Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

FlyExclusive

Old 08-06-2022, 07:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2019

Originally Posted by BeenThere View Post
Is there an age restriction on new-hires (over 70) and is a Covid vax required? Asking for a friend.
no age restriction that I’m aware of, unless you’re applying for the G-IV to comply with ICAO rules. No Covid Vax required.
Old 08-07-2022, 12:04 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Anyone know if FE pays or reimburses you for parking at your home base airport? Or is it the park at the FBO and hitch a ride somehow to the pax terminal. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed and I didn’t scroll back far enough to see it.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:06 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by Merc331 View Post
Anyone know if FE pays or reimburses you for parking at your home base airport? Or is it the park at the FBO and hitch a ride somehow to the pax terminal. Apologies in advance if this has been discussed and I didn’t scroll back far enough to see it.
No, they do not reimburse you for parking. Depending on your home airport it is also unlikely you can park at the FBO and hitch a ride. I have a feeling this may be one of the changes upcoming (or at least pay for your Uber to the airport).
Old 08-07-2022, 03:37 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool No parking or tip reimbursement, yet..

Originally Posted by Merc331 View Post
Followingdreams is correct….

They have tended to hand out raises, bonuses, and per diem increases incrementally, and both tip reimbursement and parking have been big asks on our pilot calls…. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this soon for us as the Company endeavors to catch up to some of our competitors, but not yet. Many of us park for free at friendly Signatures, Atlantics, etc., because of our Platinum status. I was lucky to park for free here for 3.5 years, before my local FBO decided to charge $140 per month last year and the airport only allows scheduled Part 121 Operators that fly in here to be able to park in Employee Parking.. It is actually cheaper to park in Long Term Parking, rather than pay the FBO to park, and long term parking is a shorter walk..

So this has become a big deal for me as well..
Old 08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: May 2022
Default Tipping

Not sure how this works when flying to Mexico... I asked this question in indoc, and got a bit of a shoulder shrug in response. Ever try and get fuel Cabo without tipping the handler 50 bucks or so? You'll get fuel, but it's a minimum 2 hour wait. I would think they would change this soon....
Old 08-07-2022, 07:42 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Mar 2017

Thanks for all the information in this thread. Seems like a great company and I’m excited to becoming on board.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:58 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool I think that we must pay our handlers well..

Originally Posted by Vmo plus 10 View Post
Not sure how this works when flying to Mexico... I asked this question in indoc, and got a bit of a shoulder shrug in response. Ever try and get fuel Cabo without tipping the handler 50 bucks or so? You'll get fuel, but it's a minimum 2 hour wait. I would think they would change this soon....
Hey VMO,

I think that we must pay our handlers in Mexico well, because I have never tipped one or seen one tipped in the 4.5 years that I have been here, and we get great service wherever I have been in Mexico, etc. I have given them a cold drink, a mini, and even some fresh Del Taco that we had extra of, but I have never tipped anyone.. Not that I would be against it, though. It’s not like we are some 3 jet operation with 10 pilots that they prey on, we are a pretty big operation so nobody messes with us for chump change..
Old 08-07-2022, 09:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2018

Originally Posted by Vmo plus 10 View Post
Ive been to Mexico 2x since Ive been here (Cabo), both times, we had excellent service and no tipping. Like 727 says, Im sure the amount of planes we have, the juice is handled internally.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: Yes

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
So….. That’s a pretty non-specific and not a first hand comment based on rumors… I’ve been here for 4.5 years and never heard of anyone “striking” anyone, much less 3-4 years ago, and if that did happen, it would have been huge news for our back then little Company. In addition, the stricken SIC could have and would have sued our pants off if forced to work in an unsafe environment, even in right-to-work NC.

I did know of 2 PIC’s, in particular, who did VERBAL striking to the other Team members, pilots and non-pilots, who were terminated before the Covid-19 growth and hiring that happened here. Both these pilots were abusive and profane to their fellow pilots and were also abusive to CSR’s, Line Personnel, Uber drivers, Hotel CSR’s, etc. And nobody wanted to fly with those people, but the Company eventually dealt with them when they found out about it. Guess what? No tears were shed and nobody misses them. Now, we have a Professional Standards Committee, and I guarantee you that the previous behavior mentioned will get corrected quickly or that pilot will be history. So no, no striking going on here.

As far as 24 months go, yeah.. that is a pretty long time. Funny thing though, I transitioned to the X over a year ago and nobody asked me to sign anything. They must have known that I was pretty happy here, 😂…. I do agree with 24 months being too long.

We are certainly not perfect, and at only 7.5 years old, have a long way to go to catch up to our older and more established competitors FLEX and NJA. But we have already passed some of our other competitors and continue to improve every day, coming a very long way in a very short time from 3 CJ’s to pushing 100 jets.
It happened. This is known for a fact. I know the individual it happened to. FE was more concerned about having an Encore turn trips than they were about having a capt that no one would fly with. Yes, he was eventually fired, but not before all FOs had refused to fly with him.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2020

Originally Posted by bajthejino View Post
It happened. This is known for a fact. I know the individual it happened to. FE was more concerned about having an Encore turn trips than they were about having a capt that no one would fly with. Yes, he was eventually fired, but not before all FOs had refused to fly with him.
Cool story, bro.