Wheels up buying Fly exclusive?

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Wheels up buying Fly exclusive?

Old 03-27-2019, 04:37 PM
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2019
Post Wheels up buying Fly exclusive?

Wheels up wants to take the company public and leave GAMA. To do this they need to purchase a 135 certificate and have been doing all of wheels up's over-flow flights. I've heard this rumor now from several different sources. Anybody have some intel on this?
Old 03-27-2019, 06:23 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Highly doubt it.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:54 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Question I hate to say it, but I sort of hope not....

I hope that it’s just a rumor... Every merger that I have been involved in has resulted in a furlough notice . That, and now we are at the size that everyone knows each other, likes each other, and it feels like we are family. That’s one sad face for each merger-related furlough that I have had.. LOL.

Where’s this rumor coming from, because I sure haven’t heard it on the flyExclusive side...?
Old 03-27-2019, 08:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Exclamation I highly doubt that they would leave GAMA..

And splitting up Wheels Up and GAMA would be like separating twins conjoined at the head. Imagine trying to put find 400 type rated and current 350, XL, and X pilots in a seamless transition while trying to satisfy their customers. GAMA is a great place and most flyExclusive pilots have many friends over there. If anything, I think that they would just be giving us some additional flying. Whatever happens, we wish our brothers and sisters over at GAMA tha’ best!

Last edited by B727DRVR; 03-27-2019 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:48 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by B727DRVR View Post
I hope that it’s just a rumor... Every merger that I have been involved in has resulted in a furlough notice . That, and now we are at the size that everyone knows each other, likes each other, and it feels like we are family. That’s one sad face for each merger-related furlough that I have had.. LOL.

Where’s this rumor coming from, because I sure haven’t heard it on the flyExclusive side...?
I've heard it from several current captains, and as a former captain there myself, I heard it while still working for them. I've also heard it from WUP pilots. It also seems suspicious that WUP hired professional photographers to take pictures of the whole fleet. This isn't rumor, this is fact. I've personally run into them when getting to the plane to ready it for departure.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:27 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Talking Interesting....

Interesting rumor...

Hey, how long ago did you leave and where did you head off to? We are hiring like mad and need pilots.. Come back!!

Anyway, thanks for keeping you ear to the ground for us and keep us posted if you hear anything interesting.

Hope that you are enjoying your new gig wherever that may be....
Old 03-28-2019, 06:41 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Gulfstream Pilot
Default Wheels Up fleet

Since the rumor mill is a churning, any Wheels Up folks know how many Excels and Tens are in the Wheels Up fleet?
Old 03-28-2019, 06:44 AM
On Reserve

I just left there just a few months ago when that mass exodus happened. Not sure how large it really was, but there was the company email saying they can't sustain operations if they keep losing pilots. I heard between 6-8 resignations in a matter of 2 weeks. I was a capt. on the XL fleet though. I wont divulge my new job on a public forum, but it's far less stressful than Flyexclusive was. I grew tired of the constant mx issues and write-ups. I was quite literally a daily occurrence.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:48 AM
On Reserve

Originally Posted by Amphibian View Post
Since the rumor mill is a churning, any Wheels Up folks know how many Excels and Tens are in the Wheels Up fleet?
15 XL's and 6 X's from what I understand.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:53 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Soreloser View Post
I've heard it from several current captains, and as a former captain there myself, I heard it while still working for them. I've also heard it from WUP pilots. It also seems suspicious that WUP hired professional photographers to take pictures of the whole fleet. This isn't rumor, this is fact. I've personally run into them when getting to the plane to ready it for departure.
Well, considering the 5-yr contract just auto-renewed without either side even looking at it, I’d say those rumors are just that. Everyone I’ve talked to or heard from says, and I quote, “it’s just not true”. They are however exploring some supplemental lift with Fly exclusive and a couple of other carriers along with some other backup plans to help us out going into summer. Some guys just like to worry about the future, but as long as we take care of WU, they’ll take care of us.