and COO apologizing to the pilot group for not understanding the pilot group. Our needs have been brought up but not addressed correctly. Crew meals, more pay, and a bid system that ACTUALLY works would be a great start. The clock is ticking for a union. Management will want to stop it but this pilot group should HEAVILY consider one. The company will keep pouring KoolAid down your throats but how much longer are we going to take this? Our JFAC can't do enough. Not knocking our new JFAC but things need to happen quickly and the pilots need a contract NOW.

John from HPN, you cracked me up on that phone call. It was great!

RFT