Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Quest Diagnostics 2019

Old 09-25-2019, 11:33 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by Edgewoodrx View Post
My internet dumped right after I hit send so I’m resending. Sorry if it is a duplicate....

I am a 4000 hour ATP and typed in the Dash8 which I currently fly. I am gone from home a lot and am interested in the Dallas position because it is home for me. I’m ok with a temporary posting elsewhere if I could wait for a DAL opening. I have lots of Baron time and have a lot of Part 135 and medevac time as a single pilot. If my thinking is on track, here are my questions:

1. Is DAL Phenom only?

2. Of course there are no guarantees, but does Dallas have some turnover? If you had to guess would my wait time be 6 months? 1 year?

3. Are the runs typically 4 nights or 5?

4. If I were based somewhere other than DAL would I probably fly the Baron?

I appreciate your non-sugarcoated responses on this site. Y’all seem like stand up guys. Thanks in advance.
1. Is DAL Phenom only? — Yes, as of now DAL is only phenom

2. Of course there are no guarantees, but does Dallas have some turnover? If you had to guess would my wait time be 6 months? 1 year? — We recently filled one posistion out in DAL and there seems to rarely be turnover although as we grow Quest may expand that base to need another pilot.

3. Are the runs typically 4 nights or 5?— I’m almost certain that the DAL run is only 3 nights a week. Each run will have you start and finish your night at your base. (Minus one run out of RDG) all other bases fly between 3 and 4 nights per week.

4. If I were based somewhere other than DAL would I probably fly the Baron? — We do fly barons out of our LZU and RDG base. If you were hired I would expect you to be put in both the baron and the Pilatus.

I appreciate your non-sugarcoated responses on this site. Y’all seem like stand up guys. Thanks in advance. —Thank you! We understand that this type of flying isn’t for everyone and it’s a waste of time for all if we try to get people in the door without them knowing the realities of the posistion.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:42 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: King air medevac

Thanks very much for your quick response. Once again, straight up answers and I appreciate that. It is as I expected so I will begin the application process.

Your posts and ultimately your personal response has persuaded me to apply. Should I use your name as the referral on the app? If so, PM me and/or let me know how to go about that.

Thank you
Old 10-06-2019, 04:37 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: B-767 FO

Sorry I have not posted in a while, folks. Things have been quite dynamic with changes ahead to aircraft basing and routes. Thanks to Peaches for trying to you guys informed. I was hoping to post with more definite information, however I am still waiting for the official word on what's to come.

As of last week I believe RDG has finally selected two FOs, so the openings showing for RDG are filled. For those that have been following, one of these positions has been open for months, but they were very slow to begin interviews.

The captain MKC position is not definite yet. Typically for the Phenom street captain hires they prefer someone with a freight background and some jet PIC or extensive jet SIC. Any single-pilot experience is a bonus, too! If you are interested in this position, certainly apply, but keep in mind it may take some time to hear anything as they finalize changes to our system.

Any Auburn University flight students or alumni here? We will be attending a business aviation event there November 8th. We'll bring one of our upgraded PC-12s to show off.

And last but not least, we may have an FO position opening in the near future in LZU. I will keep you posted.
Old 10-07-2019, 08:09 AM
Line Holder

I just confirmed. The MKC position that is posted on the career site will not be filled. However, we are beginning our search for an LZU FO on the PC-12. Ask questions here, so everyone can benefit from the answers. If you're interested in applying, PM me or /u/peaches, or go to our Facebook page and PM us.
Old 10-29-2019, 01:17 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

Hello! Quest just popped up on my radar. I enjoy the challenge of part 135 operations. I live about an hour from RDG. I’m currently a 121 FO with about 3(ish) months before I upgrade. Purely out of curiosity, what kind of career expectations can I have at LBQ vs continuing in the 121 world? Also, I hate to ask, but have to... do captains stay, or is there turnover? If people leave, where do they go? How’s life at RDG? Are there any captain vacancies now or in the near future?
Old 10-29-2019, 04:42 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Quest is a great place to fly. I flew there for a year as a FO and it’s a great group of pilots! The advantage of flying for Quest is QOL. If you have a family, you’d be home everyday. Most runs start between 19:30-23:00 and end at 0330/0430 in morning. Fly 4 nights a week, off most weekends, off holidays. There is a Saturday run in RDG that pilots rotate on. Starts at 1630 and usually ends by 2230.

Most people leave to go to airlines or other corporate jobs. Your flying 4 nights a week, in all kinds of weather. You can delay if you have to. Airlines you’ll make more $$$ and have a good schedule with seniority. It’s what you want out of a career. At Quest, there is no movement for career advancement really. You’ll be flying the PC-12 and the be58. Thefalken can help more with all these questions. I believe there is a captain position open in RDG right now.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:59 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: B-737NG preferably in first class with a glass of champagne and caviar

Originally Posted by DiveAndDrive View Post
Hello! Quest just popped up on my radar. I enjoy the challenge of part 135 operations. I live about an hour from RDG. I’m currently a 121 FO with about 3(ish) months before I upgrade. Purely out of curiosity, what kind of career expectations can I have at LBQ vs continuing in the 121 world? Also, I hate to ask, but have to... do captains stay, or is there turnover? If people leave, where do they go? How’s life at RDG? Are there any captain vacancies now or in the near future?
Career progression??? What type of equipment are you flying? 3 months from upgrade? Stay the path. Go for the intermediate “Brass Ring”. 1,000 hours 121 PIC time can make the difference of DEC, in like kind equipment, with a 135 operator.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:05 AM
Line Holder

***$10k Sign-on Bonu*******

https://careers.questdiagnostics.com...86HJ8NMRWNG2YG

Quest Diagnostics is looking for captains for our Reading, PA (Philadelphia area) base. This base operates the PC-12/45 & /47 and BE-58 Baron, single-pilot.

Routes leave around 1900 - 2300 and return about 0430 each day. Routes are fast-paced with very little waiting. There is one Saturday evening route, which you typically are only assigned every few weeks. There is also a route RDG to MKC that requires a layover in MKC.

We have ASAP reporting. We are 135, but do very little cargo charter work that is not associated with our existing routes. Flight plans are filed automatically. We have a dispatch that can file new flight plans, track down couriers, etc. Each pilot is issued a new iPad mini with ForeFlight.

PC-12 initial is completed at FlightSafety and Baron training is all in-house. The PC-12s are going through avionics upgrade to Garmin 600 PFD with synthetic vision and 750 MFD (see attached picture).

Candidates should have over 1500 total time, CMEL/CSEL, turboprop or turbojet PIC/SIC, and winter operations experience.

$90,000 starting salary. Annual bonus with a 10% of annual earnings target. And a $10,000 sign-on bonus.
Attached Images
Old 12-30-2019, 07:06 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Moving to the Atlanta area this winter. Any openings in LZU currently or possibly upcoming? Interested in applying in January. CFI/CFII w/4000TT/700 multi & ATP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2020, 10:03 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by TWA12 View Post
Moving to the Atlanta area this winter. Any openings in LZU currently or possibly upcoming? Interested in applying in January. CFI/CFII w/4000TT/700 multi & ATP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There was a job posting for our LZU base 14 days ago and I have not heard from any of the guys down there of a position being filled so I assume that it is still available. I would absolutely apply for the position. Once you do give me or TheFalken a pm and we can let the CP know.