Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Alpine Express (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/118329-alpine-express.html)

Avgeek7248 11-29-2018 01:41 PM

Alpine Express

Anyone know the QOL, Amount of hours you fly, quality of aircraft, etc. at Alpine? I have been told they fly more then Ameriflight. I am sitting at 700 hours and was looking to get some time behind a turbine aircraft until I punch out to the airlines. I also would prefer a place without an extended contract for more then a year which to my understanding both AE and AF don't have. I also understand Ameriflight pilots fly about 60 a month but idk how much the BE99 pilots fly. Thanks for any replies.

TeamSasquatch 12-03-2018 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Avgeek7248 (Post 2716223)
Anyone know the QOL, Amount of hours you fly, quality of aircraft, etc. at Alpine? I have been told they fly more then Ameriflight. I am sitting at 700 hours and was looking to get some time behind a turbine aircraft until I punch out to the airlines. I also would prefer a place without an extended contract for more then a year which to my understanding both AE and AF don't have. I also understand Ameriflight pilots fly about 60 a month but idk how much the BE99 pilots fly. Thanks for any replies.

I talked with the chief pilot about 1.5 years ago. Sounded like a good operation, fly 4 days a week, as they rotate people around for some days off and QOL. I’d guess you could fly 6 days a week, if you wanted to crank out some hours. I was told no contract for the 99, not sure on the 1900, didn’t ask. Something like 800hrs a year. They wanted 1100 hrs to start I think. What base are you looking at?

Avgeek7248 12-03-2018 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by TeamSasquatch (Post 2718400)
I talked with the chief pilot about 1.5 years ago. Sounded like a good operation, fly 4 days a week, as they rotate people around for some days off and QOL. I’d guess you could fly 6 days a week, if you wanted to crank out some hours. I was told no contract for the 99, not sure on the 1900, didn’t ask. Something like 800hrs a year. They wanted 1100 hrs to start I think. What base are you looking at?

Billings would be the base of choice for me. I would probably apply for the FO spot till I got the 1,100 hours. I lived in the SLC area for a couple years so I am familiar down there as well but I have been told billings has better routes.

TeamSasquatch 12-06-2018 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Avgeek7248 (Post 2718436)
Billings would be the base of choice for me. I would probably apply for the FO spot till I got the 1,100 hours. I lived in the SLC area for a couple years so I am familiar down there as well but I have been told billings has better routes.

I've seen postings on JSFirm for BIL, not sure how many FO's they bring on, If I remember correctly, it was ~$35/hr as an FO, until you get to 1200. I'm guessing you go onto high time routes to get the hours quickly. I looked at BIL too, but mostly because I have some family in MT and like the remoteness.

smc2020 12-29-2018 08:32 AM

Does Alpine hire P/T?

TeamSasquatch 12-31-2018 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by smc2020 (Post 2733248)
Does Alpine hire P/T?

When I talked to them, they had PT positions If you lived in a base, or could TDY for 1 or 2 weeks at a time. This was 1.5 years ago. Or, if you have any King Air time or a 1900 type they would probably be more interested. Worth talking to them. I think it’s all about what fits the needs for the schedule.