Worldwide Jet Charter, Stay Away

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Worldwide Jet Charter, Stay Away

Old 03-07-2019, 05:33 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Default Worldwide Jet Charter, Stay Away

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I wanted to pass along my experience with applying to Worldwide Jet Charter.
Quick background on me, I'm 40 years old have 121 and 135 experience, four type ratings and 7 years as an air traffic controller. I'm not saying that like its anything super impressive but obviously I am not new to aviation.
Anyway I apply to their ad on climbto350. Specifically because it says NO RELOCATION REQUIRED and lists Boston as an airport you can commute from.
So I get a call from their recruiter, Charlie Hunter. He starts by saying I don't meet their requirements (I more than meet them) and that I'll have to be based in Teterboro for 2 years. He said this is a great opportunity for a kid like me with little experience. I told him I'm not a kid and don't appreciate his tone, and there is no way on earth im moving to Teterboro (Id rather move to Syria) In short the guy is an complete $*#head who thinks this is 2006 and we should be all jumping at the chance to work for a place that blatantly lies from the get go.
Just wanted to pass along this warning. There are a lot of good places out there and with good people who value our experience and don't condescend to us. Worldwide Jets is evidently not one of them.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:46 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2010

Thanks for the info. I had a bad experience when talking with Short Hills in MMU and Dumont. Both had the rotation I would have liked but when the former sent the training contract which didn't mention a price it just stopped. Dumont wanted a 38k contract for 2 years on a classic 2000. Retail on that is 25k. For them with 10+ acft way less.

I really don't think these guys understand the market.

Originally Posted by Gbrown18 View Post
Hi all, I'm new to this forum but I wanted to pass along my experience with applying to Worldwide Jet Charter.
Quick background on me, I'm 40 years old have 121 and 135 experience, four type ratings and 7 years as an air traffic controller. I'm not saying that like its anything super impressive but obviously I am not new to aviation.
Anyway I apply to their ad on climbto350. Specifically because it says NO RELOCATION REQUIRED and lists Boston as an airport you can commute from.
So I get a call from their recruiter, Charlie Hunter. He starts by saying I don't meet their requirements (I more than meet them) and that I'll have to be based in Teterboro for 2 years. He said this is a great opportunity for a kid like me with little experience. I told him I'm not a kid and don't appreciate his tone, and there is no way on earth im moving to Teterboro (Id rather move to Syria) In short the guy is an complete $*#head who thinks this is 2006 and we should be all jumping at the chance to work for a place that blatantly lies from the get go.
Just wanted to pass along this warning. There are a lot of good places out there and with good people who value our experience and don't condescend to us. Worldwide Jets is evidently not one of them.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:51 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: Pt.135

Dumont and Short Hills have very bad reputations in the north east. Short Hills has newer management so time will tell, chief pilot sounds like he's trying. Dumont takes old planes and Flys them until they timeout then parts them out. Worldwide seems like they're in direct competition with Talon when it comes to who can be the biggest scum bag. I can't figure out how these places are still finding crews. Who is that desperate? Two year contract on an old falcon 2000 or fly a Lear 60 for subpar pay and terrible schedule living in TEB. I simply do not get it.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:10 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2018

Originally Posted by LordHumongous View Post
Dumont and Short Hills have very bad reputations in the north east. Short Hills has newer management so time will tell, chief pilot sounds like he's trying. Dumont takes old planes and Flys them until they timeout then parts them out. Worldwide seems like they're in direct competition with Talon when it comes to who can be the biggest scum bag. I can't figure out how these places are still finding crews. Who is that desperate? Two year contract on an old falcon 2000 or fly a Lear 60 for subpar pay and terrible schedule living in TEB. I simply do not get it.

You're not wrong regarding Dumont, however how does that give it a bad reputation?
Old 03-13-2019, 04:08 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2014
Position: Pt.135

Originally Posted by Crockrocket95 View Post
You're not wrong regarding Dumont, however how does that give it a bad reputation?
Sorry I should have elaborated. Two year contract, low pay, **** schedule, and beat ass equipment.

Are you required to sign 6 month recurrent contracts?
Old 03-14-2019, 01:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

This is obviously a troll. None of what he says makes any sense. Ive heard it used to be worse but they’re changing that since guys were leaving. Everyone now is home based. Charlie Hunter is a good guy, nothing but respectful. Everything so far has been as advertised. Friendly professional workers and pay is always on time. They spare no expense to keep your on the road quality of life great. Maintenance seems good. Just like anywhere else it’s not perfect, wish they had 7 on 7off and intial pay is ok but not great. But other than that it’s a place you can hang your hat for a while.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: Corporate Jet Captain

I had the exact same experience. I met all the qualifications to be a PIC on the G-IV and could be home based in Los Angeles but he calls me and and now I only meet the SIC requirements and need to move to Teterboro and take a $80K a year paycut.....Hahaha. I have 8300TT and 3500 PIC Jet time. Plenty of time in type as well. Bait and switch on their ads.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:35 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Retired for now
Default WWide Jet

I also did a phone interview with Charley. It was around 11 months ago. 2 year training contract, they keep all hotel points, 12/6 sked for Lear 60 FO.

After 15 minutes I wished Charley best of luck and terminated his call.
Old 03-14-2019, 07:15 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2019

Purpleanga, you are a moron. Yeah I’m a troll. I went through the trouble of becoming a pilot, joining this website, applying for a job and then arbitrarily making up something about a guy I only talked to once. Jackass.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:25 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Purpleanga, you are a moron. Yeah I’m a troll. I went through the trouble of becoming a pilot, joining this website, applying for a job and then arbitrarily making up something about a guy I only talked to once. Jackass.
When did you apply? Because I can tell you everyone is home based.