Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 05-12-2021, 06:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Can you live anywhere in the US for FE or do you need to live in North Carolina?
Old 05-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Originally Posted by Diverb View Post
Can you live anywhere in the US for FE or do you need to live in North Carolina?
They're a homebase company, can live anywhere.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2017

That's what I thought, I was just wondering when I went to their Website and read Kingston next to the FO job posting. I'm definitely interested, just need to finish my last 2yrs at my current employer and RETIRE
Old 05-12-2021, 07:44 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot

Originally Posted by tothebigblue View Post
Thanks,
Offered a June start date and would really like the X. Mostly for the west coast flying and longer legs. I dont care either way but to have the transcon experience would be stellar.
Congrats and welcome aboard bigblue, we operate a floating fleet, all types fly the west coast. Even the CJ3s do transcons with a fuel stop. There are some Sovereign initial slots in the June class as well.

*All pilots are home based and airlined positive space to aircraft.
Old 05-12-2021, 12:39 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2019
Position: Seat 1 thru 4
Default QOL

Originally Posted by sky303 View Post
Just came off IOE this past week. My thoughts so far are that FE is a busy, expanding operation where things will inevitably be a bit in flux, but at the moment I have very few complaints.

Everyone from indoc through my IOE captains has been professional and responsive when needed. Equipment/mx has been super solid in my fleet during my two-week jaunt. Concerns were addressed when brought to the appropriate channels and a grounded AC leading to an airline to swap planes was handled really smoothly. Safe flying and a well-presented product for the passengers. As they continue to get AC into company standard colors/interiors, this is definitely going to be a competitive product.

As they are growing, tech stuff is definitely still kinda a work in progress. Paper logs and fuel receipts getting mailed in at the end of rotations, and needing to utilize like five apps to get a flight off the ground seems a bit inefficient, but there are tech changes in the works to simplify these processes.

They are going to company-booked hotels (pilots still keep points, and it's Marriott/Hilton w/ CA preference), which does seem to be ruffling some feathers. This is definitely not my favorite change, but it's a trial and may be short-lived--to me, it's not a game changer as it stands.

Uniforms are going to a tie and white shirt, with an optional blazer to probably come. Looks fine to me--means I can pull my Cut Aboves out of the box I tossed them into. I do hope they settle on this for a while.

Pay is good for the industry, but probably will be due for another round or so of moderate increases if they intend to retain and continue to recruit folks with the hiring pace at other companies picking up steadily.

As for the day-to-day we weren't dogged, but definitely busy. Plenty of time for some fun on the road in some cool places, and I think only two min rest days over the course of my 15 days out. Not sure if that's entirely standard, and I know different fleets experience different QOLs on the road, but FWIW.

Everyone that wanted the 8/6 in my indoc got it immediately for whatever that's worth.

Overall, I'm super happy to be here, and my outlook is positive. If pay continues to increase as it has been with the expansion and the company sees continued success, I could see this being a forever home. At the very least, it's a good place to be before going to NJ or similar.

I haven't been here long, but I'd highly recommend it based on the experience I have accrued here so far.

To the OP can I ask your background, 121, 135, 91, MiL ? And were you already typed on the aircraft you were assigned?
And a few questions for any current pilots at FE. Preferably line pilots that are not recruiters. No offense just looking for the good, bad and the ugly.

1. Is the 15/13 schedule better than the 8/6? I know pay is.

2. Do you see a pay raise every anniversary with the point system annual raise program?

3. If you were already typed in your aircraft how long was it to upgrade?

4. And how much was your prorated training contract?

5. FEI how hard is it to get into the gulfstream side of things?

6. 4% contribution if you contribute how much?

7. Uniforms issued or do you buy your own shirts, pants, epaulets, tie, blazer? White shirt, blue or black pants?

8. What’s the chances of being hired in as a street Captain?

Thanks in advance for your shared info. I’ve read the threads and I believe most of these questions are answered but with the flux and change I wanted current as possible info.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:59 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: Yes Ma'am, No Ma'am

Originally Posted by Boeingthere View Post
To the OP can I ask your background, 121, 135, 91, MiL ? And were you already typed on the aircraft you were assigned?
And a few questions for any current pilots at FE. Preferably line pilots that are not recruiters. No offense just looking for the good, bad and the ugly.

1. Is the 15/13 schedule better than the 8/6? I know pay is. —8/6 for me

2. Do you see a pay raise every anniversary with the point system annual raise program?— I think so, however our new pay program is pretty detailed and a bit confusing

3. If you were already typed in your aircraft how long was it to upgrade?
—- took me 2 months
4. And how much was your prorated training contract?
—8700/year
5. FEI how hard is it to get into the gulfstream side of things?
— it will take a few years
6. 4% contribution if you contribute how much?
—- I’m not sure, it’s not that much. I ran the numbers when I first got here and it came out to about 500/year if you maxed it out.
7. Uniforms issued or do you buy your own shirts, pants, epaulets, tie, blazer? White shirt, blue or black pants? — they issue uniforms and the new ones look nice.

8. What’s the chances of being hired in as a street Captain?
—- they don’t hire street captains
Thanks in advance for your shared info. I’ve read the threads and I believe most of these questions are answered but with the flux and change I wanted current as possible info.

— hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-13-2021, 04:57 AM
Line Holder

Thanks for the info flyjbh.
Old 05-13-2021, 06:17 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by Diverb View Post
Home basing is very generous. One has a higher chance of living where you want and getting a job compared to other places that claimed home basing as well. If you live in Florida chances are you’ll have the easiest commute to and from work except on the day you fly someone to California on day 7 or even 8 or 14/15 pending your schedule.

The company has gone through some changes in the last three years both externally and internally (some clear as day and expected, some changes were borderline sneaky where not everyone knew what changed and when/why) That part is somewhat unsettling to me. To this day with the changes I’ve seen and as another poster mentioned with the hotel perk gone it’s becoming very challenging to stay. Not trying to detract those who want to come here but if you do keep to legal, keep it safe, and stand up for yourself.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:57 AM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2019

Originally Posted by Boeingthere View Post
I have a purely 135 background. Small operator. I was already typed in my fleet (CJ).

1. This is a personal preference. To me, the 13 days off justify the 15 on the road. This means you can take a week-long vacation in the off-time and still come home with effectively five days to sit around.

2. See: flyjbh. My understanding is it is impossible not to net a raise with the points system. The size of that raise is what will vary.

3. Obviously, I'm only just done with IOE, but I'm being told around 2-4 months. That's what I'm hoping. A buddy from my previous employer is coming up to upgrade now and he's been here for about four months, but had a slow start to IOE (home standby because his IOE capt popped a COVID positive IIRC).

4. CJ Recurrent for me had a contract of $6,300.

5. I have no experience with this, but the heavy fleet is definitely where I want to be eventually. Best I can tell is at least a couple of years. On paper, you are seat-locked for two years after upgrade, but I have heard that company need has overridden this at least a few times.

6. They do fifty cents on the dollar, so if you contribute 8% they will contribute a 4% match.

7. As flyjbh said, company issues uniforms. New ones are white shirt, navy and silver epaulets, navy pants, black belt and (at some point in the near future, a company tie--they sent out generic ones in the meantime). Outerwear is currently a combination of two North Face-branded pieces--a softshell fleece and a sort of rain jacket type coat with hood. They can be worn independently or together and are really nice. Blazer is somewhere down the line.

8. Everyone is hired as an FO afaik. Upgrade can be extremely quick though, as noted.

Did my best. I'm still very new here, but I hope this helps out.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:31 PM
Line Holder

Thanks Sky303. Solid information.