Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC/Wheels UP

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2019, 04:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016
Default TMC/Wheels UP

First of all, I would like to say I have 100 percent respect for my brothers and sisters at TMC. It seems like you guys work hard and deserve lots of credit.

Obviously you can read from my previous posts that I work for Gama and fly the King Air. This announcement has come to alarm only a small number of pilots here. Most believe what management and Wheels UP are telling us. I (and many of you) can see the bigger picture of what is to come.

I don’t know much about your company other than what I have read here and also reading job postings a few years ago. It’s hard to find any positive comments about your management and the job postings I have read suggest that you get little to no vacation and go to training on your days off. Can some of you shed some light on the current conditions over there? I guess a fear of mine (other than losing my job) would be coming from a company where I felt respected and valued by management to going somewhere completely opposite.

Thanks for your input.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:05 AM
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2019

Originally Posted by Busdriver91 View Post
First of all, I would like to say I have 100 percent respect for my brothers and sisters at TMC. It seems like you guys work hard and deserve lots of credit.

Obviously you can read from my previous posts that I work for Gama and fly the King Air. This announcement has come to alarm only a small number of pilots here. Most believe what management and Wheels UP are telling us. I (and many of you) can see the bigger picture of what is to come.

I don’t know much about your company other than what I have read here and also reading job postings a few years ago. It’s hard to find any positive comments about your management and the job postings I have read suggest that you get little to no vacation and go to training on your days off. Can some of you shed some light on the current conditions over there? I guess a fear of mine (other than losing my job) would be coming from a company where I felt respected and valued by management to going somewhere completely opposite.

Thanks for your input.
First off, let me echo your respect and admiration towards you and everyone there at Wheels Up and Gama. Individually each team shows what hard work and dedication can do to build strong, solid, and successful companies each, in their own right.

Although I understand you or your fellow pilots' caution or fear, understand that as of right now, no changes to either business, process, or relationship have been discussed. For everyone here the business runs the same as it did last week.

As for the information you see here, we have several former employees still holding a grudge after resigning more than a year ago. My advice is don't pay any attention to it as it is no longer relevant.

We have made many changes during the last year and a half. The majority of our management team has changed. Our uniform has changed and is paid for by TMC. Our training is done while on rotation. We have increased base pay, per diem, vacation, and bonuses.

Lastly, we have been cultivating a family oriented culture here where everyone, not just the office team or the pilot team, but everyone feels like and is a valued teammate or part of the family. We take care of our family.

Thank you for reaching out, and I am happy to answer any other questions or concerns you may have if you'd like to contact me directly.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2018

I can't seem to find (granted I haven't looked through the entire other TMC thread) captain pay rates for TMC. Anyone care to share? I did see the posted claim is 90 something first year first officer with bonuses, which is definitely better than Gama first officers are doing. I hope that this new relationship will serve to improve conditions for both pilot groups!
Old 06-07-2019, 11:49 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by aspiretofly View Post
First off, let me echo your respect and admiration towards you and everyone there at Wheels Up and Gama. Individually each team shows what hard work and dedication can do to build strong, solid, and successful companies each, in their own right.

Although I understand you or your fellow pilots' caution or fear, understand that as of right now, no changes to either business, process, or relationship have been discussed. For everyone here the business runs the same as it did last week.

As for the information you see here, we have several former employees still holding a grudge after resigning more than a year ago. My advice is don't pay any attention to it as it is no longer relevant.

We have made many changes during the last year and a half. The majority of our management team has changed. Our uniform has changed and is paid for by TMC. Our training is done while on rotation. We have increased base pay, per diem, vacation, and bonuses.

Lastly, we have been cultivating a family oriented culture here where everyone, not just the office team or the pilot team, but everyone feels like and is a valued teammate or part of the family. We take care of our family.

Thank you for reaching out, and I am happy to answer any other questions or concerns you may have if you'd like to contact me directly.
Lololololololololo!!!!!!

Sounds like TMC is the bees knees now!

Gulp (some sort of overly sugary drink)

Plane Coffee
Old 06-07-2019, 12:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015
Position: Begging for a crew meal

Your Kool Aid is definitely spiked.
Old 06-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Hello
Like others on here I work for GAMA. I usually read post and don’t get involved. However I guess I am now on a fact finding mission. I along with other pilot have no delusions WUP will ultimately move all airplanes over to TMC (soon to be WUP) certificate with in a year or two. I’m not on the band wagon that’s says that’s bad but I’m also skeptical.
My question come strictly from a apple to apples comparison.

Let me start by saying I recently reviewed the TMC threads. While I understand pilots hold grudges. TMC seems to have a lot of pilots with grudges from a small operation that is alarming to me. This is why I’m a first time caller long time listener. It would seem TMC may have made changes recently but I guess it’s in the eye of the beholder. 90% of the reason I came to GAMA was I found very few if any complaints with there way of doing things.

A. What is First Officer 1st year pay ( No bonus and no expected over time). Straight pay?
B. What is 1st year pilot vacation time?
C. What is TMC family insurance rate?
D. Is your 8/6 schedule mean that day 8 you go home day 8 ( assuming no break downs/ weather problems) or is it a we will try....?More or Less GAMA knows your what your go home days is and makes sure you get routed in away to allow a crew swap. Some of your former pilots have indicated it’s a guide line more than a guarantee?
E. Many former TMC pilots on this thread have clearly stated TMC is a “ Get the job done regardless of a pilots concerns” Now I will state the FAA leave a lot of room for interpretation and basic minimums. However anyone who’s flown any real time knows that you can’t really have a rule for every scenario. Allowing all 135 and 121 companies free reign to say those famous words “ Technically it’s legal”. But do your supervisors support pilot safety concerns? And if you say YES. Why have so many pilots current/former suggested other wise?

I will repeat myself this is in no way a bashing but, honest facts Finding questions. Like in an interview I know no ones perfect but if at one time you had a problem. I would like to know why it happen and what has been changed to fix it.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Nobody wants to listen to experience, huh?

Nobody's leaving the 'good' 135's for TMC. Enough said.

I've got a list of instances I was pilot pushed, lied to, safety compromised after it was brought to 'management's' attention, etc. I'm not going to itemize. Tigers are UNABLE to change it's stripes. Ever seen a picture of a shaved cat?

Wanna risk it? Fine. Just don't pretend you weren't warned.

Plane Coffee
Old 06-07-2019, 05:45 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Thank you for your post. Others have pm’d me and said similar things. Hopefully in the end this is good for both of our groups, but change unfortunately brings the fear of the unknown. I also hope this discussion can remain civil and factual.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:55 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by galleycafe View Post
Nobody wants to listen to experience, huh?

Nobody's leaving the 'good' 135's for TMC. Enough said.

I've got a list of instances I was pilot pushed, lied to, safety compromised after it was brought to 'management's' attention, etc. I'm not going to itemize. Tigers are UNABLE to change it's stripes. Ever seen a picture of a shaved cat?

Wanna risk it? Fine. Just don't pretend you weren't warned.

Plane Coffee
I believe every word you have stated. I have chatted with quite a few TMC Pilot over the years and it doesn’t look pretty. But GAMA has had to change over the years too.. The drama on this forum does not help anyone. Unfortunately it’s left up to individual pilots to run or stay put. Managment has been quiet about this and it’s left to pilots to find facts or dust off the resume. My guess is only a select few know the truth and will keep quiet with what they know.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

You sound reasonable. TMC is not. That's a fact.

Plane Coffee