Notices
Part 135 Part 135 commercial operators

Flying at Airnet

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: C172, Right

I'll be instructing in a couple months, and building hours while I get my college degree. It should be about a two year process. Is there any way during that period of time that I could get a better glimpse of the company? I really like the idea of single pilot IFR night twin time, and I enjoy working by myself. I think Airnet/any of the freight companies might be the place for me after college. My 5 year goal is a local charter junket. Anyone have any info/insight for me? It would be much appreciated.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2007

look at the internet to learn about the company. Where are you located? You can stop by the airport and talk to airnets pilots there if they are at your home airport at some point and they can give you some advice and what goes on with the company? PM me if you have any specific questions.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:01 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: C172, Right

Thanks, I'm new here so can't quite use the PM yet. I worked at BUF doing line for a while and met some young airnet guys who seemed pretty enthusiastic about it. I've been to their site several times (along with many other 135 cargo companies)... they seem very appealing and I suppose my mind may already be made up, I just want to get all the info (from people, not from the web) I can about all the places before I commit my time.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:34 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: LJ35 PIC

Originally Posted by PFGiardino View Post
I'll be instructing in a couple months, and building hours while I get my college degree. It should be about a two year process. Is there any way during that period of time that I could get a better glimpse of the company? I really like the idea of single pilot IFR night twin time, and I enjoy working by myself. I think Airnet/any of the freight companies might be the place for me after college. My 5 year goal is a local charter junket. Anyone have any info/insight for me? It would be much appreciated.

It sounds like you are on top of things. My only suggestion is to call their recruiting department and see if they let you come for a visit!

GL,