Contour/Net-Jets/Flex-Jet

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Contour/Net-Jets/Flex-Jet

Old 09-10-2018, 03:10 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2017
Default Contour/Net-Jets/Flex-Jet

I wanted to seek advice and opinions from some of you fellow pilots. I have interviews lined up for;

-PIC on the ERJ at Contour
-SIC at Net-Jets
-SIC at Flex-Jet
-PIC at True Aviation on the Citation XL

Sadly the PIC positions pay about the same as the SIC positions. I am just thinking the PIC jobs will be much better for my resume down the road. However Net or Flex could be possible lifetime career choices for me. I am sure Captains pull in close to 200k if FO is nearly 100k. After sitting right seat part 121 over 1,000 hours I am ready to upgrade. It's a great time to be a pilot. I applied to 5 places and Southwest is the only one who didn't call me for an interview.

I just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on these or if there is one I need to avoid. True Aviation is at the bottom of my list due to a 2 yr contract. Flip side is its only 5 overnights a month, so not counting them out. Thanks for any guidance.

About me:
North of 5k hours
Types:
CL-65
EMB-145
B-737
Old 09-16-2018, 07:42 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2017

I fly the last turboprop at Contour so my knowledge on the ERJ is limited but i can tell you:

- The routes are all EAS so a lot of flying to the same places
- All part 135, you have the 121 time so i see why youre looking for PIC time
- your hotel will be ok to nice but not in a big city as all flights originate at the outstations

Me personally I want to go 121 and id be happy to sit copilot with actual seniority, a real bidding system, and jumpseat privelages. All of which you wont have at contour. Much more charter like than airline. They are working on CASS but thats been months in the making. Im sure some will disagree with my opinions. Just my 2 cents
Old 11-27-2018, 12:51 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Question Contour/Net-Jets/Flex-Jet

Can anyone shed some light/detail on the Contour schedule and the QOL out of PHX for example?
Old 12-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Position: E135 FO

Originally Posted by Jdaviat10 View Post
Can anyone shed some light/detail on the Contour schedule and the QOL out of PHX for example?
Great company, but not comparable to Netjets at all. Different operation.

West coast flying, we do PHX/PGA/LAS/SBA/OAK/CEC. Different days, different combinations. PGA/CEC is EAS, so you start super early and end the day late, with different combinations as I said up there.

Some 13-15 ON, couple reserve at home, and 12 days OFF every month.

No complaints whatsoever about the treatment. They go the extra mile to treat their pilots with respect and as professionals. And if you have any problem, CP, VP or the CEO are right there to answer any questions or concerns.

ERJ fleet is growing and will keep growing with a mix of EAS andiron EAS routes.

Great quality of life.

PHX FO
Old 12-10-2018, 10:37 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2013
Default Contour/Net-Jets/Flex-Jet

Awesome ERJ135, good info and great to hear that they treat the pilots well. QOL for me matters, been places where that didn't exist much. Thanks!
Old 12-14-2018, 06:33 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Erj135dude View Post
Great company, but not comparable to Netjets at all. Different operation.

West coast flying, we do PHX/PGA/LAS/SBA/OAK/CEC. Different days, different combinations. PGA/CEC is EAS, so you start super early and end the day late, with different combinations as I said up there.

Some 13-15 ON, couple reserve at home, and 12 days OFF every month.

No complaints whatsoever about the treatment. They go the extra mile to treat their pilots with respect and as professionals. And if you have any problem, CP, VP or the CEO are right there to answer any questions or concerns.

ERJ fleet is growing and will keep growing with a mix of EAS andiron EAS routes.

Great quality of life.

PHX FO

Do you have pay rates for PIC in the 135?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2018, 08:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018
Position: E135 FO

I think it starts at 75k
Old 12-14-2018, 09:47 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Originally Posted by Erj135dude View Post
I think it starts at 75k

That’s what I was guessing based on all the old post but it’s not advertised. Any chance you have a contact for recruiter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2018, 10:45 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by Jackedflyer81 View Post
I wanted to seek advice and opinions from some of you fellow pilots. I have interviews lined up for;

-PIC on the ERJ at Contour
-SIC at Net-Jets
-SIC at Flex-Jet
-PIC at True Aviation on the Citation XL

Sadly the PIC positions pay about the same as the SIC positions. I am just thinking the PIC jobs will be much better for my resume down the road. However Net or Flex could be possible lifetime career choices for me. I am sure Captains pull in close to 200k if FO is nearly 100k. After sitting right seat part 121 over 1,000 hours I am ready to upgrade. It's a great time to be a pilot. I applied to 5 places and Southwest is the only one who didn't call me for an interview.

I just wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on these or if there is one I need to avoid. True Aviation is at the bottom of my list due to a 2 yr contract. Flip side is its only 5 overnights a month, so not counting them out. Thanks for any guidance.

About me:
North of 5k hours
Types:
CL-65
EMB-145
B-737

You will be abused at NetJets, especially if they stuff you in the Phenom. The pay isn't worth it and you will be an SIC for 10+ years. It is currently a 15 year upgrade. New TA about to pass and implement Jan 1 which incentivizes fatigued flying for extra pay. They'll be getting more production out of each pilot which lightens the need for recruitment, meaning any new-hire will not only have an absurd wait for upgrade but also remain junior with crap schedule/vacation choices and be at risk for furlough for a long time. They'll also be extending the already ridiculous contract 3 more years until 2026 making it an 11-year contract.

I would recommend XOJet. Quick upgrade, decent schedule/pay/vacation. No uniform. Good equipment. Pilots are happy. Mgmt is friendly.
Old 12-23-2018, 10:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Airplanes

Originally Posted by 55555 View Post
You will be abused at NetJets, especially if they stuff you in the Phenom. The pay isn't worth it and you will be an SIC for 10+ years. It is currently a 15 year upgrade. New TA about to pass and implement Jan 1 which incentivizes fatigued flying for extra pay. They'll be getting more production out of each pilot which lightens the need for recruitment, meaning any new-hire will not only have an absurd wait for upgrade but also remain junior with crap schedule/vacation choices and be at risk for furlough for a long time. They'll also be extending the already ridiculous contract 3 more years until 2026 making it an 11-year contract.

I would recommend XOJet. Quick upgrade, decent schedule/pay/vacation. No uniform. Good equipment. Pilots are happy. Mgmt is friendly.
I'll second most of this. I'm former NJA and left for Spirit (along with another 30 or so guys). I wouldn't go back to 91k for love or money.