Airline Pilot Central Forums

Airline Pilot Central Forums (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/)
-   Part 135 (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/)
-   -   Dynamic Aviation Hiring (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/part-135/121710-dynamic-aviation-hiring.html)

707FE 05-09-2019 06:24 AM

Dynamic Aviation Hiring

Flying the Dash 8 and King Air 200.
1. Apply
2. Get a phone call if you meet the mins -look it up on their website.
3. Come to Bridgewater and fly the desktop sim. LISTEN UP... The sim is old. Keep your feet off the rudder pedals when flying.. It's a short IFR flight to see if you can follow the published profile... They know the sim is horrible and if you lose your **** about it..... You're out... Temperament is key to passing as well, they are watching your reactions and how you handle yourself. I made two mistakes and asked ATC for a turn to intercept the approach at the NDB and vocalised my mistake - Own it. Many pilots fail because they immediately lose their temper, who wants to fly with that guy....not me. The profile location constantly changes, so I don't have any idea where you will depart or fly to.
4. HR will tell you if you passed...not the sim instructor.
5. If you pass, next stop HR for the interview....
6. Dynamic is a great place to work, there might be higher paying ISR platforms out there but quality of life on site is way better IMO.
7. 60 on 60 off rotations - Can't discuss locations
8. $800 per day - Yes others may pay more - so apply there if that's your hang up.

tohellandback 05-09-2019 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by 707FE (Post 2816992)
Flying the Dash 8 and King Air 200.
1. Apply
2. Get a phone call if you meet the mins -look it up on their website.
3. Come to Bridgewater and fly the desktop sim. LISTEN UP... The sim is old. Keep your feet off the rudder pedals when flying.. It's a short IFR flight to see if you can follow the published profile... They know the sim is horrible and if you lose your **** about it..... You're out... Temperament is key to passing as well, they are watching your reactions and how you handle yourself. I made two mistakes and asked ATC for a turn to intercept the approach at the NDB and vocalised my mistake - Own it. Many pilots fail because they immediately lose their temper, who wants to fly with that guy....not me. The profile location constantly changes, so I don't have any idea where you will depart or fly to.
4. HR will tell you if you passed...not the sim instructor.
5. If you pass, next stop HR for the interview....
6. Dynamic is a great place to work, there might be higher paying ISR platforms out there but quality of life on site is way better IMO.
7. 60 on 60 off rotations - Can't discuss locations
8. $800 per day - Yes others may pay more - so apply there if that's your hang up.

A few questions:

1. Is the $800 per day for captain? How much is the first officer pay?
3. Does the (ISR) King Air 200 require a type rating? if so, who does the training?

Thanks in advance.

Desiflyer 05-09-2019 08:43 PM

What about the clearance for civilian Guys?

F224 05-10-2019 04:47 AM

Unless something has changed after I left Dynamic in 2015, all pilots are paid the same.

Dynamic does all training in house with their own simulators and provides a military B200 (RC-12) type rating. You can take it to your local FSDO and get the type added to your civilian certificate. They will pay for a security clearance for the right types of pilots.

Great family owned company, I felt honored to be a part of it then and still do today long after I moved on.

capt4life 05-10-2019 08:22 AM

Where do folks move on to?

Is Manned-ISR a viable way to circumvent doing a regional stint prior to a legacy airline? Or is it a realtively well-paid time/experience builder?

I'm current mil and looking at options when I grow up.

Bottom Line: can you go from one of these outfits directly to the big-3/FedEx/UPS?

Thanks-

USMCFLYR 05-10-2019 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by capt4life (Post 2817722)
Where do folks move on to?

Is Manned-ISR a viable way to circumvent doing a regional stint prior to a legacy airline? Or is it a realtively well-paid time/experience builder?

I'm current mil and looking at options when I grow up.

Bottom Line: can you go from one of these outfits directly to the big-3/FedEx/UPS?

Thanks-

Depends on the rest of your experience.

If the biggest thing you have ever flown is a B200 then very doubtful.
If you are a former USAF C-17 type who has done two years of ISR, then very likely.

capt4life 05-10-2019 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by USMCFLYR (Post 2817794)
Depends on the rest of your experience.

If the biggest thing you have ever flown is a B200 then very doubtful.
If you are a former USAF C-17 type who has done two years of ISR, then very likely.

Sent you a PM.

jrav8r 05-13-2019 08:44 AM

Can anyone flying ISR please pm me about it. I’m interested in the type of flying, and would love to speak with someone who does it. I’ve been researching companies, schedule, pay, etc but would like to hear details from someone who actually does it. Thanks.

ThefiestyGOAT 09-25-2019 11:55 AM

Are there employment contracts?

I saw on their site they are hiring for survey FO (no aircraft type specified) and King Air (California). Do they only operate the Dash and King Air, or are there others?

How much flying can you expect there?

Thanks,

Scott

TSRAGR 05-04-2020 08:50 AM

I hate to bump this thread, but it's time... I applied, can anyone there go through if they're actually hiring, if the stuff here is till current (Sim interview flying an NDB??? never done that.. etc)
PM if ya need too.

Thanks
-TSRAGR