Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Paragon Jets

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 09:42 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Default Paragon Jets

Hoping someone can provide some insight on the QOL, starting pay (SIC), and schedule.

They have posted numerous times on the orange site. Home basing appeals to me, but I am having a hard time finding any information.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2014
Position: FO SHO

Originally Posted by propdriver86 View Post
Hoping someone can provide some insight on the QOL, starting pay (SIC), and schedule.

They have posted numerous times on the orange site. Home basing appeals to me, but I am having a hard time finding any information.

Thanks!
I'm also curious about Paragon. I was at 601 school at FSI with a few of their pilots last year. They seem to have either a high turn over rate, or they can't find anyone. However, that seems to be the case everywhere in the 135 world right now.

Home base would be nice depending on how they compensate their pilots.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:32 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: Beach Chair

Thanks!
You don't want anything to do with Paragon Jets. The company is run like a circus and they refuse to put good people in place to change anything. It is no coincidence how many pilots have left after only working there a few weeks. They have had 4 chief pilots in the last 12 months because they can't take it. The chief pilot they have now is the worst one yet, and does not support the other pilots at all.
There is no schedule for pilots because they are too lazy to make one. Unsafe maintenance and dispatching, and no respect for the crews is how they operate. They will use fear and intimidation to try and get what they want. How does it sound so far? There are too many good jobs out there to waste your time with Paragon Jets.
The new chief pilot wants "yes men" who will fly broken airplanes and deviate from all kinds of regs. If you fly for Paragon Jets you are a walking FAA violation waiting to happen, it's not worth it.
The foreigners in the office don't even know what the regs are, and will blame the pilots for anything that goes wrong. The only trips they fly are last minute pop ups trips, and the quality of life flying their trips is deplorable.

These comments come from many pilots who have worked there. Many of the pilots who resigned did not receive their final paychecks for trips they flew. Just another example of the illegal way they operate. Don't let them fool you into working there, you will want to get out ASAP just like all the pilots before you.
Old 09-30-2016, 09:18 PM
Line Holder

Thank you for the info! That's what I was afraid of. Much appreciated.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:06 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2015

Current Paragon Pilot here that would like to give the actual facts about this place. The posts above are clearly from extremely disgruntled ex employees with an axe to grind. My experience has been mostly positive. There was a long stretch of being short staffed and grossly overworked no doubt about it. It was rough. We lost some great guys who couldnt hang on. But on that note, it was not the company who brought it on. We had alot of people wash out of training or have some serious issues in their background or medical history. The company has continued to recruit and hire through all the staffing issues. Had a former cheif Pilot who was a $@%! But our current cheif is a good guy. I've had to put my foot down a time or two on regulatory issues and haven't been criticized for doing so. Contrary to above we do honor the regs and company rules indefinitely. The company has weathered the storm and the staffing levels are now approaching normal, affording more livable schedules. Would I have invited a good friend to fly here 3 months ago? No. Would I invite a friend to fly here now? Absolutely. The pay has always been nice and while we were overworked, the pay structure allowed us to make alot more money. We have FO's on pace to break 100k if that tells you something. The insurance is the absolute best I've ever seen. Employees and family fully covered. No deductible and completely company paid. I had a baby and it didn't cost me a cent. We get a decent per diem of $60 domestic and $95 international daily. Pay is always correct and on time. They do need a 401k program but am told that is in the works. The company sales department is stellar and can really sell trips. Home based with company paid comuting is really nice. The pilot group is a great group. The flight attendants are all cool and enjoyable to fly with. My only major gripe was staffing and that has now passed. Feel free to private message me and I'll give it to you straight and unbiased.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:58 AM
New Hire

Thank you for the info! That's what I was afraid of. Much appreciated.
All above true...some below is true but being very well sugar coated.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:09 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Anything new now they are USAC Airways?
Old 05-21-2017, 06:26 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Several things are new:
1. Never a name change, USAC Airways dba Paragon Jets.
2. New DO. Full time, very hands on.
3. New pay structure and schedule.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:51 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Falcon 900B

Originally Posted by orville View Post
Several things are new:
1. Never a name change, USAC Airways dba Paragon Jets.
2. New DO. Full time, very hands on.
3. New pay structure and schedule.
New pay structure and schedule...care to share details?
Old 05-24-2017, 09:09 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2017

Is this company still hiring? Any information on hiring requirements and how to apply would be appreciated.