Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Rampart Aviation

Old 01-19-2019, 09:56 PM
Wrenching on avionics

Joined APC: Aug 2018
Position: sitting
Default Rampart Aviation

Anyone have the latest on Rampart Aviation?

QOL etc. Thank you
Old 01-23-2019, 11:37 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2016

I fly for another carrier but we parked next to their Casa during peak. Crews were very nice and they all seemed very happy with the company.
Old 01-23-2019, 01:32 PM
Wrenching on avionics

Originally Posted by 2AUTO View Post
I fly for another carrier but we parked next to their Casa during peak. Crews were very nice and they all seemed very happy with the company.
Glad to hear.
Thank you for that..
Old 02-05-2019, 06:28 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2008

I interviewed with them about a year ago. It ranks as one of the most wierd interviews I’ve ever had.

In the phone interview I was told my background/hours/experience looked good for immediate hire. I paid for my travel from Nashville to Raleigh for the interview ($400.) I ended up sitting in the airport terminal for eight plus hours waiting on the chief pilot to arrive on a flight from somewhere west. The interview was conducted right there in the terminal. We touched on my experience and background then I had to endure about a hour of him giving me his resume (how he could fly a Lear jet, blah blah blah). I then went to lunch with the base commander. Was told that my lack of military background would probably be a negative because all of their personnel are form black op’s, Navy Seals etc. and that they use the “F” bomb as every other word. They don’t tolerate no sissy pants in the right seat kind of stuff.
I dragged my as back home and vowed to never pay for travel to an interview ever again no matter how good it seems.
Old 02-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2016

Originally Posted by SkyFive View Post
I interviewed with them about a year ago. It ranks as one of the most wierd interviews I’ve ever had.

In the phone interview I was told my background/hours/experience looked good for immediate hire. I paid for my travel from Nashville to Raleigh for the interview ($400.) I ended up sitting in the airport terminal for eight plus hours waiting on the chief pilot to arrive on a flight from somewhere west. The interview was conducted right there in the terminal. We touched on my experience and background then I had to endure about a hour of him giving me his resume (how he could fly a Lear jet, blah blah blah). I then went to lunch with the base commander. Was told that my lack of military background would probably be a negative because all of their personnel are form black op’s, Navy Seals etc. and that they use the “F” bomb as every other word. They don’t tolerate no sissy pants in the right seat kind of stuff.
I dragged my as back home and vowed to never pay for travel to an interview ever again no matter how good it seems.
Base Commander. Damn. At FT Bragg that's a 3 star. Guess Rampart has friends in high places. But yes where these guys go the bad guys are known to shoot at anything armed or not when the mood strikes. On any given day you can experience a "significant emotional event" in that part of the world. I was a SPEC OPS Space Shuttle Tail Gunner. No sissy pants could handle sitting between those rocket engines
Old 02-06-2019, 03:09 PM
Wrenching on avionics

Originally Posted by aeroengineer View Post
Base Commander. Damn. At FT Bragg that's a 3 star. Guess Rampart has friends in high places. But yes where these guys go the bad guys are known to shoot at anything armed or not when the mood strikes. On any given day you can experience a "significant emotional event" in that part of the world. I was a SPEC OPS Space Shuttle Tail Gunner. No sissy pants could handle sitting between those rocket engines
Don't think there's a lot of shooting going on flying between N.Island San Diego and San Clemente Island where they are currently recruiting pilots. Just saying..
Old 02-06-2019, 05:23 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by hav3atps View Post
Don't think there's a lot of shooting going on flying between N.Island San Diego and San Clemente Island where they are currently recruiting pilots. Just saying..
LOL probably not and can't argue. Seems like it would be nice gig and more than a few operators use the DH6. I was referring more in general to these types of operators and what they do around the world.��

Last edited by aeroengineer; 02-06-2019 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Fat finger
Old 02-10-2019, 06:21 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by aeroengineer View Post
I bet you were/are a leg

Last edited by Girthquake; 02-10-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: n/a
Old 02-13-2019, 05:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Girthquake View Post
I bet you were/are a leg
It's funny how everyone loves to insult the "legs" then we realize after it's all said and done the legs are only ones with even a little of their back and knees still intact. Though humping a ruck inflicts it's own brand of long term pain
Old 02-15-2019, 07:38 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Oh wow, you ARE a leg LOL