FlyExclusive

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 08:27 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2018
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Welcome aboard, av88tor!
Thanks. I'm looking forward to what lies ahead.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:31 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Nov 2018

Originally Posted by New Guy 007 View Post
Wish you well during your training! Just wondering, how are they conducting interviews, do you have to fly somewhere and do a face to face interview or is it done on line via skype? Appreciate any reply, again good luck!
I sent you a PM
Old 08-01-2020, 12:28 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2018
Default Online apps

Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
Company has a different first year pay scale for Commercial Rated Pilots ($48k) and ATP Rated Pilots ($57k).

If Commercial Pilot with ATP-CTP completed, company will upgrade you to ATP at your Initial Type Training. If Commercial Pilot without ATP-CTP completed, company will send you to a ATP-CPT course prior to your annual recurrent type training.

flyExclusive is much better than a 121 regional. Why: Fixed 8on & 6off schedule (known days off for months in advance), company paid positive space tickets to work, no reserve, company AMEX to pay for hotels, uber, ect., pilots pick own hotels, $57/ day per diem, pilots keep hotel points & airline miles...to name a few reasons.

Pilots fly about 500 hours per year. QOL is great. PM me with specific questions.
FlyExclusive has job postings on climbto350 but when you go directly to the FkyExclusive website there are no job postings for pilots. I was able to email HR directly but was wondering if you had any other friendly advise on how to get on with FlyExclusive. I have just over 2500TT with an ATP and over 1000 121 Turbine.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-02-2020, 04:08 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

Originally Posted by KAC90 View Post
FlyExclusive has job postings on climbto350 but when you go directly to the FkyExclusive website there are no job postings for pilots. I was able to email HR directly but was wondering if you had any other friendly advise on how to get on with FlyExclusive. I have just over 2500TT with an ATP and over 1000 121 Turbine.

Thanks in advance!
KAC90:
Looks like you meet our flight experience minimums. Will inquire about the job posting on website tomorrow, probably a month-end/ job requisition application period expiration. As far as advice, its been my experience that alot of weight is placed on internal recommendations.

As far as hiring goes: class of 18 finished indoc last week and is headed to sims in August. The September class is anticipated to be the same size. Company fleet will exceed 60 jets by fall and hiring will continue. June was best month in Company's history.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

KAC90:
June was best month in Company's history.
In terms of new hire classes or total revenue? If new hires it’s a given lots are out of a job and they will take anything and I mean anything. If it’s with revenue then why are pilot wages still frozen, why are there no paid holidays?

Finally word is the company is looking at buying Challengers to add to their international fleet, again why spend money on unnecessary things when what was “taken away” from the pilot group has not been fully restored. Asking for a buddy of mine who works there to protect his identity.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015

KAC90:
Looks like you meet our flight experience minimums. Will inquire about the job posting on website tomorrow, probably a month-end/ job requisition application period expiration. As far as advice, its been my experience that alot of weight is placed on internal recommendations.

As far as hiring goes: class of 18 finished indoc last week and is headed to sims in August. The September class is anticipated to be the same size. Company fleet will exceed 60 jets by fall and hiring will continue. June was best month in Company's history.

Good to hear! I just applied on CT350 as well. Hopeful for good news for all interested!
Old 08-03-2020, 01:38 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs down Please pass the Grey Poupon...

Originally Posted by 100LL View Post
In terms of new hire classes or total revenue? If new hires it’s a given lots are out of a job and they will take anything and I mean anything. If it’s with revenue then why are pilot wages still frozen, why are there no paid holidays?

Finally word is the company is looking at buying Challengers to add to their international fleet, again why spend money on unnecessary things when what was “taken away” from the pilot group has not been fully restored. Asking for a buddy of mine who works there to protect his identity.
No offense, 100LL, but I am feeling that you buddy is a little obtuse...

He/she is working for a Company that didn’t lay him/her off when countless other companies laid off or shut down completely during one of the greatest crises in our Nation’s history. In addition, your buddy didn’t take a pay cut and got paid while staying at home for over a month. It wasn’t until May 1 that the Company changed anything, and then they announced cash savings measures that were to last through September 31, including suspension of the performance bonus, suspension of the $2500 New Hire Referral bonus, a daily rate pay system, and a 15/13 schedule to minimize pilot exposure to Covid (and yes, to save money). At the same time, one of our biggest, and deep pockets competitors offered their pilots the choice of a 33% pay cut, a 50% pay cut, or a 100% pay cut for 4 months unpaid leave. Ask around, compare, and our buddies elsewhere agreed that we got the better deal. We have already returned to the 8/6 schedule for those that desire it, by the way..

So here we are, in one of the deepest crises not only in Aviation, but Globally, and your buddy is floating on a boat while watching countless other ships and boats sinking, and he/she is essentially complaining that his/her boat doesn’t have a pool. I mean, seriously!?!

Are there other, more mature companies out there that pay better and are better financed, with better benefits? Sure, but they are few and far between And mostly haven’t returned to hiring. Again, your fortunate friend is working for not only a Company that didn’t furlough, fire, or give him/her a big pay cut, but they are also flying for a Company that is HIRING, UPGRADING, and ADDING AIRCRAFT as we speak. I think that June’s numbers were based on Flight Hours or segments flown, vs. revenue, but that is only a guess. There are a lot of companies under cutting each other right now, so I don’t think that hourly rates have returned to normal. I hear that we are turning down trips that others are taking, due to price.

And sure, like all pilots/workers, we want to get paid more for working less, all have benefits like Netjets and GAMA, and have an A&B Fund like UPS/FDX does. But considering that this Company is only 5 years 3 months old, I’d say that we are doing pretty darn well and have treated our pilots better than most during this crisis.

Finally, tell your buddy that they can get an anonymous account here on APC, just like you and I did, and air their grievances to everyone. But realize that the 12,000 + furloughed pilots out there will be shaking their heads at them for being obtuse.

Last edited by B727DRVR; 08-03-2020 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Umm....
Old 08-19-2020, 10:30 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: Home Standby

Any hiring going on for X pilots? Or XL?
Old 08-20-2020, 06:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Thumbs up Yes, we are hiring mainly Into the Excel.

Originally Posted by LAGOONA View Post
Any hiring going on for X pilots? Or XL?
Yes,

We just had an INDOC class of 20 a couple of weeks ago. We have another INDOC class of 16 starting on 09/07, and another INDOC class scheduled for 09/28/20, but I’m not sure how many they are going to have in that class.

I believe that they are mainly hiring into to XL for that class, but the way we are growing that changes all the time.
Old 08-20-2020, 10:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2020
Position: Home Standby

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
Yes,

We just had an INDOC class of 20 a couple of weeks ago. We have another INDOC class of 16 starting on 09/07, and another INDOC class scheduled for 09/28/20, but I’m not sure how many they are going to have in that class.

I believe that they are mainly hiring into to XL for that class, but the way we are growing that changes all the time.
Thank you.