Search
Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

JetSuite Inc/JSX

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2022, 10:57 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2022

Woo hoo, I got the invite for the part 2 Dallas interview. Any tips? Also, any JSX pilots here? How's QOL? You recommend flying here? PM me
Old 05-17-2022, 10:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by OzMoto View Post
Woo hoo, I got the invite for the part 2 Dallas interview. Any tips? Also, any JSX pilots here? How's QAL? You recommend flying here? PM me

Feel free to message me. Every good and bad is pretty current as of the last 10 or so pages. The interview is chill. Be yourself. We are mostly looking for personality and someone that is coachable. QOL can be good if you live in base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2022, 01:30 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by OzMoto View Post
Woo hoo, I got the invite for the part 2 Dallas interview. Any tips? Also, any JSX pilots here? How's QOL? You recommend flying here? PM me
I’ll reiterate what puck guy said above. Nothing has really changed here since coming out of covid, so about May 2021. Most any post after that is basically current.

Things that have gotten better since then:
3rd year+ pay
Upgrade times
Scheduling is slightly nicer

QOL is amazing if you live in base. But if you already live somewhere that you could live in base at a regional, weigh your options carefully.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:30 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by HPNjohn View Post
I’ll reiterate what puck guy said above. Nothing has really changed here since coming out of covid, so about May 2021. Most any post after that is basically current.

Things that have gotten better since then:
3rd year+ pay
Upgrade times
Scheduling is slightly nicer

QOL is amazing if you live in base. But if you already live somewhere that you could live in base at a regional, weigh your options carefully.

Exactly haha.

There still are a handful of issues but you can’t beat it if you live in base. We will see how things go with our new routes and more planes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2022, 07:20 PM
Furloughed Again?!

Joined APC: Aug 2007
Position: Boeing 737

Any rumors regarding new routes or frequency out of Dallas?
Old 06-12-2022, 03:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Better make sure those new hires are still coming with the new pay rates announced at Envoy and the WO.
Old 06-12-2022, 07:29 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by ZapBrannigan View Post
Any rumors regarding new routes or frequency out of Dallas?
Currently we are not announcing new routes but stay tuned.

Originally Posted by Minepza View Post
Better make sure those new hires are still coming with the new pay rates announced at Envoy and the WO.
Randy is already too late to the show. Most pilots that I came across yesterday said they were applying to Piedmont/Envoy. These are pilots in both seats. FO's will leave in masses as well as Captains. The whole regional level is about to beat or match these rates. Randy should not have told the pilot group that we were worthless months ago.
I plan on moving on very soon however and so should many other Jetsuite pilots. I am positive that they will not increase pay for retention or for attraction. The largest reason that I am here is because we were paid better than the regionals back in the day. Now we are quickly falling to the bottom without any promises to improve.
Old 06-12-2022, 12:02 PM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by BurnerPilot View Post
Currently we are not announcing new routes but stay tuned.

Randy is already too late to the show. Most pilots that I came across yesterday said they were applying to Piedmont/Envoy. These are pilots in both seats. FO's will leave in masses as well as Captains. The whole regional level is about to beat or match these rates. Randy should not have told the pilot group that we were worthless months ago.
I plan on moving on very soon however and so should many other Jetsuite pilots. I am positive that they will not increase pay for retention or for attraction. The largest reason that I am here is because we were paid better than the regionals back in the day. Now we are quickly falling to the bottom without any promises to improve.
Up until a few days ago we were paid fairly even with, if not a little more than regionals for the amount of hours we actually fly and days worked… but now it’s barely half. (But remember, we’re compared to Frontier FO’s right?)

Heard a few Dallas FO’s say that they already put apps into Envoy. Why get paid $50k a year when they could easily make over $100k and still live in base… JSX will be lucky to staff the Dallas base with Envoy there. And as soon as Skywest or Horizon raise their rates, the west coast will lose pilots in droves as well.

Say the (lowball) average daily line here is 4 legs at an hour block per leg. At the new regional rates it the pay would be 360/day for a yr1 FO and 600/day for a yr2 CA. Those rates would still put base pay at 40-50k BELOW they yearly salary of Envoy pilots now.
Old 06-13-2022, 01:42 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2021

Up until a few days ago we were paid fairly even with, if not a little more than regionals for the amount of hours we actually fly and days worked… but now it’s barely half. (But remember, we’re compared to Frontier FO’s right?)

Heard a few Dallas FO’s say that they already put apps into Envoy. Why get paid $50k a year when they could easily make over $100k and still live in base… JSX will be lucky to staff the Dallas base with Envoy there. And as soon as Skywest or Horizon raise their rates, the west coast will lose pilots in droves as well.

Say the (lowball) average daily line here is 4 legs at an hour block per leg. At the new regional rates it the pay would be 360/day for a yr1 FO and 600/day for a yr2 CA. Those rates would still put base pay at 40-50k BELOW they yearly salary of Envoy pilots now.
Not to mention the bonuses these regionals are giving out..
I will 100% be submitting my apps to envoy/piedmont, my pay would almost triple if I left to go to envoy. JSX needs to step up their pay if they don’t want all their pilots leaving.
Old 06-13-2022, 06:17 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Nothing's going to change. They'll lower minimums to commercial rating to replace the junior FOs leaving. Most CAs are not going to leave day trips to go to Envoy reserve for 20 or 30K more a year.