On rotation with an "outlyer"

Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

On rotation with an "outlyer"

Old 04-14-2019, 12:14 PM
All is fine at .79

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: Paahlot

I flew with a Capt A-hole the other day.
All nice and jovial in the van to other Captains and toxic in the cockpit to FO’s.
He’s got one year to retirement unless he medicals out prematurely. Until then we can all hope he wakes up one day with a broken sphincter.
Old 04-14-2019, 06:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Unhappy Sorry to hear that..

Originally Posted by TiredSoul View Post
I flew with a Capt A-hole the other day.
All nice and jovial in the van to other Captains and toxic in the cockpit to FO’s.
He’s got one year to retirement unless he medicals out prematurely. Until then we can all hope he wakes up one day with a broken sphincter.
Sorry to hear that, TiredSoul...

12 years ago, we had a countdown timer set for when our jerk, who was forced into anger management classes, turned 60 and had to go back to the FE seat.

He would have had to do a lot of outside checks in the rain and snow, but the airline went Chapter 11 before he turned 60.. Karma is a beeeeeootch... or certainly would have been for him.

Don’t you guys have a Pro Standards there at 5Y? Or has Captain A-hole dug himself into favor with them too? Hopefully, they can straighten him out.

I hope that you don’t have to endure him again.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:13 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Exclamation So, what happened with your jerk Captain?

Originally Posted by grumman41 View Post
Please help! My background has been some crew and single pilot ops. I now fly with a larger number of pilots on rotation. The majority are professional, polite and very sharp pilots. I was paired with a guy that berates the FA, drives very aggressive and screams at other drivers. His flying is MUCH worse than our junior FOs, totally screws up approaches. This guy introduces and generates stress that doesn't need to be there.

I am new to this company and looking to upgrade soon. This guy is filling out IOE forms on me as we speak.#@!$#@!

We are a great company with great captains who try to lower stress and bring out the best of their crew. This is how we bring the best to our customers. I welcome your input!

Well.....

How about it, Grumman??? What did you end up doing? How did it go?
Old 04-27-2019, 07:16 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2017

Currently midway thru rotation with a great crew! Probably two to six months from upgrade so keeping my mouth shut,ears open and hoping I don’t get scheduled with captn marvelous!! Cheers, wouldn’t wish this on anyone. I feel worse for the FAs who are berated as they are doing a great job under sometimes stressful conditions.