Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Quest Diagnostics 2019

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 12:15 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

Originally Posted by DreFlyer View Post
PM sent a little while back couldn't find a way to attach a resume to it so sent one via the FB page. The LZU - FO (PC-12) position is still not listed yet on the website it seems. Thanks for posting these opportunities here btw!
If you have any more questions you can pm me as well. I am a recently upgraded captain from the reading base so I can try to answer your questions as best as possible.
Old 06-06-2019, 03:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: 'Van Driver

Originally Posted by peaches View Post
If you have any more questions you can pm me as well. I am a recently upgraded captain from the reading base so I can try to answer your questions as best as possible.
Will do. Thanks and congrats on the upgrade!
Old 06-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Shot you a PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 07:50 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: PA28-201, Instrument Seeking
Default Reading FO spot?

I have just read through all the previous posts seeing that FO times are around 800-1200 that were looking to have a shot here. I just read on the website, 250 total flight time are required to apply? My question is would a pilot with such low time even have a shot up against the guys with much more impressive numbers and experience? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-02-2019, 09:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by AbbeyC172 View Post
I have just read through all the previous posts seeing that FO times are around 800-1200 that were looking to have a shot here. I just read on the website, 250 total flight time are required to apply? My question is would a pilot with such low time even have a shot up against the guys with much more impressive numbers and experience? Thanks in advance!
While more flight time would definitely qualify you for the SIC position more than someone with a lower amount of time it is not the only factor that goes into the decision to hire or look further into a candidate. I would definitely encourage you to apply and keep your resume updated.

We do have at least one SIC slot that should be opening up soon due to an upgrade in the Reading base so keep your eyes pealed to the job openings page.

In the meantime definitely keep building your time and stay current with your instrument skills.

If you have any more questions feel free to pm me or post on this thread.
Old 07-03-2019, 05:32 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: PA28-201, Instrument Seeking

Thank you very much!!

While more flight time would definitely qualify you for the SIC position more than someone with a lower amount of time it is not the only factor that goes into the decision to hire or look further into a candidate. I would definitely encourage you to apply and keep your resume updated.

We do have at least one SIC slot that should be opening up soon due to an upgrade in the Reading base so keep your eyes pealed to the job openings page.

In the meantime definitely keep building your time and stay current with your instrument skills.

If you have any more questions feel free to pm me or post on this thread.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:12 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Hello all,

I wanted to update this thread on current openings we have at Quest. Currently we have two First Officer posistion open in our KRDG base. We typically want around 800 or more hours for this posistion although they would look at less time depending on the experience you have. The job requires you to live in a reasonable distance from the airport. The schedule is 4-5 nights a week with weekends and holidays off. You would be flying the pc12 with the intention of upgrading to captain once a posistion exists and that your experience level matches the type of flying that we do. Typically you would fly 20-25 hours per week but the pay is dependent upon duty hours so you would most likely be paid around 8-9 hours per night and then given a 10% bonus pay + per diem on top of that.

We currently are fully staffed at our LZU base but continually check our hiring website to see if anything opens.

Feel free to read our profile and pm me if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2019, 04:35 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Hello all,

I wanted to update this thread on current openings we have at Quest. Currently we have two First Officer posistion open in our KRDG base. We typically want around 800 or more hours for this posistion although they would look at less time depending on the experience you have. The job requires you to live in a reasonable distance from the airport. The schedule is 4-5 nights a week with weekends and holidays off. You would be flying the pc12 with the intention of upgrading to captain once a posistion exists and that your experience level matches the type of flying that we do. Typically you would fly 20-25 hours per week but the pay is dependent upon duty hours so you would most likely be paid around 8-9 hours per night and then given a 10% bonus pay + per diem on top of that.

We currently are fully staffed at our LZU base but continually check our hiring website to see if anything opens.

Feel free to read our profile and pm me if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Is a multi-engine necessary since you'll be flying the PC12?
Old 09-24-2019, 08:57 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by BravoPapa View Post
Is a multi-engine necessary since you'll be flying the PC12?
Im going to say yes because the purpose of our SIC program is to upgrade you into the baron and pc-12. However, I would still apply for the posistion and see what happens.
Old 09-24-2019, 08:50 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2014
Position: King air medevac
Default Captain questions

My internet dumped right after I hit send so I’m resending. Sorry if it is a duplicate....

I am a 4000 hour ATP and typed in the Dash8 which I currently fly. I am gone from home a lot and am interested in the Dallas position because it is home for me. I’m ok with a temporary posting elsewhere if I could wait for a DAL opening. I have lots of Baron time and have a lot of Part 135 and medevac time as a single pilot. If my thinking is on track, here are my questions:

1. Is DAL Phenom only?

2. Of course there are no guarantees, but does Dallas have some turnover? If you had to guess would my wait time be 6 months? 1 year?

3. Are the runs typically 4 nights or 5?

4. If I were based somewhere other than DAL would I probably fly the Baron?

I appreciate your non-sugarcoated responses on this site. Y’all seem like stand up guys. Thanks in advance.