Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

TMC/Wheels UP

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 04:34 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by GoGoGagetFO View Post
I have worked for TMC for 2 years and there are some things I want to say because I’ve been a long time lurker but don’t really post. But many of my Gama friends have been spooked by the terrible stuff about TMC on the forums so I want to clear up some misunderstandings.

There are a LOT of butt hurt ex-TMC pilots that lurk on this forum, many of whom seem to wish the whole ship would sink. (And many who actively tried to sink it with bull**** maintenance write ups, fatigue calls, etc when they did work here) However, in the last year and a half, the new management has really turned things around. The pilots we have currently are a great group by in large and many of those who rightfully did have gripes with the old management are not around to see the way things have turned around, yet continue to try and tarnish the “reformed” TMC.

Much of the information posted on the forums about TMC has not caught up with reality. Last year, we got an increase in perdiem to $55/day ($65 international), increase to entire pay scale (year 1 FO pay based on 8/6 schedule is $276.44/day, goes up to $300.48 year 2). Company pays up to $200/yr for Uniforms, 11pm go home day guarantee or get paid full extra day, train on your days on, 16 days vacation with 5years or more seniority, major maintenance is in house again (and I can honestly say that reliability has increased because of it). A typical day is a 3 leg day but 2 leg days and 4 leg days are not rare either.

I have to admit, I was nervous when the teamsters went away, yet Duty on/off times remain, and minrest is pretty rare (and when it does happen, it’s usually because you’re doing or staging for a next day recovery flight), but with the new in house maintenance, and noticeably higher reliability rate, recovery flights have decreased dramatically as well (at least I don’t seem to be doing them as much anymore, I don’t have access to the actual statistics).

It sure will be interesting to see how the new WU relationship works out, but given Wheels Up’s reputation, I’m not too worried.
Thanks for the response! I along with other GAMA pilot do see some benefit decreases with what TMC offers. Now I know WUP will decide compensation level once the water begins to flow.
A. Per Diem 59.00 a day here. International is the same.
B. The 16 days vacation for 5 years would be welcomed!!
C. We get midnight as our day 8 pay, but if you do get in passed midnight 500-650 dollars is our I’m sorry about that pay.
D. 100% pilot and family medical paid for is huge for some pilots.

Lately the work schedule has been similar. I say it’s more luck of the draw of which tail you get assigned too.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2016

I have worked for TMC for 2 years and there are some things I want to say because I’ve been a long time lurker but don’t really post. But many of my Gama friends have been spooked by the terrible stuff about TMC on the forums so I want to clear up some misunderstandings.

There are a LOT of butt hurt ex-TMC pilots that lurk on this forum, many of whom seem to wish the whole ship would sink. (And many who actively tried to sink it with bull**** maintenance write ups, fatigue calls, etc when they did work here) However, in the last year and a half, the new management has really turned things around. The pilots we have currently are a great group by in large and many of those who rightfully did have gripes with the old management are not around to see the way things have turned around, yet continue to try and tarnish the “reformed” TMC.

Much of the information posted on the forums about TMC has not caught up with reality. Last year, we got an increase in perdiem to $55/day ($65 international), increase to entire pay scale (year 1 FO pay based on 8/6 schedule is $276.44/day, goes up to $300.48 year 2). Company pays up to $200/yr for Uniforms, 11pm go home day guarantee or get paid full extra day, train on your days on, 16 days vacation with 5years or more seniority, major maintenance is in house again (and I can honestly say that reliability has increased because of it). A typical day is a 3 leg day but 2 leg days and 4 leg days are not rare either.

I have to admit, I was nervous when the teamsters went away, yet Duty on/off times remain, and minrest is pretty rare (and when it does happen, it’s usually because you’re doing or staging for a next day recovery flight), but with the new in house maintenance, and noticeably higher reliability rate, recovery flights have decreased dramatically as well (at least I don’t seem to be doing them as much anymore, I don’t have access to the actual statistics).

It sure will be interesting to see how the new WU relationship works out, but given Wheels Up’s reputation, I’m not too worried.
Awwww shucks. You guys fixed it all. Kudos!

You're welcome.

Plane Coffee
Old 06-26-2019, 08:56 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

First post, management or buttkisser, zero credibility.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:26 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Can't spell "gadget", either.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:05 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2014

Or gag it. Not sure which he was implying
Old 06-27-2019, 08:18 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Gag it would be appropriate for the managerial types.

Plane Coffee
Old 07-01-2019, 12:21 PM
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2018

This is the best self serving reply I have seen yet. Is it bitter ex employees or a bitter company? So you basically said that you are reaping the benefits of those who were pro union before you who were a huge part of getting the benefits you just mentioned. Then you call bull on the fatigue calls and MX write ups. Seems to me you are a confused person. Also, how is the retirement and healthcare going? Glad that raise helped pay for both those things. Sounds like you are really winning over there. Damn those pesky union guys that are no longer there! They made things better after all, but lets go ahead and blame them for that companies bad reputation.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:43 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2016

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
C. We get midnight as our day 8 pay, but if you do get in passed midnight 500-650 dollars is our I’m sorry about that pay.
That’s not accurate. You’re mixing it up with the regular overtime rates ($550/day for FO, $650/day for CA).

Get-home-late pay is the same for everyone, regardless of seat. $500.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019

Originally Posted by StainRJDriver View Post
That’s not accurate. You’re mixing it up with the regular overtime rates ($550/day for FO, $650/day for CA).

Get-home-late pay is the same for everyone, regardless of seat. $500.
Still better than most company’s pay out to there pilots for getting home late, including TMC.
Old 08-26-2019, 08:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by LLWS09R View Post
Still better than most company’s pay out to there pilots for getting home late, including TMC.
Bless your heart.

Plane Coffee