Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Quest Diagnostics 2019 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/118854-quest-diagnostics-2019-a.html)

thefalken 12-26-2018 10:45 AM

Quest Diagnostics 2019

1 Attachment(s)
Quest Diagnostics is kicking off 2019 looking to add a captain on the Pilatus PC-12 and BE-58 Baron to our Atlanta, GA (KLZU) base. The official HR posting is not up yet, but feel free to PM resumes or visit our Quest Air Facebook page. Below is a link to a Facebook post to express interest in the position.

https://www.facebook.com/18775241458...9699345262426/

If you found yourself sitting in a hotel or FBO on Christmas day, wishing you were home, this is the job for you! Monday - Friday (holidays off). Refer to our previous thread QUEST DIAGNOSTICS 2018 for all the dirt you could want on us.

We are currently upgrading the avionics on our entire PC-12 fleet, see the attached picture of one that recently rolled out of upgrade. Several of current and former pilots for Quest are on this site and are always more than happy to answer questions.

GearDwn 12-26-2018 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by thefalken (Post 2731651)
Quest Diagnostics is kicking off 2019 looking to add a captain on the Pilatus PC-12 and BE-58 Baron to our Atlanta, GA (KLZU) base. The official HR posting is not up yet, but feel free to PM resumes or visit our Quest Air Facebook page. Below is a link to a Facebook post to express interest in the position.

If you found yourself sitting in a hotel or FBO on Christmas day, wishing you were home, this is the job for you! Monday - Friday (holidays off). Refer to our previous thread QUEST DIAGNOSTICS 2018 for all the dirt you could want on us.

We are currently upgrading the avionics on our entire PC-12 fleet, see the attached picture of one that recently rolled out of upgrade. Several of current and former pilots for Quest are on this site and are always more than happy to answer questions.

Do you guys have CASS or do you have to live in base?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thefalken 12-26-2018 04:00 PM

Need to live near base. We come home everyday.

newpilotusa 12-26-2018 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by thefalken (Post 2731651)

Just wondering, I thought it was four day work weeks?

thefalken 12-26-2018 08:13 PM

It’s true that flying 5 days a week is rare. But we try to let that be a bonus, so that people do not come in with unrealistic expectations.

newpilotusa 12-26-2018 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by thefalken (Post 2731865)
It’s true that flying 5 days a week is rare. But we try to let that be a bonus, so that people do not come in with unrealistic expectations.

Thank you for responding so quickly and that’s good to know.

I’m approaching 2000 TT and a majority of my time is multi turbine (was fortunate enough that I didn’t have to flight instruct). My current flight job is 135 freight, single pilot flying a metroliner. Just wondering, what would my chances be going straight into the Pilatus vs the baron?

Thank you again for responding.

thefalken 12-26-2018 08:46 PM

You would be in both. Baron exclusively until a class date is available for PC12. We fly a different route each night, so that means occasionally you end up on one of the remaining Baron routes.

Subieguy14 01-02-2019 02:54 PM

Any ideas on a timeline for LZU FO openings?

kaputt 01-06-2019 04:34 PM

What do you all like to see for FO applicants? And not just the total time range, but also what you look for on a resume.

Thanks!

peaches 01-06-2019 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by kaputt (Post 2738038)
What do you all like to see for FO applicants? And not just the total time range, but also what you look for on a resume.

Thanks!

Im sure Falken will have a much better response for you but I figure I would give what little info I know. hopfully that will suffice until you can get a better answer.

I and one other guy were hired at Quest recently for the two FO spots in RDG. They have two tiers of first officers depending upon the experience you come in with.

I was hired as the higher tier FO with 1700 hours, CFI, and part 135 experience flying jets in the right seat and the pc-12 in the left seat.

The other guy i believe has just below 1000 hours and is a local CFI.

From what ive learned during my quest (no pun intended) to work here it seems like there is a very diverse background of flying and experience here.

If interested I would add all of the experience you can fit onto your resume and apply whenever you see an opening. I dont know how common this is but I was trying to grab a spot here since 2015 but it just never worked out until now. It does seem to help a ton if you are local to the operation and I moved closer to Reading last june to be closer to family so it all worked out in the end.

I would also network network network. Use this forum as a tool. If you see someone constantly on here answering questions give them a PM and try your best to stay in contact with them. you never know where it may lead!

Good luck!